David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Hev" wrote in message ...
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
hev wrote:
"hank alrich" wrote in message
hev wrote:

It is the culmination of the actions of the industry

You competently demonstrate the lack of personal responsibility that is
presently a disease in America. The situation is actually no deeper than
that, and technology has nothing to do with it. You cannot control
yourself and for that you seek to blame something other than yourself.
The word for that is "pathetic".

If you didn't protest the way the industry behaved before p2p was around
you have absolutely NO RIGHT to criticize anyone now.

Uhh... hev.... do you have any idea who you're talking to?

I am supposed to?

Probably not. Actually, it's pretty obvious that you don't.

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Hev" wrote in message ...

"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message

"hev" wrote in message

"hank alrich" wrote in message
.. .
hev wrote:

It is the culmination of the actions of the industry

You competently demonstrate the lack of personal responsibility that is
presently a disease in America. The situation is actually no deeper
than
that, and technology has nothing to do with it. You cannot control
yourself and for that you seek to blame something other than yourself.
The word for that is "pathetic".

If you didn't protest the way the industry behaved before p2p was around
you
have absolutely NO RIGHT to criticize anyone now.

Totally inept response. Criticism is a far cry from theft... but I see
you have now added a fourth category to your crutches for rationalizing
theft. Congratulations, the hole you are digging for yourself in defense
of undefendable excuses for thievery is growing deeper.

Haha. Indeed I am. Our generation just doesn't give a **** I guess.

Still blaming it on everyone else until the last minute, eh?

Think
about the hideous stuff on MTV... clear channel sucking the life out of
radio. Capitalism shoved down our throat since before we could speak by
large corporations who don't have our best interests at heart. I think most
people hate that the artists aren't getting paid, but feel no sympathy
whatsoever for most of the industry.

Hopefully the record labels will find a new model that works in the digital
era and this will all be like a bad dream.

Indeed. We agree on something once more.

I have been playing a bit of
devils advocate in this thread but I do think file sharing is a great
technology.

Ooooh.... Now it's the work of the Devil, huh? Devine revelation there, hev,
or are you discovering that your conscience really lives inside you and will
always remember even when you've forgotten? Life is strange - sometimes
it takes a lot of years to see things clearly.

For what it is worth I have removed my music files from the
public.

That's odd.... you told us earlier that you only downloaded files; that you
never ripped or made files available to others !

I admit it, you got to me. I really have supported the industry with
a lotta dough in my time, so hopefully this will all be history soon...
whatever the solution may be.

Changing your ISP ? ;-)

--
David Morgan (MAMS)
http://www.m-a-m-s DOT com

Hev

Ooooh.... Now it's the work of the Devil, huh? Devine revelation there,
hev,
or are you discovering that your conscience really lives inside you and
will
always remember even when you've forgotten? Life is strange - sometimes
it takes a lot of years to see things clearly.

Sorry, not religious private. I want artists to be paid. I wish I could
bypass those inbetween.

For what it is worth I have removed my music files from the
public.

That's odd.... you told us earlier that you only downloaded files; that
you
never ripped or made files available to others !

I've never ripped CD's into mp3's. I have made the mp3's I have downloaded
available to others. I never said I didn't.

I've removed them. Happy now? Only 200 million to go.... ;-)

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me he

Hev

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message

In article 8l1Xd.42029$uc.21623@trnddc01
writes:

Just like I know the people who smoke pot don't consider themselves
criminals, people who download don't either.

You don't have to consider yourself a criminal in order to be one. But
once you're told that you are, you should know that you are. What you
do is your own business, and you should be prepared for the
consequences if you're caught. Unfortunately the consequences for
downloading have been meaningless enough so that it's worth taking the
chance of getting caught.

Around here there are people who regularly park illegaly every day and
consider that the five or six tickets a month that they get are
cheaper than paying for a parking space in a garage. As long as they
pay the fines, everybody's happy. Seems to me that what they should do
is boot the car when they see a pattern of continued violation. Either
that or make the fine $500 instead of $50.

Until they make the penalty for possessing stolent intellectual
propery heavy enough to matter, prosecuting downloaders will continue
to be a non-solution.

I still think there is a solution on the horizon that will allow music to
float around the internet for use but still preserves the industry somehow.
Just like the day when you won't run software off of your hard drive,
instead we will run software located on the net.

For now I am happy with my Rhapsody account. Lets me preview a lot of great,
current music.

Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 14:54:14 GMT

On 2005-03-08
said:
But if an independ artist (or even a major
record lable) puts up some free samples on his web site, it would
be even better publicity if people passed around a link to the web
site rather than just a copy of the music. That way someone who
liked the music wouldn't have to try to figure out who it was and
find the web site to buy the CD (assuming it wasn't so popular that
he couldn't miss it in a store).

My thoughts dovetail with Mike's here. iF you buy my cd at a gig I
don't want you just making your favorite tune available on P2p. rip
it burn yourself a copy or take a song or two you like for your own
compilation to listen to in the car or in your portable player but
making it available for free is something y ou don't have the right to
do nor my permission.

Just like the day when you won't
run software off of your hard drive, instead we will run software

located on the net. Someone proposed that once, but it didn't pan
out. The idea was that you subscribed and could run the software
until your subscription ran out - just like a membership porn web
site.

I never liked that idea. I saw plenty of problems with this and was
glad that ludicrous idea never took off.

