Posted to rec.audio.car
svon370 svon370 is offline

Default alpine 7909 and 5959

I have an alpine 7909 deck and a 5959 cd changer. I was just wondering
if anyone had
any idea what this pair would be worth these days.

Thanks in Advance
Shawn

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

"svon370" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have an alpine 7909 deck and a 5959 cd changer. I was just wondering
if anyone had
any idea what this pair would be worth these days.

Thanks in Advance
Shawn

A lot. The 7909 is considered by MANY Audiophiles as the very best head
unit ever made. Certainly the best HU ever made by Alpine. It was the very
first HU on the market to introduce 4 volt pre-outs (as well as many other
"firsts") and for many, many years was considered de-rigour by all serious
IASCA competitors.

If there is ANY HU out there that might be considered a "collectors item",
the 7909 IS CERTAINLY it! It is TRULY a legend in car audio circles,
especially to us old-timers.

They almost NEVER pop up for sale so I'm afraid I can't give you an
estimate, but I certainly wouldn't think less than $300-$500 (maybe MUCH
more).

MOSFET