Phil Allison

Default Now Pat - answer this !

*** Pat Turner likes to publicly pour scorn on Quad amps and speakers - so
he can big note himself.

Now Pat, answer this:

You make and offer for sale some MIGHTY expensive creations of metal and
glass - allegedly for the amplification of audio signals. More for the
enhancement of your own bank account I say.

Where exactly do you get the idea your pathetic valve anachronisms are
worth $5000 each or more ???

Your 8585 model is supposed to be worth a huge $ 5,500 ?????

What the *** hell *** for ?????

Is is the best sounding 85 wpc amp in the world ??

Has it received the highest praise from audio experts world wide ?

Is it a "state of the art" design in electronic amplification ?

Like HELL it is.

Can you claim that a second hand Quad 405 would *not* easily outperform
it on any bench tests ?

No way you can claim that.

........... Phil

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:34:47 +1100, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

[...]

Yawn.....boring......yawn.........

you wrote this same crap a month ago.

Go to bed and play with Andre......he's waiting for you.

Phil Allison

wrote:

[...]

** Its is still a question that needs answring.

Like the one I asked you.

............ Phil

On Wed, 10 Dec 2003 23:29:02 +1100, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

** Its is still a question that needs answring.

Like the one I asked you.
........... Phil

You will go to your grave never knowing the answer to most of your
questions.

and the reason why has to do with your character.

Nobody answers a jerk.

Alan Rutlidge

"TT" wrote in message
http://www.leoslyrics.com/listlyrics...IW50IXQ9zT0%3D

Hey Terry,

How appropriate I like your sense of humour.
BTW - a great CCR song....they rock!

Cheers,
Alan

TT

"Alan Rutlidge" wrote in
message u...
:
: "TT" wrote in message
: ...
: http://www.leoslyrics.com/listlyrics...IW50IXQ9zT0%3D
:
:
:
: Hey Terry,
:
: How appropriate I like your sense of humour.
: BTW - a great CCR song....they rock!
:
: Cheers,
: Alan
:
Nice to be appreciated :-))

If you like Creedence I recently bought their "Anniversary
Edition" CD of 24 restored and re-mastered songs Great album.
Funny - "Bad Moon Rising" is track 1 ;-)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...roduct-details

BTW My SACD of EJ's GYBR shipped Mon. from Sanity so I should
have it tomorrow. Worn yours out yet?

Regards Terry

Patrick Turner

In a desperate attempt to defame me,
and ruin my business, Phil the Loser
goes on a ****ey little tirade below.

I have run into quite a few ppl who rate the Quad 405 as one of the worst
they have ever had the displeasure to own and swapped them
for something with tubes.
I have repaired a few 405 amps, and the solid state preamps that go with them.
One which had so many faults, I gutted it out and placed my own
100 watt mosfet circuit in with 1/3 of the circuit complexity.
The owner was delighted.

Would the 405 compare to my 8585?
Sure it would if you had cloth ears,
but meanwhile I get a steady stream of folks who find that tubes are better,
and its confirmed after I lend them an amp for a week's trial, ie, if I have
something to
demonstrate, because I need to make stuff as I sell it..

My amps are only marginally more expensive than
the same gear from china, or somewhere cheap.

Meanwhile, the Conrad Johnsons or Jadis, or ARC amps sell for
a much higher price.
And I sure don't charge the price asked for a Krell, or a big Gryphon,
or a Halcro.

I use the same tubes, and the same iron, but the price is less.

I'll never be a millionaire, but trying to get rich from audio amps
isn't why I build them, its because ppl want them, and its satisfying,
and fun to build them, and folks who buy them are very happy.

Meanwhile you continue as the rudest and
most empty headed uni graduate I have ever had the displeasure to know.

Just what do you sell Phil?
You are a real loser nobody, who can't make anything,

so please answer this:-

Why don't you **** off?

Phil Allison wrote:

[...]

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:55:36 +1100, Patrick Turner
wrote:

so please answer this:-

Why don't you **** off?

Phil Allison

Phil can't leave, he's on a recruiting drive from NAMBLA.
Yves Monmagnon

Hi Pat !

