Larry

Default Any Car Alarms for MANUAL Door Locks?

I'd like to install an alarm on my 2003 Toyota Tacoma. It does NOT
have power door locks or power windows. Are there any good alarm
systems on the market which will work with manual door locks?
Mike Walsh

Any alarm should work without the lock/unlock feature enabled.

--
Mike Walsh
West Palm Beach, Florida, U.S.A.
I. Care

In article ,
says...
I'd like to install an alarm on my 2003 Toyota Tacoma. It does NOT
have power door locks or power windows. Are there any good alarm
systems on the market which will work with manual door locks?

Look at
http://www.directed.com/. There are alarms that have features to
actuate door locks, windows, sun roofs etc., but those features do not have
to be connected. You can also buy kits to install electric door locks on
your car that operate with the remote for your alarm.

I. Care
Paul Vina

Any alarm on the market will work with manual door locks. The door locks
have nothing to do with the security or how well the system works. It's a
convenience feature, nothing more. If you want to ADD power door locks that
something else entirely but can be done very easily (unless it's a Focus) by
adding door lock actuators to any alarm.

Paul Vina

"Larry" wrote in message
m...
I'd like to install an alarm on my 2003 Toyota Tacoma. It does NOT
have power door locks or power windows. Are there any good alarm
systems on the market which will work with manual door locks?

Paul Vina

The door isn't deep enough to get an actuator in. Even the smallest
actuators I've seen (Accele pieces) weren't even close. If you don't buy a
Focus with power locks, you'll never have them.

Paul Vina

m...

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
Any alarm on the market will work with manual door locks. The door

locks
have nothing to do with the security or how well the system works. It's

convenience feature, nothing more. If you want to ADD power door locks

that
something else entirely but can be done very easily (unless it's a

Focus)
by
adding door lock actuators to any alarm.

Paul Vina

"Larry" wrote in message
m...
I'd like to install an alarm on my 2003 Toyota Tacoma. It does NOT
have power door locks or power windows. Are there any good alarm
systems on the market which will work with manual door locks?

Gmac

can you get a descent aftermarket speaker in the door?

--
Gmac

Paul Vina

There's plenty of room for speakers but there isn't any room between the
sheetmetal and the door panel to get an actuator in there.

Paul Vina

"Gmac" wrote in message

can you get a descent aftermarket speaker in the door?

--
Gmac
Gmac's Profile:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...info&userid=10