Pat

Default Miata Door Speakers

The 6.5" OEM Miata speakers blew. I didn't want to drill holes. I opted for
the 5.25" Pioneer TS-G1347 because of the special bracket that made
installation easy. Big mistake!

http://makeashorterlink.com/?X2EB251F5

I am not pleased. They sound ok, but no power, no ooomph, Even the OEM
speakers seemed much better!

What would be a good option for a 6.5" that has plenty of holes around the
rim to make installing simple? I want it to have good bass and better than
OEM mid range and highs, for a speaker that is placed so low in the door.

Also, is coaxial still the way to go?

DJ TecThreat

What would be a good option for a 6.5" that has plenty of holes around the
rim to make installing simple? I want it to have good bass and better than
OEM mid range and highs, for a speaker that is placed so low in the door.

My infinities have many screw holes.

Also, is coaxial still the way to go?

No, not really.. mostly everyone now goes in the direction of Component
systems.. They sound much better but mostly require more power.

I recommend....

Infinity Reference 6000cs

http://tinyurl.com/o0n3

DJ TecThreat