John Byrns

Default Easter approaches, whether Stewart Pinkerton?

As Easter approaches I am reminded that back in mid December Stewart
Pinkerton said with respect to his "KISASS" solid state amp, designed to
compete with Andre's "KISS 123" 300B tube amp, that "It's also the case
that the final design is unlikely to be posted before Easter, since this
is not a trivial exercise".

I wonder if Stewart has any progress to report, and what the target date
for a complete report on his "KISASS" design might now be, or if perhaps
he has found that a design within the guidelines is beyond his
capabilities, and he is hoping that we will all forget about his boast?

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at, http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/
Iain M Churches

"John Byrns" wrote in message

As Easter approaches I am reminded that back in mid December Stewart
Pinkerton said with respect to his "KISASS" solid state amp, designed to
compete with Andre's "KISS 123" 300B tube amp, that "It's also the case
that the final design is unlikely to be posted before Easter, since this
is not a trivial exercise".

I wonder if Stewart has any progress to report, and what the target date
for a complete report on his "KISASS" design might now be, or if perhaps
he has found that a design within the guidelines is beyond his
capabilities, and he is hoping that we will all forget about his boast?

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at, http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/

Hello John,

You might also consider posting the above to the NG
to uk.rec.audio where SP is reputed to hold a strong
alpha-male position.

It was I who suggested that Stewart might care to undertake
an SS equivalent to Andre's design, with its own thread,
and be courteous enough to allow Andre to take those of
us who were interested (and there were many)
through his most interesting KISS project without
constant heckling and interruptions.

I am sure that there were many of us who would have
been interested to build both designs for comparison
and evaluation.

At the time, the odds on SP being able to produce a
working SS design were offered at 100:1.
These odds may have lengthened
considerably by now:-)

Cordially,

Iain Churches

Trevor Wilson

"John Byrns" wrote in message

As Easter approaches I am reminded that back in mid December Stewart
Pinkerton said with respect to his "KISASS" solid state amp, designed to
compete with Andre's "KISS 123" 300B tube amp, that "It's also the case
that the final design is unlikely to be posted before Easter, since this
is not a trivial exercise".

I wonder if Stewart has any progress to report, and what the target date
for a complete report on his "KISASS" design might now be, or if perhaps
he has found that a design within the guidelines is beyond his
capabilities, and he is hoping that we will all forget about his boast?

**This is one of the best kit amps on the (Australian) market. Very, very
good performance, with some innovative features and a modest price.

http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_101519/article.html

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Stewart Pinkerton

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:33:38 +0200, "Iain M Churches"
wrote:

"John Byrns" wrote in message

[...]

Damn, nobody told me about that, I could have placed a bet! :-)

At a rough count, this will be my fifteenth working power amp design,
of which only three have used the now-obsolete hollow-state active
devices.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:48:29 +1100, "Trevor Wilson"
wrote:

"John Byrns" wrote in message

As Easter approaches I am reminded that back in mid December Stewart
Pinkerton said with respect to his "KISASS" solid state amp, designed to
compete with Andre's "KISS 123" 300B tube amp, that "It's also the case
that the final design is unlikely to be posted before Easter, since this
is not a trivial exercise".

I wonder if Stewart has any progress to report, and what the target date
for a complete report on his "KISASS" design might now be, or if perhaps
he has found that a design within the guidelines is beyond his
capabilities, and he is hoping that we will all forget about his boast?

**This is one of the best kit amps on the (Australian) market. Very, very
good performance, with some innovative features and a modest price.

http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_101519/article.html

Can't imagine how that would be of interest to anyone here. It's
solid-state, Class AB, and has low distortion............ :-)

Patrick Turner

Iain M Churches wrote:

"John Byrns" wrote in message

[...]

Yes we wait like friends of an expectant man who is pregnant
with ideas.
Let's hope we don't have to perform a craniology to get the child
of his ideas properly born.
But I suggest that if we do that we equip our surgeon with a large jack
hammer,
since pinky's skull does have considerable thickness....

