JoeSkrote

Default Sensible remote for Alpine front end?

I'm looking for a small, wheel-mountable replacement for the ridiculous
handheld remote that came with my new Alpine front end. I guess it's ok
if you have a passenger, a chauffeur or live in an RV, but how Alpine
expects people to steer, shift, use their cell phones and operate a
hand sized remote is beyond me. What I'd like is a small learning
remote that I could velcro to my steering wheel. My old Kenwood MP3
unit had an optional remote about the size of quarter that worked
perfectly as long as you weren't turning the wheel. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any help.

Sean Scott

"JoeSkrote" wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking for a small, wheel-mountable replacement for the ridiculous
handheld remote that came with my new Alpine front end. I guess it's ok
if you have a passenger, a chauffeur or live in an RV, but how Alpine
expects people to steer, shift, use their cell phones and operate a
hand sized remote is beyond me. What I'd like is a small learning
remote that I could velcro to my steering wheel. My old Kenwood MP3
unit had an optional remote about the size of quarter that worked
perfectly as long as you weren't turning the wheel. Any suggestions?
Thanks for any help.

I never use the remotes in my car but the radios in all of my cars has been
within arms reach of the drivers seat. I don't think I have ever heard of a
learning remote for a car. You may have to return the HU and look for a
different HU that comes with the remote you are looking for.