Don

Default OT-dissappearing posts- censorship?

I posted a reply to an article on 4/12/2004. My newsreader has articles going
back to 3/29.
But my article is not there. It was political, and mentioned the Saudi Royal
family. It was just something I quickly wrote off the top of my head, nothing
special. Patrick Turner's one line article, which is older than mine, and to
which I replied, is still there. My more recent article is gone. I know that
if you want to, messages can be cancelled/removed by the original poster, or
anyone that falsely appears to be the author. Are there censor-bots out there
or what? Any ideas? Should I be paranoid about this?

-Don

original post, still on google archives:

In article ,
says...

Patrick Turner wrote:
What was Bush thinking in opening this Pandora's Box of terror? This will
go down in history as the worst foreign policy blunder ever committed.

Oil.

Well, that explains why we're 50% MORE for our gas now.

People who think it was about the oil can't do math. It would have been
far cheaper to keep buying Iraqi oil over the next 20 years then to
depose saddam and occupy Iraq for 2.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Well, Chevron and Exxon aren't paying for the war.

The day-to-day price of oil varies quite abit, and isn't directly related to
Iraq's production. It is high right now because the refineries are switching
from heating oil to gasoline, and OPEC is holding down production, and
Venezula is messed up.
Iraq comes into the picture because it has vast reserves, and Saudi Arabia
is in trouble. The King is almost dead, and when he dies, there may be "big
trouble". The vast majority of Saudis don't like the royal family, and the
money they get from oil. The royal family consists of thousands of sponges
that live off the oil wealth that should be going to the general economy of
the country. The fact is is that the world's oil production may have peaked
already, and this (Iraq) is just a resource war. It is not neccessary for the
USA to steal oil from Iraq, I don't think that this is the goal. But there
must be a stable government friendly to the West to insure a steady supply of
oil. Saudi Arabia can not be counted upon to provide this oil. There needs to
be a supplier that will increase production when supplies are tight, and lower
supplies when there is a glut. It must be held by a cooperative regime. The
reality is that many Chinese and Indians want much more oil than previously
required as their economies become more auto-centric and industrialized. The
amount of oil is finite, and even with more efficient extraction, the reserves
are possibly half used. Google "peak oil" and Hubbert for more info.
-Don