I am not sure Mr Jute cares too much about this simple SS amp,
I recall I came under fire last night about it in a long post about the news
group.
But nothing he said was extraordinarily flamable,
and I never sit at a PC without a flame proof suit on.......

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner

Trevor Wilson wrote:

"John Byrns" wrote in message

As Easter approaches I am reminded that back in mid December Stewart
Pinkerton said with respect to his "KISASS" solid state amp, designed to
compete with Andre's "KISS 123" 300B tube amp, that "It's also the case
that the final design is unlikely to be posted before Easter, since this
is not a trivial exercise".

I wonder if Stewart has any progress to report, and what the target date
for a complete report on his "KISASS" design might now be, or if perhaps
he has found that a design within the guidelines is beyond his
capabilities, and he is hoping that we will all forget about his boast?

**This is one of the best kit amps on the (Australian) market. Very, very
good performance, with some innovative features and a modest price.

http://www.siliconchip.com.au/cms/A_101519/article.html

The challenge to Pinkerton was that he produce a prototype
of an SS amp capable of at least 8 watts with no more than two ( 2 ) silicon
bjts,
and as he originally said, no external loops of NFB.
And I said that means no emitter follower connection either.
I think I even said he could use as much NFB as there is already in the 300B
tube
if he wanted, and still have his design accepted as the work of an honest man.

We wait, and wait....

Patrick Turner.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Iain M Churches

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

The challenge to Pinkerton was that he produce a prototype
of an SS amp capable of at least 8 watts with no more than two ( 2 )
silicon
bjts,
and as he originally said, no external loops of NFB.
And I said that means no emitter follower connection either.
I think I even said he could use as much NFB as there is already in the
300B
tube
if he wanted, and still have his design accepted as the work of an honest
man.

We wait, and wait....

Patrick Turner.

Blessed is he that expecteth nothing....
For he shall not be disappointed.

:-))

iain

cowboy

I think Pinkerton might be happier in the audioFOOL newsgroup called
rec.audio.high-end

it is a MODERATED newsgroup (like the Taliban, you can only post what they
approve, so there is no debate)

there he will find all sorts of audioFOOL silliness to buy into!

such as:

1. SS is better than tubes
2. $1600 speaker cables make a huge difference in sound quality
3. painting your CD's with a green marker makes them sound better
4. an $800 power cord will make your amp sound incredible

etc.

cheers!

cowboy

---------------------
civilians murdered by various right-wing war criminals:

Joseph Stalin ~ 30 million
Adolph Hitler ~ 7 million
George W. Bush ~ 1/4 million
Osama bin Laden ~ 3000
http://semiskimmed.net/bushhitler/bush-hitler1.mov

Stewart Pinkerton

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:03:36 -0500, "cowboy"
cacheoverflow@yahooDOTcom wrote:

I think Pinkerton might be happier in the audioFOOL newsgroup called
rec.audio.high-end

Indeed, I'm one of the more prolific posters.

it is a MODERATED newsgroup (like the Taliban, you can only post what they
approve, so there is no debate)

No, you cretin, it simply enforces *polite* debates, IOW you have to
post something that actually has content, not just invective. Sorry
about that, you wouldn't get much posted, would you?

Indeed, given your childish pouting about r.a.h-e, I'd bet that you've
had a lot of your ravings rejected by the moderators, and you're
stamping your ickle feet here.

there he will find all sorts of audioFOOL silliness to buy into!

No, you find that sort of idiocy much more easily at Audio Asylum

such as:

1. SS is better than tubes

That's a given in *any* audio debate.

2. $1600 speaker cables make a huge difference in sound quality

That's utter idiocy, and I have put a large wad of cash up for anyone
who can prove they hear a difference.

3. painting your CD's with a green marker makes them sound better

More idiocy, and I already posted results of a double-blind test that
showed no difference - as you'd expect. BTW, it was an old regular on
r.a.h-e who *invented* the green pen story - as a joke!

4. an $800 power cord will make your amp sound incredible

See number 2 above.

Basically, you're just showing your ignorance and your stupidity, but
then we're used to that.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:08:24 +1100, Patrick Turner
wrote:

Trevor Wilson wrote:

"John Byrns" wrote in message

[...]

