Jon

Default Car audio mute leads ??

Hi all,
Im new to this group so hope I arent asking an already asked question,
or got in the wrong group...

I have a Sony 7900R Mini-Disc unit and want to connect the mute lead
to my Nokia Phone Car kit.

The car kit has a single mute lead (+12V during no call, 0V during a
call).

Can I simply connect this yellow Nokia mute lead to the lead on the
Sony - The manual says it has a "Telephone ATT Lead"? Any ideas which
pin it is?

Once mute lead is connected what does it do? Im hoping it will stop
the MD playing as I already have a mute lead that sits in the speaker
wiring loom to mute the stereo during a call.

Thanks
Jon
joe.ker

The ATT (mute) lead on the Sony should be a light blue. It is the 4th pin
from the right on the bottom row (next to the gray/black). it will not stop
the MD from playing . It will only mute the sound with incoming call. The MD
will continue playing without sound till call ends.You can connect the Att
wire directly to the Mute wire on the phone kit.

"Jon" wrote in message
Hi all,
Im new to this group so hope I arent asking an already asked question,
or got in the wrong group...

I have a Sony 7900R Mini-Disc unit and want to connect the mute lead
to my Nokia Phone Car kit.

The car kit has a single mute lead (+12V during no call, 0V during a
call).

Can I simply connect this yellow Nokia mute lead to the lead on the
Sony - The manual says it has a "Telephone ATT Lead"? Any ideas which
pin it is?

Once mute lead is connected what does it do? Im hoping it will stop
the MD playing as I already have a mute lead that sits in the speaker
wiring loom to mute the stereo during a call.

Thanks
Jon

Jon

Thanks very much.

It sounds like my mute lead performs the same function, hence there is
no need to connect the wire. Definately worth knowing though.

Thanks again,
jon

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:34:20 GMT, "joe.ker"
wrote:

The ATT (mute) lead on the Sony should be a light blue. It is the 4th pin
from the right on the bottom row (next to the gray/black). it will not stop
the MD from playing . It will only mute the sound with incoming call. The MD
will continue playing without sound till call ends.You can connect the Att
wire directly to the Mute wire on the phone kit.

.. .