Hev

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message
news:znr1110388809k@trad...

What if you haven't heard about a record label or
band site? You could stumble upon it on the p2p network.

Are you more likely to stumble across something on a P2P network than
on a well organized web site that's taken the steps necessary to get
listed in search engines under enough key words so that you don't have
to stumble across it but can be led to it with a directed search?

If things were organzied by genre it could lead to great "word of mouth"
between users.

Ain't hard at all. Give it a whirl sometime.

Not for ten bucks.

$10 for 800,000 songs? *scratches head*

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me he

Hev

"George Gleason" wrote in message

they need to change their attitude from stealing is MY RIGHT to stealing
is wrong

Just like you need to change your mind about copyright laws in the modern
era? It isn't as black & white as you make it.

the "fat" you cutting is artists income and the profits that drive artists
development
without the profits(music being worth what you pay for it, nothing) the
artists need to find other jobs resulting in just crappy bedroom ******s
churning out pure ****

I'll take that over the "created" artists we have now any day of the week.

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me he
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com

George Gleason

Hev wrote:
"George Gleason" wrote in message

they need to change their attitude from stealing is MY RIGHT to stealing
is wrong

Just like you need to change your mind about copyright laws in the modern
era? It isn't as black & white as you make it.

stealing is stealing it is simply that black and white

the "fat" you cutting is artists income and the profits that drive artists
development
without the profits(music being worth what you pay for it, nothing) the
artists need to find other jobs resulting in just crappy bedroom ******s
churning out pure ****

I'll take that over the "created" artists we have now any day of the week.

you have much too narrow feild of view if that is all you see as music
check out railroad earth, old and in the grey, Boiled in lead, Old Blind
Dogs,modest mouse, Pyschadelic breakfast,Cletus and the Barn Burners,The
Hickory project plus thousands of others

Hev

Hev wrote:
"George Gleason" wrote in message

they need to change their attitude from stealing is MY RIGHT to stealing
is wrong

Just like you need to change your mind about copyright laws in the modern
era? It isn't as black & white as you make it.

stealing is stealing it is simply that black and white

Yup. You are right. Throw them all in jail and lets get on with selling CD's
just like before.

you have much too narrow feild of view if that is all you see as music
check out railroad earth, old and in the grey, Boiled in lead, Old Blind
Dogs,modest mouse, Pyschadelic breakfast,Cletus and the Barn Burners,The
Hickory project plus thousands of others

I like Modest Mouse a little...

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me he
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com

George Gleason

Hev wrote:

"George Gleason" wrote in message

they need to change their attitude from stealing is MY RIGHT to stealing
is wrong

Just like you need to change your mind about copyright laws in the modern
era? It isn't as black & white as you make it.

stealing is stealing it is simply that black and white

Yup. You are right. Throw them all in jail and lets get on with selling CD's
just like before.

I really don't have a problem jailing thieves

you have much too narrow feild of view if that is all you see as music
check out railroad earth, old and in the grey, Boiled in lead, Old Blind
Dogs,modest mouse, Pyschadelic breakfast,Cletus and the Barn Burners,The
Hickory project plus thousands of others

I like Modest Mouse a little...

like I said open your musical visions
Firfot, Brave new world,Piere bensusan,wendy carlos,
I am proly at a advantgae doing live shows 2-5 imes a week
I get to see LOTS of music
my favorite is traditional hindu sarod/tabla or sitar /tabla

in june I will be working with 3 grammy awarded Polka acts

Hev

"George Gleason" wrote in message

in june I will be working with 3 grammy awarded Polka acts

Wow. I don't know if I could handle that.

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me he
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com

George Gleason

Hev wrote:
"George Gleason" wrote in message

in june I will be working with 3 grammy awarded Polka acts

Wow. I don't know if I could handle that.

didn't think you could
they don't give grammys out for best version of "she's too fat polka"
loveing music is more than bitching about top 40 acts
end of the month I have caribean rap/reagga
David Grisman in July

I am truly thrilled to make my liveing producing live events
Hev

Hev wrote:
"George Gleason" wrote in message

in june I will be working with 3 grammy awarded Polka acts

Wow. I don't know if I could handle that.

didn't think you could
they don't give grammys out for best version of "she's too fat polka"
loveing music is more than bitching about top 40 acts
end of the month I have caribean rap/reagga
David Grisman in July

I am truly thrilled to make my liveing producing live events

Yeah, I enjoy the studio more than live events.
That is great that you can make a living doing it! It is important to love
your work.

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me he
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com

play on

On Thu, 10 Mar 2005 01:21:17 GMT, George Gleason
wrote:

in june I will be working with 3 grammy awarded Polka acts

Some people have all the luck.

Al
Hev

"Troy" wrote in message
You love your panties?????

Who doesn't love panties? But I do love audio more...

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me he
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com

hank alrich

Hev wrote:

$10 for 800,000 songs? *scratches head*

You do the math, and figure out how the songwriters are supposed to get
fed. Not that you care.

--
ha

Hev

"hank alrich" wrote in message
Hev wrote:

$10 for 800,000 songs? *scratches head*

You do the math, and figure out how the songwriters are supposed to get
fed. Not that you care.

Stopped maturing at 12 I see. Not that you care.

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me he
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com

Troy

How would you feel if a bunch of girly men put panty stores next to your
panty store and gave their panties away free????

I bet you woulden't like it....It would put you out of business.

Same thing down loading music......if people are not paying for the product
then the company goes out of business.

For someone who owns 2 retail panty shops you shure don't get the math.

Lets try it a different way (in terms you may understand)......if you had 10
pairs of panties and sold 1 pair but there wereonly 2 pairs left on the rack
how many panties were stolen????

Hev wrote in message

"Troy" wrote in message
You love your panties?????

