Bill Blevins

Default Harman Kardon AVR 65 shuts off...why??

I just cranked up my Harman Kardon AVR 65 after about 6 months of non use.
It has always worked great for me up untill now. Now It powers up fine
thedisplay and all functions work but as soon as a signal reaches one of the
inputs whether it be analog, coax, or optical my baby immediatly shuts down.
Within a second. Every single time. What do you think is up with that?

Clearly there is some internal overload circuit that is triggering this in
order to protect the other circuits. could there be a fuse I could look for?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mark D. Zacharias

"Bill Blevins" wrote in message
I just cranked up my Harman Kardon AVR 65 after about 6 months of non use.
It has always worked great for me up untill now. Now It powers up fine
thedisplay and all functions work but as soon as a signal reaches one of
the
inputs whether it be analog, coax, or optical my baby immediatly shuts
down.
Within a second. Every single time. What do you think is up with that?

Clearly there is some internal overload circuit that is triggering this in
order to protect the other circuits. could there be a fuse I could look
for?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Unlikely it's a fuse. More likely a DC offset somewhere, or a current
overload such as a blown channel. Time to get it to a repair shop.

Mark Z.