Neil Peters

Default FA: Hickok 539C @ $1,700 A bit overzealous?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

This guy is out of his mind IMHO. I don't care if it's new unused.
Problem is someone is gonna buy it guaranteed, they'll probably be a
bidding war.
west

"Neil Peters" wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

This guy is out of his mind IMHO. I don't care if it's new unused.
Problem is someone is gonna buy it guaranteed, they'll probably be a
bidding war.

Obviously it has been well prepared for display. However, it's suggested by
the seller that it most likely has "issues." What do you think is a fair
price to pay?
Cordially,
west

robert casey

Neil Peters wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

This guy is out of his mind IMHO. I don't care if it's new unused.
Problem is someone is gonna buy it guaranteed, they'll probably be a
bidding war.

If that's what tube testers actually cost, it'd be cheaper
to just buy new tubes even if you think the ones in
your amp are giving you dirty looks..... (unless you
run a repair shop).

west

"robert casey" wrote in message
k.net...
Neil Peters wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

This guy is out of his mind IMHO. I don't care if it's new unused.
Problem is someone is gonna buy it guaranteed, they'll probably be a
bidding war.

If that's what tube testers actually cost, it'd be cheaper
to just buy new tubes even if you think the ones in
your amp are giving you dirty looks..... (unless you
run a repair shop).

Patrick's previous post re he doesn't use a tube tester is starting to look
more plausible. I just read in 2/2001 AudioXpress that a tube tester can
actually damage tubes and doesn't tell the whole story because it's
different than actual circuit conditions.
west

Neil Peters

Patrick's previous post re he doesn't use a tube tester is starting to look
more plausible. I just read in 2/2001 AudioXpress that a tube tester can
actually damage tubes and doesn't tell the whole story because it's
different than actual circuit conditions.
west

My understanding is a conditioned yes but that there are some that do
actually test real world conditions. Sencore Mighty Mite II supposedly
tests at real voltages.
Stephen F. Marsh

I sold a NOS 539C a few years ago for $900 - $1000...can't remember the
exact amount.

On 2/27/05 1:21 AM, in article

, "robert casey"
wrote: