Stewart Pinkerton

Default What's Pinkerton's problem this time?

On 10 Mar 2005 22:49:02 -0000, er
(Andre Jute) wrote:

Well, well, well. A nasty little bad-tempered note from Stewart "Delay" Pinkerton.
Usually it is only failures who get so ill tempered so fast

You are confusing anger and contempt.................

but, since we cannot
see this rumoured, much-promised design by Pinky, because Pinky has posted
it (perhaps) in some place he's being coy about, I will suspend judgement on
the quality of his design.

We haven't actually seen KISS either, have we Jute? Lots of deluded
rantings about sound levels and high-efficiency speakers, but no
actual circuit details

Where is KISS?

However, the rules under which Pinkerton made the design are perfectly clear.
They were set in the challenge by Iain Churches,

Indeed so, and repeated many times by me.

according to guidelines I,
as trophyholder, laid down, and formalized by Patrick Turner in consultation
with John Byrns and other wise men on RAT.

Trophyholder? What frikkin' trophy? You really are a sadly deluded
little sack of ****, are you not?

Is there anyone else, anyone at all, who didn't understand and agree that KISS
means my The KISS Amp, the 300B project I interrupted to give Pinkerton all
the space (that the wretched man didn't give me) to complete his project?

So, where is this fabled KISS amp?

KISS does not mean anything else you want it to mean, Pinkerton.

It doesn't seem to mean anything at all, to date..................

The rules
formalized by Patrick Turner, and correctly stated by him below, were derived
from the principles laid down for The KISS Amp, with wide latitude to allow
you to make something that works; Patrick and John leaned over backwards to
be fair to you; they pressured me into making much larger concessions than
I was inclined to make to loudmouthed, ill-mannered lout like you. If after
that you can't deliver on your promises, that's your problem, and no amount
of vicious bitching at Patrick will save your slack ass from the fire you built
yourself.

Firstly, and repeated once again ad nauseam, no promises were made.
Secondly, KISASS is *my* design, and conforms to no 'rules' set by
tube-centric clowns like Turner. It is a simple SS design with a
fundamentally single-ended transfer function, of less than ten watts
output and with zero global feedback. No more, no less.

It is too late to reject the rules, Pinkerton.

No 'rules' were ever accepted. KISASS stands as it is, and I have no
interest in Turner's opinion on the matter. I never did have any
interest in *your* ravings, of course................

If your design, as and when
we see it, cannot even follow a simple set of contest parameters, what good
are you?

It's not a contest, you dumb prick.

(Is that why Marconi let you go, because you couldn't work within
design parameters?)

Let me go? More typical Jute lies from the biggest and best-known liar
on RAT. I moved to Hughes so that I could work on bigger and better
designs, with more funding! Unlike you, I'm a *real* engineer.

We didn't want you in the first instance. You forced yourself
on us.

Actually, it was your deluded rantings about the design principles
behind KISS that forced me on you. BTW, just where is this mythical
KISS amplifier?

Now either your little design adds to our knowledge and pleasure, according
to rules you freely accepted, or you take it and stuff it where it hurts most.
It is all the same to us: we see your kind come and go all the time.

But please don't whine around our ears about pain you brought on yourself by
your hubris. Self-pity is the least attractive of your character traits.

Ah, that mirror you're gazing into so fondly, is really shiny today,
isn't it Jute? :-)

Ready for more deconstruction of your pathetic rantings? Or are you
going to keep sulking in the corner until everyone has forgotten about
the mythical KISS amp?