Default Bi-wire speaker connectors/joiners

Just wondering what's the correct name for these gold plated joiners
that connect the bi-wired connectors together. I have a pair of
Mission 753's that I'd like to connect a couple regular speaker wires
to, but I lost these gold plated connectors. I also can't find any
place where I can buy them.

BTW, I am located in Canada.

TIA

wrote in message
Just wondering what's the correct name for these gold plated joiners
that connect the bi-wired connectors together. I have a pair of
Mission 753's that I'd like to connect a couple regular speaker wires
to, but I lost these gold plated connectors. I also can't find any
place where I can buy them.

BTW, I am located in Canada.

They're called shorting straps. In the case of speakers, they usually are
not the standard 3/4" spacing.

If the speaker wire is just ordinary wire, the best solution is to peel back
the insulation until enough wire is exposed to reach from one binding post
to the other. At least that's how I do it.

Norm Strong

Marko

Ok, I got an email from a Mission Distributor in Canada and they no
longer carry these "jumpers". That's what Mission calls them. They
are gold plated "sticks"or posts about 2.5 inches long. There are two
for each speaker.

I want to have a solid connection as I am trying to troubleshoot why my
speakers or amp is crackling and why the speakers are cutting out. The
only option I havent tried was to use the shorting "sticks"as they are
not straps