kaczmar2

Default Rectifier tube for Scott 299c

I have a question regarding a rectifier tube for my Scott 299c amp. I
bought this used, and I need a new rectifier tube for it. Does anyone
know a good replacement tube for it, and where I could buy something
like this online?

Thanks for any help you could offer.

Jim McShane

"Jon Yaeger" wrote...

Ruby (Chinese) has a 5AR4 that works OK
so long as the input voltage isn't too high.
I think I bought some for $10-15 not long ago
from Antique Radio Supply.

Hi Jon,

I have the late production Chinese, they are very
good tubes, zero failures so far! I have them for
$8.75 ea is all. No "handling fee" like AES either.

Jim McShane
Need Tubes? Got a H-K Citation (Pre) Amp?
Check http://pages.prodigy.net/jimmcshane
Repro knobs for Citation gear in stock!

Carroll Conklin

You can find 5AR4's on ebay. They are getting very expensive. The newer
Russian version may work for you. you can get these from different tube
dealers.

Carroll
"kaczmar2" wrote in message
om...
I have a question regarding a rectifier tube for my Scott 299c amp. I
bought this used, and I need a new rectifier tube for it. Does anyone
know a good replacement tube for it, and where I could buy something
like this online?

Thanks for any help you could offer.

Jon Yaeger

Ruby (Chinese) has a 5AR4 that works OK so long as the input voltage isn't
too high. I think I bought some for $10-15 not long ago from Antique Radio
Supply.

I've also used solid state replacements, which are available from a variety
of sources.

- Jon