Edward Gianni

Default Denon 1804 vs/ HK 225 with Klipsch KSBs

I cannot speak about the Denon, but something you might like about the HK is
Logic 7, originally developed for their high-end Lexicon line I don't have
the AVR225 but do have the AVR525 which is just an upgrade (7 channels and
more power) and listen to all of my two channel material with it. It
presents a very fine enveloping effect without being distracting. I'm
particularly fond of classical music and it does a much better job than the
Theater mode in my AVR25II which I had prior to the 525. It provides a
wonderful sense of space.

Ed

"zsteir" wrote in message
om...
Hi all,

I have a surround speaker system consisting of 4 Klipsch KSB 2.1
(Fronts and Surround) and a KSC-C1 center. I'm considering getting
either a Harmon Kardon AVR-225 or a Denon AVR-1804. Does anyone have
thoughts on this?

Any advice is much appreciated. I've used the HK AVR-20II for many
years with a single pair of KSB 2.1, and liked the sound, but now its
time to try a larger set-up. I will use the system in a medium sized
room, so my primary concern is quality of sound... Any insight?

Many many thanks.
zstier