There are LEAK's fanatics as well as there are TOYOTA or CITROEN ones.
Why not TURNER's fanatics !
I dont' bother.

My pleasure is to build and listen to my own amps.
If I can sell one, this allows for a budget for a new one, worst or better
than the previous one.
I'm currrently restoring two 405-2, all fuses blown, burned PCB to do not
speak about
the "not so solid" solid states components !!.
(Looks like if user swaps mains and loudspeakers connectors !)
Very annoying job !
When finished, I will listen how that sounds for a while and vaste money in
another tube project !

Happy sunny Xmas !
Cheers, Yves

Phil Allison wrote:

[...]

Choky

quad 405 is a nice amp.
this is Quad story and Quad approach-no more ,no less.
I spend almost every day at least 6 hours listening through 405-II.
I can make better and more singing amp then that,but I respect what is for
respect.
.................................................. ........................
Choky
Prodanovic Aleksandar
YU

"don't use force, "don't use force,
use a larger hammer" use a larger tube
- Choky and IST"
- ZM

Dave@fnq

wrote:

so please answer this:-

Why don't you **** off?

Phil Allison

Phil can't leave, he's on a recruiting drive from NAMBLA.

Maybe this is the page will help with the recruiting?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000008/

Jon Yaeger

Andre - can't you stick to just one sock puppet to make it easier to filter
out your crap?

From: George Orwell
Newsgroups: aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 22:15:36 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Now Pat - answer this !

Now Pat - answer this !
aus.hi-fi,rec.audio.tubes

Jumped-up little wannabe manufacturers often try to attract attention to
themselves by outrageously attacking the products of their betters. This
jumped-up bricklayer Patrick Turner, of the exiguous Turner Audio of Canberra,
really a sort of toaster repair shop with a pretentious netsite, has picked on
Quad. We have already heard his dumb remarks on two of the most respected and
treasured speakers of all time, the Quad ESL and the ESL-63. Those remarks, if
any singular meaning could be extracted from the painfully ungrammatical
verbiage, served merely to persuade the thoughtful that Turner has cloth ears
and a very poor understanding of the basics of audio, starting even with
stereo. That a claque of newsgroups wiseguys yeah-say Turner is no guarantee
of truth. A simple question will suffice to sort them out: do you have the
money to buy a pair of Quad Electrostats?

Now Turneer launches an attack on the Quad 405 II, again one of the most
respected amplifiers of all time. Once again, Turner merely demonstrates his
ignorance. Any kind of a proper designer and manufacturer of amplifiers almost
by definition has connections with the broadcast and recording industries. Any
proper designer and manufacturer of amplifiers, and everyone whose opinion is
worth having on amplifiers, knows that the most common monitor amplifier in
most quality recording and broadcast studios is still the Quad 405 II and its
strictly commercial, broadcast-only siblings.

I also note that Gramophone, whose reviewers listen to music for a living many
hours a day, consider the Quad Electrostatic Loudspeakers and the Quad
amplifiers the most suitable. Whose opinion would you rather have: Gramophone,
with their experience and tradition, or some crude bricklayer making a fast
buck in audio?

Finally, I note that Turner, by his own admission, owns 60 CDs and perhaps 70
playable LPs. Does that sound like the collection of a music lover? That
statistic alone would invalidate Patrick Turners opinion on any hi-fi gear.
That statistic alone should incline any music lover to regard Turners
self-praise of his gear (including vapourware) with the greatest suspicion.
Phil is right about Turner: for Turner audio is a get-rich-quick scheme.
Turner should have stuck to bricklaying.

Turners story is internally and externally logically flawed: he does not love
music, as attested by his meager store of discs, therefore he knows nothing of
sound, therefore his own gear is likely to sound like ****. That fact alone
accounts for his desperate need to make himself sound like a big man by
running down reputable brands.

Andre Jute
PS Yes, besides several pairs of ESL-63 at present, I have had the 57.
Furthermore, as a professional writer on music of over forty years standing,
my backup gear is the reliable, good-sounding Quad 405 II/34 pre combination.
I thus do not speak from ignorance, as Turner does. Nor do I suffer that other
Turner disease, isolation. I have plenty of comparisons right to hand, in
solid state and tube amps, both SE and PP, and in IB, reflex, pipe and horn
speakers.

