MarkZimmerman

Default Voice Coils

I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 8s. Right now the voice coil from one of the
midrange drivers is shot. Can it be repaired? John at "van L Speakerworks" is
hoping he can fix it.
Best,

Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago
Geoff Wood

MarkZimmerman wrote:
I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 8s. Right now the voice coil from
one of the midrange drivers is shot. Can it be repaired? John at
"van L Speakerworks" is hoping he can fix it.
Best,

Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago

Voice ciols can be replaced, and in some instances even fixed without
replacement.

geoff

Jerry G.

Look around for speaker rebuilding services. You may find it more feasible
to get in touch with the original manufacture, and order new drivers.

--

Jerry G. GLG Technologies GLG
==========================

"MarkZimmerman" wrote in message
I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 8s. Right now the voice coil from one of
the
midrange drivers is shot. Can it be repaired? John at "van L Speakerworks"
is
hoping he can fix it.
Best,

Mark Allen Zimmerman * Chicago

MarkZimmerman

Look around for speaker rebuilding services. You may find it more feasible
to get in touch with the original manufacture, and order new drivers.

The driver is no longer made. I got the speakers in 1988 and checked Harmons
Catalog of parts. Nothing there. John at
"van L" thinks he can fix it (hopefully)