Posted to rec.audio.car
blinky44

Default Problem with Pionner AVX-P8DVD

Hey Guys,

I am having a problem with a AVX-P8DVD and am hoping someone can give
me some suggestions. I bought this used and was told it worked. I
tried testing it just hooking up the yellow(Positive) and red (Acc) to
the positive on the battery and the 2 black (grounds) and the light
green (parking break) to negative. Nothign happens when I do this, no
lights, no power or anything. The only thing that lights up is the
flashing red light behind the face plate but other then that I cant get
anything to work.

The only thing I can think of is the resistor in the ACC wire is blown.
Other then that I am lost.

Am I possibly hooking it up wrong? Or do people think the player is
blown? Any help or suggestions on what to check would be greatly
appreciated!

Thanks
Brian

Posted to rec.audio.car
sniper99

This unit works with head units that can control it, such as the
AVHP7300, etc. It does not function by itself. It will probably not
power up if it does not see the P BUS and other connectors connected.

CLC: More John Stewart Vacuum Tubes 12 November 2nd 04 09:47 AM
Problem With Alpine Head Unit/Type E Subs (Part 2) Brian Lamendola Car Audio 3 May 25th 04 04:58 AM