Phil Allison wrote:

[...]

Phil Allison

wrote in message

Nobody answers a jerk.

** Then nobody answers you.

......... Phil

Patrick Turner

Yves Monmagnon wrote:

Hi Pat !

There are LEAK's fanatics as well as there are TOYOTA or CITROEN ones.
Why not TURNER's fanatics !
I dont' bother.

If I formed a consortium of investors, and a couple of million $$$ were spent on

producing 50 sample amps and a whole lot of promotion,
maybe I get known a little better, like the big names.
Or maybe I go flop, like so many who have tried.

Meanwhile, I consider fanatics of all types to be somewhat dangerous,
( the jewish, christian, islamic, and hindu fanatics have caused a mighty stream
of blood,
that's for sure.)
But if there are 20 Turner Audio enthusiasts, I am quite happy.

My pleasure is to build and listen to my own amps.
If I can sell one, this allows for a budget for a new one, worst or better
than the previous one.
I'm currrently restoring two 405-2, all fuses blown, burned PCB to do not
speak about
the "not so solid" solid states components !!.
(Looks like if user swaps mains and loudspeakers connectors !)
Very annoying job !
When finished, I will listen how that sounds for a while and vaste money in
another tube project !

Working on solid state gear is like cleaning toilets.
But building tube amps is building a palace, or cathedral.

Happy sunny Xmas !

Yes, that time is here again.

Patrick Turner.

Cheers, Yves

Phil Allison

"Patrick Turner"

In a desperate attempt to defame me,....

** What is so defamatory ???

You not being able to answer the question is the only defamation - and
that is your problem.

I have run into quite a few ppl who rate the Quad 405 as one of the worst
they have ever had the displeasure to own and swapped them
for something with tubes.

** So now you libel again Quad by alluding to absent anonymous
perts - what a incorrigible cretin.

Would the 405 compare to my 8585?
Sure it would if you had cloth ears,

** Answer the question I posted - allusions to cloth ears were not
involved.

Meanwhile, the Conrad Johnsons or Jadis, or ARC amps sell for
a much higher price.

** All of which avoids the question.

Meanwhile you continue as the rudest and
most empty headed uni graduate I have ever had the displeasure to know.

** Says a charlatan being outed in public.

Why don't you **** off?

** The truth never ****es off - no mater how much some charlatan
desperately wants it to.

............. Phil

Patrick Turner

Choky wrote:

quad 405 is a nice amp.
this is Quad story and Quad approach-no more ,no less.
I spend almost every day at least 6 hours listening through 405-II.
I can make better and more singing amp then that,but I respect what is for
respect.

Yes, there are folks who claim to replace opamps and do this and that to make
405 "sing"
better. I have never tried.

As I said, I have known ppl who didn't like them.
To myself, they are just another SS amp, but way ahead of its time
when invented, and a testament to clever british ingenuity.
But the jury still is not unaminous with a verdict on how it sounds.

I don't like the specialist Quad connectors; I prefer the standard
RCA inputs, to allow use with most other gear.

Patrick Turner.

Phil Allison

"Patrick Turner"

As I said, I have known ppl who didn't like them.

** I know ppl who say Pat Turner is a ****.

( just using the fool's idiot logic back on him )

To myself, they are just another SS amp,

** A pompous comment about himself - totally self serving as always.

But the jury still is not unaminous with a verdict on how it sounds.

** True of EVERY hi-fi amp ever made.

When the "jury' is made up of audiophools.

I don't like the specialist Quad connectors;

** The 4 pin DIN connector is no Quad specialty.

.......... Phil

Patrick Turner

Quad is not a sacred cow which cannot be criticised.

They have little market share.

Not everyone agrees with their claims about sound quality,
or the pricing structure for the new and improved models,
and most folks thought the old models were too expensive
and pretentious at the time.

The tone of your post is unobjective, emotionally deranged, insane, etc.

Now Andre, answer this, why don't you just **** off ?

Phil Allison wrote:

[...]

Phil Allison

"Patrick Turner"

Quad is not a sacred cow which cannot be criticised.

** No good product deserves to be publicly libelled by a malicious
imbecile.

That is what is going on here.

They have little market share.

** Says somebody with none and massive jealousy.

Not everyone agrees with their claims about sound quality,

** Not everyone agrees that Turner is not a ****.

The tone of your post is unobjective, emotionally deranged, insane, etc.

** ROTFLMAO - Turner has no sanity to judge another's by.

.......... Phil

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:07:47 +1100, "Dave@fnq" .
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

so please answer this:-

Why don't you **** off?

Phil Allison

Phil can't leave, he's on a recruiting drive from NAMBLA.

Maybe this is the page will help with the recruiting?

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000008/

LOL.
and yes I watch South Park .

But the freaky thing is that N.A.M.B.L.A. in it's worst format is
actually a legal entity in the USA..due to some freedom of speech
loophole they found.They actually have advice on their website
(so I've been told by Bill O'Reilly........in his book he devotes an
entire chapter to their evil organisation) about what to do if you're
caught with an 8 year old boy.

paul james

Phil
Quad good perhaps, brillant certainly not. Have you heard Pats amps?????
If not put up or shut up!!!
Its not libell if the statements are true in the context made. If the owners
were happy there werent happy. In the end you listen to the music not the
brand name.

Whether some one is something or not this forum is about Hi fi, you constantl
mix up insults with hi fi. Its your loss, how can all this venting add to the
sharing of enjoyment of hi fi. So we end up with mountains of your constant
vilification.

Please spend more time listening to music rather than ranting. But maybe you
carnt help yourself.

Paul

Phil Allison wrote:

"Patrick Turner"

Quad is not a sacred cow which cannot be criticised.

** No good product deserves to be publicly libelled by a malicious
imbecile.

That is what is going on here.

They have little market share.

** Says somebody with none and massive jealousy.

Not everyone agrees with their claims about sound quality,

** Not everyone agrees that Turner is not a ****.

The tone of your post is unobjective, emotionally deranged, insane, etc.

** ROTFLMAO - Turner has no sanity to judge another's by.

......... Phil

Phil Allison

"paul james"

Quad good perhaps, brillant certainly not.

** You are not competent to make any such pompous judgement.

Whether some one is something or not this forum is about Hi fi, you

constantly
mix up insults with hi fi.

** You are posting mindless abuse - ie your inane and worthless
opinions.

Its your loss, how can all this venting add to the
sharing of enjoyment of hi fi. So we end up with mountains of your

constant
vilification.

** So you are utterly blind to the several others posting ****e to
harass me ???

Please spend more time listening to music rather than ranting.

** This is a public forum - like it or lump it.

There is no need for someone to blend in with bullying arseholes -
like you.

........... Phil

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:40:06 +1100, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

"paul james"

Quad good perhaps, brillant certainly not.

** You are not competent to make any such pompous judgement.

Phil has read his resume.

Whether some one is something or not this forum is about Hi fi, you

constantly
mix up insults with hi fi.

** You are posting mindless abuse - ie your inane and worthless
opinions.

Phil replies to a fact with mindless abuse.

Its your loss, how can all this venting add to the
sharing of enjoyment of hi fi. So we end up with mountains of your

constant
vilification.

** So you are utterly blind to the several others posting ****e to
harass me ???

Phil is a cry baby...yes a big cry baby...

Please spend more time listening to music rather than ranting.

** This is a public forum - like it or lump it.

Phil admits to abuse.

There is no need for someone to blend in with bullying arseholes -
like you.

Phil continues with more abuse.

.......... Phil

Phil Allison

** You never answered my question ??

The one about wringing little girls necks ?

.......... Phil

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:06:42 +1100, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

** You never answered my question ??

The one about wringing little girls necks ?

Phil replies by pretending to be Hannibal Lector.

......... Phil

Phil Allison

Psychoontheloose
"Phil Allison"

** You never answered my question ??

The one about wringing little girls necks ?

Phil replies by pretending to be Hannibal Lector.

