Richard S. McCown

Patrick wrote:
Conditions are changing real fast for them.
The sabre tooth tiger and mammoths also couldn't survive the changes
after the last ice age,
and became extinct, but that wasn't man's fault, it was nature's way.
Patrick Turner.
---------
Hi Pat,
Yeah, our deer population, and elk herds, have recovered fom the days
when they were natures general-store and were hunted by "everybody'', to
pest levels, like roos. They can support a *healthy* lion population.
But pressure on lions by human population increase without effective
control of the lion population results in pressure from other lions
forcing them into a tragedy waiting to happen.
Our lions live a life more like tigers than African lions, but are not
man-eaters unless we force them to be by emotional immature policy. They
won't be successful beyond one kill by a starving, or all dressed up to
kill with nowhere to go lion, and a bad time will be had by all, man and
lion. You can't have all things.
*Some people* think they want to live closer to the bone, life on the
edge, anarchy and wild things. That's the quickest recipe for every
stick of wood getting burned, every wild thing getting eaten, non-stop
warfare, religious fanaticism, famine and disease.
Hey, I've got some stuff for you,
http://www.irelandoldnews.com/
http://www.celticcousins.net/ireland/index.htm
http://www.local.ie/general/genealog..._archive.shtml