It uses a single BJT for voltage gain, with other devices for
impedance conversion at input and output (kinda like a toob amp with
IPT and OPT). You don't like that? I don't give a damn.

And I said that means no emitter follower connection either.

I know that's what *you* said, but why would I care about that? KISASS
is an essentially single-ended BJT amplifier which uses emitter
followers at input and output, purely as impedance converters - just
as tube amps use the OPT.

I think I even said he could use as much NFB as there is already in the 300B tube
if he wanted, and still have his design accepted as the work of an honest man.

Who cares what *you* think? You don't make the rules in *my* designs,
Turner. KISASS follows the basic design tenets of KISS and should have
similar sonic attributes - for better or worse!

Stewart Pinkerton

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 15:37:39 +0200, "Iain M Churches"
wrote:

Blessed is he that expecteth nothing....
For he shall not be disappointed.

And yet, if he hope for enlightenment from Churches, yet shall he
suffer disappointment,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Stewart Pinkerton

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 06:53:51 +0000 (UTC), Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 11:40:00 -0600, (John Byrns) wrote:

As Easter approaches I am reminded that back in mid December Stewart
Pinkerton said with respect to his "KISASS" solid state amp, designed to
compete with Andre's "KISS 123" 300B tube amp, that "It's also the case
that the final design is unlikely to be posted before Easter, since this
is not a trivial exercise".

I wonder if Stewart has any progress to report, and what the target date
for a complete report on his "KISASS" design might now be, or if perhaps
he has found that a design within the guidelines is beyond his
capabilities, and he is hoping that we will all forget about his boast?

I don't boast, nor do I use inappropriate technologies.

At Sander's suggestion, I posted this design on imageshack.us weeks
ago. Here it is again. BTW, it is *not* intended as any kind of
competition, simply a SS alternative following the same 'minimalist'
design principles of having predominantly SE nonlinearity, minimal
parts count, Class A operation, less than ten watts output, and no
global NFB. If you want an optimum simple SS design of similar output
power, then the original Linsley Hood design is it. Now that *was* a
compettitive design, designed specifically to compete with the
legendary Williamson valve amp.

I'll be happy to discuss the particularities of the design once
everyone's had a look at the circuit.

One obvious missing point is the active device types! In an amp like
this, the power devices do matter, and the three main power devices
are MJL4281A (x2) and MJL4302A. The input device can be any low/medium
power NPN device you like.

John Byrns

In article , Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

[...]

Before we can look at the design, we first will have to find a copy, what
is "imageshack.us", and where do we find it?

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at,
http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/

John Byrns

wrote:

I'll be happy to discuss the particularities of the design once
everyone's had a look at the circuit.

One obvious missing point is the active device types! In an amp like
this, the power devices do matter, and the three main power devices
are MJL4281A (x2) and MJL4302A. The input device can be any low/medium
power NPN device you like.

Actually it's not just the active device types taht are missing, the whole
design is missing!

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at, http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/
Stewart Pinkerton

(John Byrns) wrote:

[...]

Not surprisingly, on
www.imageshack.us

I also posted it in this thread, as a .jpeg. Anyone have any other
suggestions as to where it might be posted, and/or preferred file
formats? I can of course also e-mail it to anyone who's interested.

cowboy

Before we can look at the design, we first will have to find a copy, what
is "imageshack.us", and where do we find it?

Not surprisingly, on www.imageshack.us

I also posted it in this thread, as a .jpeg. Anyone have any other
suggestions as to where it might be posted, and/or preferred file
formats? I can of course also e-mail it to anyone who's interested.

give us the URL link, dumbass, so we can get to it

or post it to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
(where it should have been posted in the first place)

what a BOZO!

Stewart Pinkerton

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 13:29:10 -0500, "cowboy"
cacheoverflow@yahooDOTcom wrote:

Before we can look at the design, we first will have to find a copy, what
is "imageshack.us", and where do we find it?