Who doesn't love panties? But I do love audio more...

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me he
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"George Gleason" wrote in message...

in june I will be working with 3 grammy awarded Polka acts

I just did Brave Combo for about the 30th time last weekend.... they're
from the neighborhood and took another one this year.

DM

Hev

"Troy" wrote in message
How would you feel if a bunch of girly men put panty stores next to your
panty store and gave their panties away free????

I bet you woulden't like it....It would put you out of business.

Actually a dollar store opened next door and they sold g-strings. But we had
the quality...

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me he
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com

Lorin David Schultz

"Kurt Albershardt" wrote:

Notice that the original proposal was for "some disc format that
PC's don't easily play."

Then you **** off guys like me. I paid for the rights to it, where and
how I listen to it is none of anyone else's business. The courts have
also said it's reasonable for me to duplicate it in certain ways
according to certain conditions. The PC is an integral part of that
LEGITIMATE process.

Besides, computers really are a durn convenient way to enjoy music.
Since I got iTunes, an Airport Express and an iPod, the only use my CDs
see is filling up hard drives.

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)

George Gleason

Mike Rivers wrote:
In article writes:

they don't give grammys out for best version of "she's too fat polka"
loveing music is more than bitching about top 40 acts

I wonder if that's one of the 800,000 songs available from Rhapsody?

I do live sound for the syracuse Polish festival
www.polishscholarshipfund.com (I think) possibly delete "Fund"
we get about 40,000 folks over the 3 days
before I knew anything about polish music I asked Polka Richie to play
the "beer barrel polka" for me and was soundly lectured on the fact that
was a german song and polish bands "don't" play german songs
LOL

Kurt Albershardt

Lorin David Schultz wrote:
"Kurt Albershardt" wrote:

Notice that the original proposal was for "some disc format that
PC's don't easily play."

Then you **** off guys like me. I paid for the rights to it, where and
how I listen to it is none of anyone else's business. The courts have
also said it's reasonable for me to duplicate it in certain ways
according to certain conditions. The PC is an integral part of that
LEGITIMATE process.

I'm not opining as to the worthiness of SACD--merely pointing out that
it already meets the requirements given.

hank alrich

Hev wrote:

Theivery is somehow mature in your so-called mind. Good luck with your
bull****; don't expect others to let it pass for thinking.

Adios.

--
ha
hev

"hank alrich" wrote in message
.. .
Hev wrote:

Theivery is somehow mature in your so-called mind.

Mature? It is a reality the industry has to face...
immature would be to just call them all thieves without adapting.

--
-hev
remove "your opinion" to find me:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14089013

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"hev" wrote in message...

immature would be to just call them all thieves without adapting.

Immature would be saying that others must 'adapt' to breaking the law.

hev

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message

"hev" wrote in message...

immature would be to just call them all thieves without adapting.

Immature would be saying that others must 'adapt' to breaking the law.

I guess you are still for prohibition then?

--
-hev
remove "your opinion" to find me:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14089013

George Gleason

"hev" wrote in message...

immature would be to just call them all thieves without adapting.

Immature would be saying that others must 'adapt' to breaking the law.

I guess you are still for prohibition then?

there is a process for changing the law
stealing isn't one of them
George Gleason

Hev wrote:

Theivery is somehow mature in your so-called mind.

Mature? It is a reality the industry has to face...
immature would be to just call them all thieves without adapting.

this is not some face less industry
you are stealing from musicians
yes theivery is a reality musicians need to face
but arresting them and fineing them 10,s of thousands of dollars
hev

"hev" wrote in message...

immature would be to just call them all thieves without adapting.

Immature would be saying that others must 'adapt' to breaking the law.

I guess you are still for prohibition then?

there is a process for changing the law
stealing isn't one of them

You missed the point. Laws changed because of peoples actions in breaking
the law.

--
-hev
remove "your opinion" to find me:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com

George Gleason

"hev" wrote in message...

immature would be to just call them all thieves without adapting.

Immature would be saying that others must 'adapt' to breaking the law.

I guess you are still for prohibition then?

there is a process for changing the law
stealing isn't one of them

You missed the point. Laws changed because of peoples actions in breaking
the law.

laws can change but morals don't
your great grand children will still understand stealing is wrong
George
hev

"hev" wrote in message...

immature would be to just call them all thieves without adapting.

Immature would be saying that others must 'adapt' to breaking the law.

I guess you are still for prohibition then?

there is a process for changing the law
stealing isn't one of them

You missed the point. Laws changed because of peoples actions in breaking
the law.

laws can change but morals don't
your great grand children will still understand stealing is wrong

When everyone felt drinking was moral the laws changed...
my great grand children might not even experience file trading being illegal
(except in the history books).

--
-hev
remove "your opinion" to find me:
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com

George Gleason

laws can change but morals don't
your great grand children will still understand stealing is wrong

When everyone felt drinking was moral the laws changed...
my great grand children might not even experience file trading being illegal
(except in the history books).

file tradeing is not illegal or imoral today, as long as it belongs to you
the stealing of music and distribution of stolen music is both illegal
and immoral
it will stay that way as artsist don't like being robbed of their lifes work
George
hank alrich

hev wrote:

Mature? It is a reality the industry has to face...

Let's look into this concept of yours: as long as I can get away with
stealing from you you have little problem with my thievery. If I can get
a huge number of folks to steal your goods from your store, you will
like it even better.

Makes perfect sense.

--
ha
Hev

hev wrote:

Mature? It is a reality the industry has to face...

Let's look into this concept of yours: as long as I can get away with
stealing from you you have little problem with my thievery. If I can get
a huge number of folks to steal your goods from your store, you will
like it even better.

Makes perfect sense.

As much sense as comparing apples and oranges.