** So you actually consume them instead - right?

.......... Phil

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003 11:30:12 +1100, "Phil Allison"
wrote:

Psychoontheloose
"Phil Allison"

** You never answered my question ??

The one about wringing little girls necks ?

Phil replies by pretending to be Hannibal Lector.

** So you actually consume them instead - right?

Right now Phil's desk is rising.

Bob Hedberg

A .45 ACP to the head sounds good to me. The heart is ok, also.

Bob H.

But the freaky thing is that N.A.M.B.L.A. in it's worst format is
actually a legal entity in the USA..due to some freedom of speech
loophole they found.They actually have advice on their website
(so I've been told by Bill O'Reilly........in his book he devotes an
entire chapter to their evil organisation) about what to do if you're
caught with an 8 year old boy.

Bob H.

Just grab that plate in one hand, the chassis in the other,
and FEEL the power of tube audio!!!
(not literally, of course, just kidding. DON'T DO THAT!)
MDHJWH

"Phil Allison" wrote in message u...

** The truth never ****es off - no mater how much some charlatan
desperately wants it to.

Well there you have it people, The 'Truth' = Phil.

M & M AM P31 AJ

paul james

And you are? who made you Pope?

** So you are utterly blind to the several others posting ****e to
harass me ??

Who starts and finishes this its a circular arguement. The more you respond
the less you talk about Hi fi,

** This is a public forum - like it or lump it.
Thats not the point, your just wasting bandwidth.

Phil Allison wrote:

"paul james"

[...]

Phil Allison

"paul james"

** Paul - you only have an IQ of maybe 75.

Go play with the retards on RAO.

............. Phil

EC

Paul, meet Phil... he's completely bonkers and obsessed with Pat. Loads
of RAT's have fun poking-da-troll, yer call of course.

Just another happily disfunctional family is us RATz )

Phil Allison

"EC"

Paul, meet Phil... he's completely bonkers and obsessed with Pat.

** Typical Canute moron - does not know his head from his arse.

Moose shagger - plus RATbag.

.......... Phil

MDHJWH

paul james wrote in message ...
Please spend more time listening to music rather than ranting. But maybe you
carnt help yourself.

Trouble is he listens to music with the HK Soundsticks up his - - - - - - - -.

M & M P31 A M

roughplanet

"MDHJWH" wrote in message
om...

paul james wrote in message

Please spend more time listening to music rather than ranting. But maybe
you carnt help yourself.

Trouble is he listens to music with the HK Soundsticks up

his - - - - - - - -.

Only sex Judy's likely to get, apart from old Mother Palm & her five
daughters.
Wonder if he hangs himself on a coathook whilst he's doing
it.................

ruff

MDHJWH

"Phil Allison" wrote in message . au...
- does not know his head from his arse.

Moose shagger -

It was donkys with aids last week Phil. Where of where is your
subconsious sewer of a 'brain' going to take us next?

Aunt Joan M & M A M P31
Phil Allison

"MDHJWH" wrote in message
om...
"Phil Allison" wrote in message

. au...
- does not know his head from his arse.

Moose shagger -

It was donkys with aids last week Phil.

** Huh ?

Where of where is your subconsious sewer of a 'brain' going to take us

next?

** Moose shagger = Canadian equivalent of NZ sheep shagger - simple.

........ Phil

EC

"Phil Allison" wrote in
u:

"MDHJWH" wrote in message
om...
"Phil Allison" wrote in message

. au...
- does not know his head from his arse.

Moose shagger -

It was donkys with aids last week Phil.

** Huh ?

Where of where is your subconsious sewer of a 'brain' going to take
us

next?

** Moose shagger = Canadian equivalent of NZ sheep shagger -
simple.

........ Phil

.... clearly you've never seen a moose. I reckon I'd stay well clear
of anyone who COULD actually shag one...

Anyrate, our true national critter is the beaver.. sorta ruins the slag
though.
MDHJWH

"roughplanet" wrote in message . au...

Wonder if he hangs himself on a coathook whilst he's doing
No , he wraps himself in alfoil and rolls around on top of a pair of

Quad ELS's with the covers off!
Aunt Joan with J & M & M&M & AM