TV, external speakers and a bluetooth headphone

Old June 27th 17, 10:35 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
Alek

Default TV, external speakers and a bluetooth headphone

My son has a TV that he has hooked up a set of external speakers through
the headphone socket on the TV.

Now he would like to add a set of bluetooth headphones and some kind of
switch so that when my d-i-l tells him the TV is too loud, he can easily
switch the sound to the headphones.

The TV has an optical audio socket that is not being used right now.

What do you suggest?
Old July 3rd 17, 12:27 PM posted to rec.audio.tech

On 28/06/2017 9:35 AM, Alek wrote:
> My son has a TV that he has hooked up a set of external speakers through
> the headphone socket on the TV.
>
> Now he would like to add a set of bluetooth headphones and some kind of
> switch so that when my d-i-l tells him the TV is too loud, he can easily
> switch the sound to the headphones.
>
> The TV has an optical audio socket that is not being used right now.
>
> What do you suggest?

An optical spdif to bluetooth adaptor. If they exist. Google is your friend.

Try he
http://bfy.tw/CdPq

Old July 3rd 17, 06:44 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
Alek

geoff wrote on 7/3/2017 7:27 AM:
> On 28/06/2017 9:35 AM, Alek wrote:
>> My son has a TV that he has hooked up a set of external speakers through
>> the headphone socket on the TV.
>>
>> Now he would like to add a set of bluetooth headphones and some kind of
>> switch so that when my d-i-l tells him the TV is too loud, he can easily
>> switch the sound to the headphones.
>>
>> The TV has an optical audio socket that is not being used right now.
>>
>> What do you suggest?
>>

> An optical spdif to bluetooth adaptor. If they exist. Google is your friend.
>
> Try he
> http://bfy.tw/CdPq
>
> geoff

Thanks, Geoff. That was the easy part! :-) What he's looking for is a
way to switch the audio from the external speakers to the Bluetooth (and
vice versa). Do you think that the TV has something built in?
Old July 5th 17, 05:24 PM posted to rec.audio.tech
whosbest54[_3_]

In article >, says...

http://bfy.tw/CdPq

>> geoff
>>

>Thanks, Geoff. That was the easy part! :-) What he's looking for is a
>way to switch the audio from the external speakers to the Bluetooth (and
>vice versa). Do you think that the TV has something built in?

The optical out likley is fixed (unaffected by the TV volume control) and the headphone out likely isn't, so turn the TV volume down or mute it to turn off the speakers.

This will have to be tested first, as some TVs vary.

whosbest54

http://whosbest54.netau.net/rao.htm

http://whosbest54.netau.net/rmb.html

If the pages time out, try whosbest54.netau.net in
a site unblocker proxy like: http://www.site2unblock.com

Any way to get decent external speakers for a Macbook without havingto get an amp, too. [email protected] Audio Opinions 10 March 30th 09 12:43 PM
Bluetooth headphone jeffrey Tech 0 April 8th 07 07:47 AM
Using external speakers with Bose Lifestyle series sound systems Starfire2007 Audio Opinions 2 December 12th 06 07:10 PM
Desktop speakers as headphone amp? toronado455 Pro Audio 13 December 9th 05 12:00 PM
FS: Akai DR16 + Superview/Monitor+ external hard drives (Cheap!)+ 12" guitar speakers + Korg DVP-1; LXP-5; EMP-100 Robert Poss Pro Audio 0 September 26th 03 01:59 AM