dig dug

Default mmats vs. diamond audio vs. ?

I'm considering 5.25" component set for a 99 bmw m coupe front, rear
coaxials and a single 10" sub.
visited a few shops, one recommended diamond audio, another recommended
mmats, another recommended boston acoustics pro.
i have never heard of some of the newer brands like diamond audio and mmats
so really dont know anything about them.
what i originally had my mind set on was a/d/s for everything but shopping
around i'm seeing some other choices.
do any of you have any experience with these newer brands?
thanks

Brandon Buckner

They've both been around for a while. MMats was mainly SPL subs, but
have branched out. Diamond is some pretty nice stuff. But listen to them
all and go with what sounds best to you.

Brandonb

dig dug wrote:

I'm considering 5.25" component set for a 99 bmw m coupe front, rear
coaxials and a single 10" sub.
visited a few shops, one recommended diamond audio, another recommended
mmats, another recommended boston acoustics pro.
i have never heard of some of the newer brands like diamond audio and mmats
so really dont know anything about them.
what i originally had my mind set on was a/d/s for everything but shopping
around i'm seeing some other choices.
do any of you have any experience with these newer brands?
thanks

Tony Fernandes

I've had 5.25 component sets for both Boston Pro and Diamond Audio. Both
their high-end models. The Bostons were a little bright for me. The
Diamonds were very nice...no complaints. I've since settled on Dynaudio
and, not surprisingly, they are my favorite by far. On the other hand,
a/d/s makes some fine speakers as well...if I remember correctly, a/d/s
makes several lines of speakers, from bargain sets that sound good but don't
cost a ton, to extremely expensive sets that are meant for people that can
tell the difference.

I agree with Brandon, listen to and choose whatever sounds best to you.

If I had to choose strictly from what you mentioned, I would get the Diamond
HEX with the silk tweeters, but my tastes are undoubtedly different from
yours.

Tony

--

What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or, that

AUDIO FILE EDIT: HELP PLS! DL General 2 February 21st 04 11:05 PM
Audio Source vs. Cambridge Audio vs. NAD vs. Adcom Mark General 8 August 5th 03 07:39 PM
-Ultimate Audio Reviews Online- Steven R. Rochlin General 0 August 5th 03 05:21 PM
fix audio files [email protected] General 1 July 15th 03 05:44 PM
gps install: how to mix its audio (voice prompting) with head unit audio-out? bryan Car Audio 0 July 3rd 03 05:46 PM