Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute

Default Any bright ideas for DIY finishes for aluminium?

Keith G wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
ups.com...

Keith G wrote:

The assemblies in the photos at
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/K...0T68MZ417A.jpg
http://members.lycos.co.uk/fiultra/t39kiss001.jpg

Aha! The 'WE Silvers' eh? :-)

Yeah, that pair of clowns going on about it clearly never built and
debugged a tube amp if they think I'm going to plug in over a thousand
dollars worth of WE 300B while I tune the amp. Even popping a
Silvertone at a 100 bucks (those are killermatched tubes from Koji)
would be unacceptable, so the fact that those are in the amp tells you
it has several hundred hours of blameless operation on the clock, and
the WE are about to migrate from the boxes to the amp.

Those two clowns are also illiterate. It was pretty clear from my
exchange with Sander, a guy who *without being told* knows that if I
have the covers off, I'm not likely to be working on the amp with WE
300B plugged in, that the WE tubes were therefore in the boxes, not on
the amp. Morons (those two PORGs, not Sander who is a Dutchman and thus
by definition very bright) are everywhere, and they get more moronic
with every passing year.

Picture rich though - I *like* that....

Happy to oblige, this once. I'm not so big on comics as you are; I tend
to assume I'm talking to intelligent people who understand plain
English, which admittedly on the usenet is a bit of a gamble.

Apologies for the crossposting, which I know you dislike, but those two
useless twerps Pinkerton and Wieck sprayed their envy over more than
just this conference.

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review

Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tubes
Robert Morein

"Andrew Mccoy" wrote:

Those two clowns blah blah are also illiterate. It was pretty clear from my
exchange with Sander, blah blah a guy who *without being told* knows that if I
have the covers blah blah off, I'm not likely to be working on the amp with WE
300B plugged in, that the WE tubes were therefore in the boxes, not on
the amp. Morons blah blah (those two PORGs, not Sander who is a Dutchman and
by definition blah blah very bright) are everywhere, and they get more moronic
with every blah blah passing year.

"if this clown Pinkerton tries so hard to undermine you, you gotta have
something blah blah in them 300B".

If anyone ever *DID* say this (hard to believe given that Mccoy is a lying
windbag) it just underscores the credibility most have in Stewart Pinkerton.

For Pinkerton's 767 hours devoted to sending 4106 negative messages, he
cannot blah blah show a single positive result.

Sure he can. He got *YOU* to spend at least 767 hours responding with at
least 4106 attackdog responses. Keeping the mentally ill busy with menial
tasks is a laudable achievement. Pinkerton has succeeded in getting
Mccoy/Jute into the electronic equivalent of basketweaving.

Posted to uk.rec.audio,rec.audio.tubes

and the WE are about to migrate from the boxes to the amp.

That would be _IF_ they exist.

On the other hand, I can also make a picture with what would anyone
want? 20 boxes, 30 boxes on my bench of purported WE tubes. Photoshop
will do that.

Mr. McCoy needs discussion points to divert from his general idiocy. A
couple of empty boxes (or virtual boxes) sitting strategically in the
background gives him at least three, possibly four new threads to
start. One might note that the entire issue of the Fake WEs did not
even arise until he made that claim....

Ah, well. No substance to be found in Cork, Ireland.

Silvertone, yet. A (still) Registered Trademark of Sears. Stupidity
compounded.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA