Jonny Durango

Default Help! - automating patterns in Reason

So I'm generally new to Reason. I programmed a bunch of patterns in bank A1,
A2, A3 and so on and I would like to be able to play for example A1 for 8
measures, then 1 measure of A2, then back to A1 for 8 measures, then A3 for
2 measures.....you get the idea. So I thought I had finally figured it out
when I clicked on the little "Show Pattern Lane" button and I could just
write in the patterns I wanted it to play for each bar using the pencil
tool. But once I got my "automation" programmed and pressed the "Play"
button on the transport bar (not the "run" button in redrum), it would only
loop whatever pattern I had selected in ReDrum. It would play A1 until I
clicked on A2 and totally ignore my "pattern lane" automation. I tried "copy
pattern to file" and even tried hitting the record button and manually
selecting the pattern which I wanted it to play (this did nothing at all).
Can somebody shed a little light? Thanks a billion!!!

--

Jonny Durango

"Patrick was a saint. I ain't."

http://www.jdurango.com

Help! - automating patterns in Reason Jonny Durango Tech 2 September 10th 04 12:24 AM
Help! - automating patterns in Reason Jonny Durango Pro Audio 0 September 9th 04 07:35 AM
Akai and Reason John Payne Pro Audio 4 May 22nd 04 10:23 PM
Akai and Reason John Payne Pro Audio 0 May 14th 04 04:37 PM
Home recording question (w/ Tascam 788, Reason, MIDI) Patrick Shroads Pro Audio 0 March 19th 04 08:32 PM