Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Worst band Names

The Fudge Tunnels - fer rill!
Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 8/08/2014 2:03 p.m., wrote:
The Fudge Tunnels - fer rill!

Sphinctones

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

The Fudge Tunnels

Sphinctones

Aren't you both overlooking Butthole Surfers?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Fri, 8 Aug 2014 05:19:44 -0700, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:

The Fudge Tunnels

Sphinctones

Aren't you both overlooking Butthole Surfers?

What about the Beatles? That has to take the trophy for worst band
name. A pun that is appalling and pathetic at the same time. At least
those others show some attitude.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

wrote:

The Fudge Tunnels

Sphinctones

Aren't you both overlooking Butthole Surfers?

What about the Beatles? That has to take the trophy for worst band
name. A pun that is appalling and pathetic at the same time. At least
those others show some attitude.

I think I was in my twenties before I figured out
it was misspelled - then I got the joke.

I thought that it was sort of cool though. I don't
think it's so bad a name.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

wrote:

The Fudge Tunnels

Sphinctones

Aren't you both overlooking Butthole Surfers?

What about the Beatles? That has to take the trophy for worst band
name. A pun that is appalling and pathetic at the same time. At least
those others show some attitude.

Actually , no.

You must revel in the misery of your dark cynicism .

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.pro

wrote:

The Fudge Tunnels

Sphinctones

Aren't you both overlooking Butthole Surfers?

What about the Beatles? That has to take the trophy for worst band
name. A pun that is appalling and pathetic at the same time. At least
those others show some attitude.

Actually , no.

You must revel in the misery of your dark cynicism .

On the contrary, I think you are dazzled by the quality of their
musical achievements.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

On 9/08/2014 5:40 p.m., Don Pearce wrote:

On the contrary, I think you are dazzled by the quality of their
musical achievements.

Thought you were gunna say those were pathetic and appalling too ! At
least the name wasn't pretentious ,,,,

;-)

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Sean Conolly Sean Conolly is offline

wrote:

The Fudge Tunnels

Sphinctones

Aren't you both overlooking Butthole Surfers?

What about the Beatles? That has to take the trophy for worst band
name. A pun that is appalling and pathetic at the same time. At least
those others show some attitude.

Actually , no.

You must revel in the misery of your dark cynicism .

On the contrary, I think you are dazzled by the quality of their
musical achievements.

I know I was a wee bairn when they came up with the name, but for that time
I think it was clever enough.

Sean

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Lord Valve Lord Valve is offline

wrote:

The Fudge Tunnels

Sphinctones

Aren't you both overlooking Butthole Surfers?

What about the Beatles? That has to take the trophy for worst band
name. A pun that is appalling and pathetic at the same time. At least
those others show some attitude.

That was actually a misspelling. It was supposed to be "The Beatless."

Lord Valve
Musician

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

"Tobiah" wrote in message
On 08/08/2014 06:59 AM, Don Pearce wrote:
What about the Beatles? That has to take the trophy for worst band
name. A pun that is appalling and pathetic at the same time. At least
those others show some attitude.

I think I was in my twenties before I figured out
it was misspelled - then I got the joke.
I thought that it was sort of cool though. I don't
think it's so bad a name.

Well not as bad as all those that copied like Cyrkle, Byrds, Monkees etc.
(not that they were necessarily particularly bad groups, just worse names
than the Beatles)

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 at 2:42:43 AM UTC-4, Trevor wrote:
"Tobiah" wrote in message
On 08/08/2014 06:59 AM, Don Pearce wrote:
What about the Beatles? That has to take the trophy for worst band
name. A pun that is appalling and pathetic at the same time. At least
those others show some attitude.

I think I was in my twenties before I figured out
it was misspelled - then I got the joke.
I thought that it was sort of cool though. I don't
think it's so bad a name.

