Ken Kantor

Default Audio Research Position Available.

Audio Research Position Available.

I'm looking for an Audio Research Assistant to help support a diverse
range of technical projects that fall outside of the scope of
Tymphany's normal engineering activities. Tymphany (www.tymphany.com)
is a well-funded and high-energy startup developing exciting new
transducer technologies for consumer and professional audio
applications. We are located in Cupertino, CA, in the heart of Silicon
Valley.

The ideal Assistant candidate would be a recent engineering graduate
with a deep understanding of loudspeaker technology, a professional
dedication to audio, and the willingness to learn and work in a high
power environment of engineering and scientific excellence.

If you love speakers, sound and music, and can be a disciplined and
creative problem solver, this could be a dream job, with competitive
salary and a full benefits package. If you are interested, please
email your resume and as much supporting information as you can share.
If appropriate, we will speak by phone, and perhaps arrange a visit to
our facility to meet the team.

Sincerely,

Ken Kantor
CTO

www.tymphany.com
Bob Cain

Ken Kantor wrote:

The ideal Assistant candidate would be a recent engineering graduate
with a deep understanding of loudspeaker technology, a professional
dedication to audio, and the willingness to learn and work in a high
power environment of engineering and scientific excellence.

Does that mean that if you have "a deep understanding of
loudspeaker technology, a professional dedication to audio,
and the willingness to learn and work in a high power
environment of engineering and scientific excellence" but
are 59 that you shouldn't bother to apply?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Carl Valle

"Bob Cain" wrote in message

Ken Kantor wrote:

The ideal Assistant candidate would be a recent engineering graduate
with a deep understanding of loudspeaker technology, a professional
dedication to audio, and the willingness to learn and work in a high
power environment of engineering and scientific excellence.

Does that mean that if you have "a deep understanding of
loudspeaker technology, a professional dedication to audio,
and the willingness to learn and work in a high power
environment of engineering and scientific excellence" but
are 59 that you shouldn't bother to apply?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

I just got my degree and I'm 52?
Carl

Randy Yates

"Carl Valle" writes:

"Bob Cain" wrote in message

Ken Kantor wrote:

The ideal Assistant candidate would be a recent engineering graduate
with a deep understanding of loudspeaker technology, a professional
dedication to audio, and the willingness to learn and work in a high
power environment of engineering and scientific excellence.

Does that mean that if you have "a deep understanding of
loudspeaker technology, a professional dedication to audio,
and the willingness to learn and work in a high power
environment of engineering and scientific excellence" but
are 59 that you shouldn't bother to apply?

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

I just got my degree and I'm 52?
Carl

Good deal, Carl. I'm 47 and working on my MSEE. The game is over
when you stop learning.
--
Randy Yates
Sony Ericsson Mobile Communications
Carl Valle

"Randy Yates" wrote in message
"Carl Valle" writes:

"Bob Cain" wrote in message

Ken Kantor wrote:

[...]

I'm not that inspired LOL i have
A Business AS
A Psych BA
And a MBA
all these just to work a a Electric Utility :[
I am working on a Psych MS right now with a hope (fear) of a Psych Research
PhD before I die.
or at least a candidate LOL...
I just like the kids at school actually, keeps me thinking
Good Luck
Carl

Scott Dorsey

Randy Yates wrote:

Good deal, Carl. I'm 47 and working on my MSEE. The game is over
when you stop learning.

Yeah, but the more I learn, the less I really understand.

Ken Kantor

Please apply, Bob! And, notice there are several other job openings
listed at www.tymphany.com. The particular position I posted about
here just happens to be an opportunity for a newbie who wants to get
into the business, and these are not that common.

-k

Bob Cain wrote in message ...

Does that mean that if you have "a deep understanding of
loudspeaker technology, a professional dedication to audio,
and the willingness to learn and work in a high power
environment of engineering and scientific excellence" but
are 59 that you shouldn't bother to apply?

Bob

Goofball_star_dot_etal

On 22 Sep 2004 14:54:11 -0700, (Ken Kantor) wrote:

Please apply, Bob! And, notice there are several other job openings
listed at
www.tymphany.com. The particular position I posted about
here just happens to be an opportunity for a newbie who wants to get
into the business, and these are not that common.

If he can convince you that there can be no doppler distortion in a
tube while he has a red hot poker shoved up his arse, give him the
job.
http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/o021.htm

0

Bob Cain wrote in message ...

Does that mean that if you have "a deep understanding of
loudspeaker technology, a professional dedication to audio,
and the willingness to learn and work in a high power
environment of engineering and scientific excellence" but
are 59 that you shouldn't bother to apply?

Bob

Bob Cain

Ken Kantor wrote:

Please apply, Bob!

First I'd like to appologize for being so snarky. Born of
frustration.

And, notice there are several other job openings
listed at www.tymphany.com. The particular position I posted about
here just happens to be an opportunity for a newbie who wants to get
into the business, and these are not that common.

Thanks, Ken, I'll give it a look.

Would finding the real solution (with help) to an exact
formulation of speaker "Doppler distortion" help to qualify?
:-)

Announcement soon for those who followed that bizzare squabble.

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein
Bob Cain

Goofball_star_dot_etal wrote:

If he can convince you that there can be no doppler distortion in a
tube while he has a red hot poker shoved up his arse, give him the
job.
http://www.lectlaw.com/def2/o021.htm

He he. The ordeal is almost over and it has not been at all
unlike having said poker in said contact. :-)

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Stewart Pinkerton

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 03:09:57 GMT, Randy Yates wrote:

(Scott Dorsey) writes:

Randy Yates wrote:

Good deal, Carl. I'm 47 and working on my MSEE. The game is over
when you stop learning.

Yeah, but the more I learn, the less I really understand.

I hate it when that happens...

It's always sad when you have to work with someone who is clearly
educated far beyond his ability to comprehend!

Bob Cain

Ken Kantor wrote:

Only if said Doppler Distortion was measured from the 5th floor window
of a ten storey building, as the speakers flew past.

Let's see. It would be accelerating, so... :-)

Bob

simpler."

A. Einstein

Ken Kantor

Many thanks to all that applied for this position. We will do our
best to contact everyone over the next week, or so.

Ken Kantor
CTO

www.tymphany.com