Not surprisingly, on www.imageshack.us

I also posted it in this thread, as a .jpeg. Anyone have any other
suggestions as to where it might be posted, and/or preferred file
formats? I can of course also e-mail it to anyone who's interested.
--

give us the URL link, dumbass, so we can get to it

Seems to have vanished, but no worries.

or post it to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
(where it should have been posted in the first place)

Done, under subject KISASS, as a bitmap.

what a BOZO!

**** off, clown, imageshack was Sander's suggestion.

Jon Yaeger

Done, under subject KISASS, as a bitmap.

Can you also kindly post it as a single .jpg? It would be a lot easier to
deal with.

TIA

Jon

Ruud Broens

:
: Seems to have vanished, but no worries.
:
: or post it to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
: (where it should have been posted in the first place)
:
: Done, under subject KISASS, as a bitmap.
:
: what a BOZO!
:
: **** off, clown, imageshack was Sander's suggestion.
:
: --
:
: Stewart Pinkerton | Music is Art - Audio is Engineering

...most of these sites keep up the files for a week, max :-)
.....or was that ze intention, lettin' it expire on us ?
;-)
Rudy

robert casey

John Byrns wrote:

As Easter approaches

In any event. I'll be having roast rabbit for Easter dinner.
With a side of fried eggs....

:-)
Ruud Broens

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
: On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:33:38 +0200, "Iain M Churches"
: wrote:
:
:
: At the time, the odds on SP being able to produce a
: working SS design were offered at 100:1.
: These odds may have lengthened
: considerably by now:-)
:
: Damn, nobody told me about that, I could have placed a *bet! :-)

hmm. better do yer betting on that tradin' floor, there! :-)

: At a rough count, this will be my fifteenth *working power amp design,
: of which only three have used the now-obsolete hollow-state active
: devices.
:
: --
so posting a two part sketch* of your design is the same as presenting
a build, tested and commented-on design on RAT? Figures...

: Stewart Pinkerton | Music is Art -
Audio is Engineering - or *dreaming up something, apparently ;-)

aie aie, scotty,
Rudy

Stewart Pinkerton

wrote:

"John Byrns" wrote in message

[...]

It's not physically *possible* to interrupt a newsgroup post, you
puffed-up twit.

I am sure that there were many of us who would have
been interested to build both designs for comparison
and evaluation.

Feel free - should Andre ever post details..............

At the time, the odds on SP being able to produce a
working SS design were offered at 100:1.
These odds may have lengthened
considerably by now:-)

Cordially,

You've never been 'cordial' in your life, you're a classic snide
English smiling backstabber.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 05:45:47 +0100, "Ruud Broens"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
.. .
: On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:33:38 +0200, "Iain M Churches"
: wrote:
:
:
: At the time, the odds on SP being able to produce a
: working SS design were offered at 100:1.
: These odds may have lengthened
: considerably by now:-)
:
: Damn, nobody told me about that, I could have placed a *bet! :-)

hmm. better do yer betting on that tradin' floor, there! :-)

I do - things are going much better these past two years! :-)

: At a rough count, this will be my fifteenth *working power amp design,
: of which only three have used the now-obsolete hollow-state active
: devices.

so posting a two part sketch* of your design is the same as presenting
a build, tested and commented-on design on RAT?

Nope, I already said that this is a fundamentally crippled design, so
why would I waste time building it? I note that you're not demanding
sight of Andre's KISS amp. Double standards, Ruud boy?

Stewart Pinkerton

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:48:30 -0500, Jon Yaeger
wrote:

Done, under subject KISASS, as a bitmap.

Can you also kindly post it as a single .jpg? It would be a lot easier to
deal with.

Done. Interesting, as I thought a .bmp would be more universal. No
problem either way.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 20:49:45 +0100, "Ruud Broens"
wrote:

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
.. .

: give us the URL link, dumbass, so we can get to it
:
: Seems to have vanished, but no worries.
:
: or post it to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
: (where it should have been posted in the first place)
:
: Done, under subject KISASS, as a bitmap.
:
: what a BOZO!
:
: **** off, clown, imageshack was Sander's suggestion.

