Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Revolvr

Default Oscilloscope for Tube circuit analysis?

I am looking to get an oscilloscope to do tube preamp/amp circuit repair,
analysis and design, and for learning. Price IS an object so I am looking at
a minimum price option.

I am a bit of a newbie here, but I think I need dual trace, about 100 MHz
max, analog scope is OK. Hobbyist level scopes are OK.

Couple things I've looked at are Tektronix 2235 or 465b which seem to be
well regarded. These can be had on eBay for around $300 typically.

Any other recommendations?

I have also looked at a couple of PC based software scopes that work with
the soundcard inputs and outputs. A couple that look promising are
AudioTester at

http://www.audiotester.de/

And TrueRTA at

http://www.trueaudio.com/rta_abt1.htm

Seems to me though that I stand a high chance of blowing out my soundcard by
connecting to a signal with a DC bias or an amplifier AC signal voltage
higher than a line level input would provide. Has anyone actually used
either of these???

Thanks,

-- Rev