Dave Lang

Default Service Manual / Schematic for Yamaha M916?

Hi - anybody have a copy of the service manual or schematic for a
Yamaha M916 mixer kicking around their book shelf / junk drawer?

You can download the owner's manual from the Yamaha site, but there's
only a block diagram in it.

Yamaha doesn't stock the service manual anymore and the company they
sent their stock to is sold out.

thanks for any help,

dave lang
www.davelang.com
Paul Thomas

Dave Lang wrote:
Hi - anybody have a copy of the service manual or schematic for a
Yamaha M916 mixer kicking around their book shelf / junk drawer?

You can download the owner's manual from the Yamaha site, but there's
only a block diagram in it.

Yamaha doesn't stock the service manual anymore and the company they
sent their stock to is sold out.

thanks for any help,

dave lang
www.davelang.com

Dave,
I have one somewhere. I'll look tonight when I get home from work. I've
got schematics for most of the early to mid eighties Yamaha mixers
(M-512, M1516, M916, etc.) and they all have several 11"x17" schematics
and complete parts lists. I also have a small M512 that's in several
peices in case you need some spare parts. Copies of the schematics
would cost a few bucks since I don't have a scanner and can't email
them to you.
-Paul

Dave Lang

I've got schematics for most of the early to mid eighties Yamaha mixers
(M-512, M1516, M916, etc.) and they all have several 11"x17" schematics
and complete parts lists. I also have a small M512 that's in several
peices in case you need some spare parts. Copies of the schematics
would cost a few bucks since I don't have a scanner and can't email
them to you.

Thanks! Let me know if you find the service manual or schematics. I'm
willing to pay a few bucks for them. Sounds fair.

I bought a few M1516 strips from ebay for pretty cheap just to get
extra faders / knobs, so I better pass on the M512 parts or I'll be in
the doghouse.

If anyone else is interested in the M916, I've started a web page to
keep track of any info I find.

www.davelang.com/m916

Paul Thomas

Dave Lang wrote:
Thanks! Let me know if you find the service manual or schematics. I'm
willing to pay a few bucks for them. Sounds fair.

I bought a few M1516 strips from ebay for pretty cheap just to get
extra faders / knobs, so I better pass on the M512 parts or I'll be

in
the doghouse.

If anyone else is interested in the M916, I've started a web page to
keep track of any info I find.

www.davelang.com/m916

Dave,
If you search the Google archives you'll find various things about
those mixers that I've mentioned in past discussions. The biggest
problem with trying to mod that series of boards is that they used an
unusual Toshiba 7-pin SIP for the majority of the circuits. I consulted
Jim Williams about 2 years ago and he didn't know of anything in that
configuration that would be worth messing with. But the
M-1516/M-1524/M-1532* does have a discrete op-amp for the mic pre that
can be swapped for a Hardy-990/API-2520/Millenia-M99/Forsell-M99-II.
The transformers can be swapped out as well but that's getting into
even more expensive territory. Check around on the Tape Op message
board because I know there was someone in Chicago that bought a M916
and absolutely loved it. I think he had some mod's planned as well.
I just got my M-1516 out of storage last month and plan on going a
liitle bit nuts with it this summer. I'l keep you posted on that. In
the meantime, I'll dig up that schematic in a few hours and get back to
you.
-Paul
*The M1516 and M1532 also had an "A" version which meant they contained
modular channel strips. Any M1524 that exists is just a short-loaded
M1532 with 8 blank panles on the last channel spaces. I own a regular
M1516 that opens up like the hood of a car, like my M-916 does (I don't
even know if my M916 works. I bought it via Craigslist last summer for
$75 but it's been sitting in the garage collecting dust and spider
webs).

david morley

I know they have the owners manual online here. Maybe it has schematics
included...
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/index.php