Posted to rec.audio.car
digital-designs[_7_] digital-designs[_7_] is offline

Default What's the best way to play your iPod in the car?

Here is a good list of some shops that i have used.
http://www.canadiancaraudio.com/link...elinks.php?c=2

--
digital-designs
digital-designs's Profile: http://www.zerohurtz.com/member.php?userid=1

Posted to rec.audio.car
Robert[_4_] Robert[_4_] is offline

On Dec 12, 8:20 am, digital-designs digital-designs.31h...@no-
mx.zerohurtz.com wrote:
Here is a good list of some shops that i have used.http://www.canadiancaraudio.com/link...elinks.php?c=2

--
digital-designs
digital-designs's Profile:http://www.zerohurtz.com/member.php?userid=1
View this thread:http://www.zerohurtz.com/showthread.php?t=55660

I have researched this fairly in-depth. You have two choices in HU for
digital connection. [I would not recommend using the 3.5mm aux jack on
different head units, they suck for sound quality]:
1. Pioneer DEH590IB or higher [http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/
pna/v3/pg/album/compare/0,,2076_310069882,00.html]
2. Alpine iDA-X001 [http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-
en/products/product.php?model=iDA-X001]

I have the pioneer and think it's great. It has massive bang for buck.
You can control your ipod through the HU, so you can hide your ipod in
the center console or glove box. Pioneer has a few other head units
that can hook up ipods, some with limited RCA outputs others that
include bluetooth. I wish I had bought the DEH690-IB for cell phone
integration. Anyway, The DEH-590IB or higher comes with the ipod
cable, have 3 x 4V [high output] preouts for f/r/s. This is great for
future expandibility. And the deck has a good EQ and sound control for
when / if you use amps and subs. The only bad things I can say about
it is you better like blue [not necc bad], and when you hit menu after
selecting a song it doesn't go back to the artist or album menu, it
goes back to the main. If you have 30GB of music, it can get annoying
to select songs. I have given up and just make playlists.

The Alpine unit was my other choice but it was too pricey at the time,
not sure what it goes for now. I would say the programming is a bit
better but don't hold me to that, also it has a color screen which is
nifty.

And of course, if you go with other brands you may have to buy an ipod
interface or apapdter cord that I have seen around the internet for 20
[cable] to 200 [ adapter]. You are better off to get a deck with the
ipod cable included, or at least cheap when you order together.

Cheers,
Robert
Posted to rec.audio.car
DJ NoMore DJ NoMore is offline

mx.zerohurtz.com wrote:
[...]

I just installed an Alpine CDA-9885 in my 2006 Mustang GT, and I must
say it interfaces with my IPOD quite well. Of course, now i am wishing
I had held out for the Pioneer AVIC-Z2 because that is the HU that I
REALLY wanted.... Oh well, maybe in 2008... After all, the Alpine can
be installed in my 1997 Civic EX because it needs a good radio too