Well not as bad as all those that copied like Cyrkle, Byrds, Monkees etc.
(not that they were necessarily particularly bad groups, just worse names
than the Beatles)

Trevor.

Ah, someone mentions The Cyrkle!

Bought a Sony (3) CD budget set at a Target store. It included the song, Turn Down Day. I played it, sounded pretty good, but then I suddenly STOPPED the CD player, replayed a portion, something was odd!! I nailed it down to a previously edited drum riff (I call it)[some refer to it as underdubbing - not including what was recorded], that I agree, didn't "fit" well, but when they remixed the session tapes, they (accidentally?) left it in!!

Red Rubber Ball song ends up in usenet (MP3), an odd sounding version. I did my best to boost vocals. I much later BUY the CD it claims it came from (Rockin' '60s), very similar, but vocals are louder!!

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 9:50:59 PM UTC-4, JackA wrote:

Bought a Sony (3) CD budget set at a Target store. It included the song, Turn Down Day. I played it, sounded pretty good, but then I suddenly STOPPED the CD player, replayed a portion, something was odd!! I nailed it down to a previously edited drum riff (I call it)[some refer to it as underdubbing - not including what was recorded], that I agree, didn't "fit" well, but when they remixed the session tapes, they (accidentally?) left it in!!

Maybe some day you'll learn to listen to music for the sake of the music. It seems that most of your comments here are to point out things that you believe are flaws in the recording or production.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 7:45:04 AM UTC-4, Mike Rivers wrote:
On Tuesday, April 28, 2015 at 9:50:59 PM UTC-4, JackA wrote:

Bought a Sony (3) CD budget set at a Target store. It included the song, Turn Down Day. I played it, sounded pretty good, but then I suddenly STOPPED the CD player, replayed a portion, something was odd!! I nailed it down to a previously edited drum riff (I call it)[some refer to it as underdubbing - not including what was recorded], that I agree, didn't "fit" well, but when they remixed the session tapes, they (accidentally?) left it in!!

Maybe some day you'll learn to listen to music for the sake of the music.

Mike, really, stick to what you do best, and leave me to studio chat and HQ reproduction and research to me. I don't "believe" until I "know".

Now, you remember this song (below). This rendition appeared on an EMI Legendary Masters CD. I'm sure those who were involved bringing it to life wished for stereo. And, to pour salt on a wound, The Exciters (girl group), their (prior) rendition of this song (also on Legendary Masters) surfaced in mono, but others privately offered me a stereo mix. I wonder how all this happens?

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...dowahdiddy.mp3

Thanks.

Oh, and, peace.

Jack

It seems that most of your comments here are to point out things that you believe are flaws in the recording or production.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

Mike Rivers wrote:

Maybe some day you'll learn to listen to music for the sake of the music.
It seems that most of your comments here are to point out things that
you believe are flaws in the recording or production.

Maybe someday we will stop responding to trolls€¦

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Wednesday, April 29, 2015 at 8:51:32 AM UTC-4, hank alrich wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote:

Maybe some day you'll learn to listen to music for the sake of the music.
It seems that most of your comments here are to point out things that
you believe are flaws in the recording or production.

Maybe someday we will stop responding to trolls...

Oh, heck, Hank, that will never happen until YOUR two leaders stop responding, and I do not see that happening any time soon.

But, it was neat to watch you and another here be tagged a "troll".

Ramble on.

Jack

--
shut up and play your guitar * HankAlrich.Com
HankandShaidriMusic.Com
YouTube.Com/WalkinayMusic

FA: Precision Power PPI equalizers - 30 band trunk mount & 5 band in-dash packrat014 Car Audio 0 May 29th 06 07:43 PM
You want names? Sandman Audio Opinions 6 April 10th 04 08:18 PM
ICP Worst Band of All Time? Analogeezer Pro Audio 7 August 19th 03 03:22 PM
Names for SUV's Tom Paterson Pro Audio 7 July 19th 03 05:01 PM