west

Default Xfr Covers

Dear Rodents,
Does anyone know where I can buy transformer covers in various sizes? An
eBay & Google search comes up with some kind of weird comic character.
Sometimes I can use a vented cage that covers 3 xfrs the entire width of the
back of the chassis. Of course these covers are for cosmetic purposes only.
Thanks in advance.
Cordially,
west

300B

The Hammond 1600 series Push Pull transformers can be bought potted, but not
the SE ones (1627SE, e.g.). I called Hammond and they told me the potted
ones were not big sellers at all. The engineer with whom I spoke was going
to try to locate some cans for me to cover the 1627SE. I am going to alter
the topology of my chasses so that I can put a shield/cover over both
transformers and the choke. There is a metal company here in Houston that
is making my chasses and the rear panels for power conditioners. They have
NC machines that do these things precisely and quickly. HINT: Never order
one of anything. The largest cost is in the set up. I will provide the
company info to anyone who needs it.
Dave

--
David Stanard
Silver Circle Audio
"Jon Yaeger" wrote in message
in article , west at
wrote on 4/4/05 5:32 AM:

Dear Rodents,
Does anyone know where I can buy transformer covers in various sizes? An
eBay & Google search comes up with some kind of weird comic character.
Sometimes I can use a vented cage that covers 3 xfrs the entire width of

the
back of the chassis. Of course these covers are for cosmetic purposes

only.
Thanks in advance.
Cordially,
west

Try Hammond. They have a limited selection.

Jon

Rich Sherman

http://euphoniaaudio.netfirms.com/ea...b694721e4bc5f0

Euphonia is advertising future availability of covers but I am not sure when
they will be available.
Regards,
Rich
"west" wrote in message
.. .
Dear Rodents,
Does anyone know where I can buy transformer covers in various sizes? An
eBay & Google search comes up with some kind of weird comic character.
Sometimes I can use a vented cage that covers 3 xfrs the entire width of

the
back of the chassis. Of course these covers are for cosmetic purposes

only.
Thanks in advance.
Cordially,
west

300B

The engineer at Hammond got back to me and they will pot 1627SE
transformers. Anyone interested, contact me and I will pass along the
contact information.
DS

--
David Stanard
Silver Circle Audio
"west" wrote in message
.. .
Dear Rodents,
Does anyone know where I can buy transformer covers in various sizes? An
eBay & Google search comes up with some kind of weird comic character.
Sometimes I can use a vented cage that covers 3 xfrs the entire width of

the
back of the chassis. Of course these covers are for cosmetic purposes

only.
Thanks in advance.
Cordially,
west

west

Dave,
Thanks for the head's up. If several of us use the place, perhaps we can all
save money collectively. I tried very hard to find such a place in the Tampa
bay area.
west

"300B" wrote in message
[...]

"Jon Yaeger" wrote in message
in article , west at
wrote on 4/4/05 5:32 AM:

Dear Rodents,
Does anyone know where I can buy transformer covers in various sizes?

An
eBay & Google search comes up with some kind of weird comic character.
Sometimes I can use a vented cage that covers 3 xfrs the entire width

of
the
back of the chassis. Of course these covers are for cosmetic purposes

only.
Thanks in advance.
Cordially,
west

Try Hammond. They have a limited selection.

Jon

Dress Covers for Xfrs. west Vacuum Tubes 6 April 13th 04 06:55 PM
Album covers. Al. High End Audio 4 April 6th 04 09:12 PM
FS: Vintage EPI 100V Grill Covers unc80 Marketplace 0 September 2nd 03 09:57 PM
FS: Utah WD-90 speaker drivers & grill covers unc80 Marketplace 0 August 17th 03 11:49 PM
FS: Heathkit W5M tube amp bottom covers TUBELOVER Vacuum Tubes 0 July 14th 03 07:31 AM