..most of these sites keep up the files for a week, max :-)
....or was that ze intention, lettin' it expire on us ?

I wasn't aware of that, and unlike you tube guys, I don't need
trickery to defend my designs. Not that KISASS is actually defensible
on performance grounds, of course.....................

Patrick Turner

wrote:

Trevor Wilson wrote:

"John Byrns" wrote in message

[...]

Ha-ha, ho-ho, a stirring I will go,

Patrick Turner.

Ruud Broens

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
: On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 05:45:47 +0100, "Ruud Broens"
: wrote:
:
:
: "Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
: .. .
: : On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:33:38 +0200, "Iain M Churches"
: : wrote:
: :
: :
: : At the time, the odds on SP being able to produce a
: : working SS design were offered at 100:1.
: : These odds may have lengthened
: : considerably by now:-)
: :
: : Damn, nobody told me about that, I could have placed a *bet! :-)
:
: hmm. better do yer betting on that tradin' floor, there! :-)
:
: I do - things are going much better these past two years! :-)

Fine ! That should put you in a generous mood - so where is..KIIJFL
the Keep it invisible just for laughs design ?
:
: : At a rough count, this will be my fifteenth *working power amp design,
: : of which only three have used the now-obsolete hollow-state active
: : devices.
:
: so posting a two part sketch* of your design is the same as presenting
: a build, tested and commented-on design on RAT?
:
: Nope, I already said that this is a fundamentally crippled design, so
: why would I waste time building it?

Google, anyone ? [2004-12-15 22:56:05 PST]
"It's also the case that the final design is unlikely to be posted
before Easter, since this is not a trivial exercise, the holiday
season is upon us, it's only a hobby, and much real-world testing is
required before arses are laid on the line! :-) "

Err, what real-world testing would that be now, Stewart ?
Rudy

: I note that you're not demanding
: sight of Andre's KISS amp. $Double standards, Ruud boy?

$ that's a distinct RAO-trade; in case you're really really wonderin''bout that,
just Google me name, lad :-)
: --
:
: Stewart Pinkerton | Music is Art - Audio is Engineering

Patrick Turner

wrote:

Blessed is he that expecteth nothing....
For he shall not be disappointed.

And yet, if he hope for enlightenment from Churches, yet shall he
suffer disappointment,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Tarry not, away quick to a Church and pray,
'tis the sabbath day hence, and be catching of our Jesus
in a mood where he giveth, not take awayeth....

Patrick Turner.

Ruud Broens

: wrote:
:
: "Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
:
: ..most of these sites keep up the files for a week, max :-)
: ....or was that ze intention, lettin' it expire on us ?
:
: I wasn't aware of that, and unlike you tube guys, I don't need
: trickery to defend my designs. Not that KISASS is actually defensible
: on performance grounds, of course.....................
: --
:
: Stewart Pinkerton | Music is Art - Audio is Engineering

....and here i was, thinking you wanted to present a challenge, what ?

dear o dear,
Rudy

Stewart Pinkerton

: wrote:

[...]

None at all, since it rapidly became obvious that this would be a
waste of time and effort. You can pretty readily predict the
performance from the design and the components, up to 20kHz at least
(and it won't be great!). Above that, the layout does become critical.

Anyone who wants to build it should observe a star earth layout for
best results. One of the main points of this design is that it's
electrically and thermally stable, and should be easy to build and get
working first time.

Ruud Broens

"Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
: On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 05:45:47 +0100, "Ruud Broens"
: wrote:
:
:
: "Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
: .. .
: : On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:33:38 +0200, "Iain M Churches"
: : wrote:
: :
: :
: : At the time, the odds on SP being able to produce a
: : working SS design were offered at 100:1.
: : These odds may have lengthened
: : considerably by now:-)
: :
: : Damn, nobody told me about that, I could have placed a *bet! :-)
:
: hmm. better do yer betting on that tradin' floor, there! :-)
:
: I do - things are going much better these past two years! :-)
: Stewart Pinkerton | Music is Art - Audio is Engineering

