Bryan

Default capacitor

I have a 1 farad capacitor I got for free and wanted to use. The only
problem is it didn't come with a charging resitor, and I'm not sure how to
go about charging/discharging the thing. My question is this:

1.) If I went and bought just any 'ole resistor from radio shack could I use
that? If so what resistance would I need?

2.) Capacitors are basicly batteries right? If I charge it, then disconnect
it, then hook it back up do I need to use a resistor to charge it again or
will it hold the charge like a battery?

-- Bryan

sancho

look at: http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq/rac-faq_2.html#SEC22

under the heading: 2.10 Should I install one in my car? If so, how big
should it be, and where do I get one?

"Bryan" wrote in message
om...
I have a 1 farad capacitor I got for free and wanted to use. The only
problem is it didn't come with a charging resitor, and I'm not sure how to
go about charging/discharging the thing. My question is this:

1.) If I went and bought just any 'ole resistor from radio shack could I

use
that? If so what resistance would I need?

2.) Capacitors are basicly batteries right? If I charge it, then

disconnect
it, then hook it back up do I need to use a resistor to charge it again or
will it hold the charge like a battery?

-- Bryan

narcolept

"sancho" tR-003.at.ev1.dot.net wrote in message
look at: http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq/rac-faq_2.html#SEC22

under the heading: 2.10 Should I install one in my car? If so, how big
should it be, and where do I get one?

that's as opposed to 2.10.a, which deals with installing driver's seat
dildos, and refers to the same question..

narcolept
-----
knows the lizman wrote certain sections of the faq.

"Bryan" wrote in message
om...
I have a 1 farad capacitor I got for free and wanted to use. The only
problem is it didn't come with a charging resitor, and I'm not sure how

go about charging/discharging the thing. My question is this:

1.) If I went and bought just any 'ole resistor from radio shack could I

use
that? If so what resistance would I need?

2.) Capacitors are basicly batteries right? If I charge it, then

disconnect
it, then hook it back up do I need to use a resistor to charge it again

or
will it hold the charge like a battery?

-- Bryan

Gmac

The artical states two valid methods both are great I prefer using
test lamp since I have on

-
Gma

Monster Capacitor Alternative Chall70 Car Audio 9 January 9th 04 07:41 PM
Capacitors Nathan Car Audio 34 December 26th 03 10:22 AM
Capacitors Kim Inglar Car Audio 37 November 4th 03 05:54 PM
For Sale...Lightning Audio Capacitor dconder Car Audio 0 October 26th 03 01:50 AM
power capacitor wiring Scott Johnson Car Audio 4 August 15th 03 06:50 PM