Of course, some sure things, safe bets, these last 2 years:
oil contracts and telco's-on-the-rebound

easy money,
Rudy

Ruud Broens

: wrote:
: Err, what real-world testing would that be now, Stewart ?
:
: None at all, since it rapidly became obvious that this would be a
: waste of time and effort. You can pretty readily predict the
: performance from the design and the components, up to 20kHz at least
: (and it won't be great!). Above that, the layout does become critical.
:
: Anyone who wants to build it should observe a star earth layout for
: best results. One of the main points of this design is that it's
: electrically and thermally stable, and should be easy to build and get
: working first time.
: --
:
: Stewart Pinkerton | Music is Art - Audio is Engineering

...it's a start. You could have included the Tr 1 .. 4 part specs in the
righthand lower corner of the .jpg - three times make a right :-)
Some design deliberation, dimensioning may interest builders ?

Rudy

Sander deWaal

Stewart Pinkerton said:

**** off, clown, imageshack was Sander's suggestion.

Yup, after placing the files on Imageshack, it's considered good
practice to post the clickable URL (at the bottom of the page) on the
newsgroup in order for people to actually see them ;-)

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
John Byrns

wrote:

[...]

Interesting, it's not quite what I expected from you though. It looks
like you got a good buy on power supply capacitors! The emitter followers
were always OK with me, and I expected that you would use a push pull
output stage, but I didn't think it would be quite so overt. I accept
your PP output stage as being within the spirit of the competition though,
since the rest of the design is so funky, and you kept the transistor
count within reason. I have to wonder how stable the voltage at the
output node connected to C4 is, with variations temperature and in
transistor beta? Do the values of R2 & R3 have to be adjusted to suit the
actual transistors used? What load impedance is it designed to drive, and
what is the power output and distortion into that load? It would be nice
to know a few of the basic operating parameters such as the voltage at the
collector of Tr3 as well as the static current through Tr2 and Tr3/4.

Designs similar to this were quite popular back in the 1960's, except that
they were usually biased for class AB operation, didn't use so many
capacitors in the power supply, and included an over all negative feedback
loop, which also helped to stabilize the operating point. In fact I have
a stereo version of one down in the basement that I built 38 years ago, I
will have to dust it off and give it a listen. I even made the power
transformer by rewinding the secondary of an existing transformer to give
the voltage I wanted.

I stuck with a true single ended output stage in all the versions of my
KISSASS amplifier, and didn't use any emitter followers, but I did use an
over all negative feedback loop in all three versions, which I felt was
necessary to stabilize the operating point. None of the first three
versions were quite what I wanted, I may have to try another.

Regards,

John Byrns

Surf my web pages at,
http://users.rcn.com/jbyrns/
Chris Hornbeck

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 18:14:43 +0000 (UTC), Stewart Pinkerton
wrote:

Not surprisingly, on www.imageshack.us

I'm way too dumb to be able to work this site. But I'd like
to see the proposed topology.

I also posted it in this thread, as a .jpeg.

Please, everyone, never post binaries to a text newsgroup.
It's a violation of the charter, and terribly rude. Also,
many ISP's will strip anyway. Thanks,

If the .jpg is a reasonable size, would you consider emailing
it to interested folks? If so, include me in.

Thanks,

Chris Hornbeck
Stewart Pinkerton

: wrote:
:
: "Stewart Pinkerton" wrote in message
:
: ..most of these sites keep up the files for a week, max :-)
: ....or was that ze intention, lettin' it expire on us ?
:
: I wasn't aware of that, and unlike you tube guys, I don't need
: trickery to defend my designs. Not that KISASS is actually defensible
: on performance grounds, of course.....................

...and here i was, thinking you wanted to present a challenge, what ?

Never said, and never intended. KISASS is just a way of getting KISS
performance without lethal voltages.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:47:49 +0100, "Ruud Broens"
wrote:

Of course, some sure things, safe bets, these last 2 years:
oil contracts and telco's-on-the-rebound

easy money,

UK (and some European) small companies unit trusts have doubled in the
past two years. Telcos and oil contracts are shakier prospects