Richard Webb,
Electric SPider Productions, New Orleans, La.
REplace anything before the @ symbol with elspider for real email

David Morgan \(MAMS\)

"Hev" wrote in message ...
"David Morgan (MAMS)" wrote in message

"Hev" wrote in message...

I buy just as many CD's as I ever have.

Which you've clearly stated earlier, is practically none. You're what, 23
or 24 years old now (?) and stated that you own approximately 300 CDs.
That equals roughly 1/4 of a CD per week of your lifetime, or roughly one
CD per living month since birth.

Remember the cassette?

Absolutely... one of the longest lasting consumer formats next to vinyl.

And did you really expect me to buy music when I was two years old? Lol.

No. But as long as you've mentioned it, that's about the same time that
cassettes & vinyl started being replaced by CDs.

It would be nice to think this conversation has actually affected the
way you think, because noting that you haven't blatantly lied to us
yet might, mean that you actually.... nah... nevermind. g

DM

Hev

"Hev" wrote in message...

I buy just as many CD's as I ever have.

Which you've clearly stated earlier, is practically none. You're what,
23
or 24 years old now (?) and stated that you own approximately 300 CDs.
That equals roughly 1/4 of a CD per week of your lifetime, or roughly
one
CD per living month since birth.

Remember the cassette?

Absolutely... one of the longest lasting consumer formats next to vinyl.

And did you really expect me to buy music when I was two years old? Lol.

No. But as long as you've mentioned it, that's about the same time that
cassettes & vinyl started being replaced by CDs.

It would be nice to think this conversation has actually affected the
way you think, because noting that you haven't blatantly lied to us
yet might, mean that you actually.... nah... nevermind. g

Yes, you have affected me. I still feel there is a solution on the horizon
that doesn't shun the p2p community. I think the industry and files online
will coexist.

So humility isn't something that comes with age? g

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me he
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com

Troy

I live in Vancouver and never heard of this

play on wrote in message
Believe it. It was widely reported locally as the Blaine border
crossing is about 80 miles from here.

Al

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:55:16 GMT, "Troy"
wrote:

I don't beleive that.

play on wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 05:04:30 GMT, Ben Bradley
wrote:

For some interesting reading, Google for this:
war on drugs asset forfeiture
and read any or all of the articles returned on the first page.

There was a local Seattle man who lost his Porche... when driving into
Canada, the authorities found a roach that his son had left a gym bag
that was sitting in the back seat. They seized a $40,000 car over
about $1 worth of pot.

Al

Troy

Mike ......There are no guilty people in jail either.Just ask any of them
and they will tell you they are innocent :-)

writes:

[...]

I'm really Mike Rivers )

reddred

"Kurt Albershardt" wrote in message

I think the long term solution would be to move to some disc format that
PC's don't easily play, but could be licensed to electronics

manufacturers
for DVD players.

Um, SACD anyone?

Or DVD-A, I don't believe there are any PC drives supporting either. My
impression is that the industry is concerned about which one of the formats
to push and when to do it.

jb

reddred

"hev"

Just like I know the people who smoke pot don't consider themselves
criminals, people who download don't either.

Then they're ignorant. They need to learn about where the money goes.

I've said it before, p2p and illegal downloading will never really go away,
but this endless moralizing is silly. Of course it is stealing. As if you
wrote a thesis, and a friend stole it. It's not right.

jb

George Gleason

Hev wrote:
"George Gleason" wrote in message

hev wrote:

"Lorin David Schultz" wrote in message

"hev" wrote:

Can you back that up with a link?

"Lorin David Schultz" wrote:

Probably, but talk about irrelevant...

"It *MUST* be true... I read it on the internet!"

"Hev" wrote:

Didn't think so.

Fine, he http://www.v5v.ca/truth.htm

Cute. In the era of price fixing, contracts that screw artists over and
the industry seeking a monopoly strangle hold of the market THIS is the
best that you can come up with?

It seems your guilty on all fronts
your screwing artists out of income from the sales of their CD's
you have instituted a price fixing scheme at 0$
and you are subverting the artists contracts with your own twisted ideas
in effect creating a stranglehold on the market that renders music
worthless

So you wrote letters? Protested the labels when this was happening in the
80's and 90's?
Where the hell were you guys then?

on tour with the Dead, who encouraged the free exchange of live show
tapes, had over 350 at one point
george

play on

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 21:12:07 GMT, Ben Bradley
wrote:

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 12:06:10 -0800, play on
wrote:

Believe it. It was widely reported locally as the Blaine border
crossing is about 80 miles from here.

I googled for that particular story and didn't find it, but in
looking I found this:

It's been a few years since that incident. Did you see this?

http://www.marijuananews.com/marijua..._the_cocai.htm

http://www.pdxnorml.org/980326.html

"U.S. CUSTOMS BLITZES BORDER IN DRUG HUNT"
Drivers who are apprehended risk having their cars seized. To get
around that, they often drive rented or leased cars, DeFries said.

"They're not stupid," DeFries said. "They know if they drive their
fancy Porsche, they'll lose it, so they don't drive it. They drive a
throw-away car. It's the price of doing business; they lose the
junker."

Al

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:55:16 GMT, "Troy"
wrote:

I don't beleive that.

wrote:

For some interesting reading, Google for this:
war on drugs asset forfeiture
and read any or all of the articles returned on the first page.

There was a local Seattle man who lost his Porche... when driving into
Canada, the authorities found a roach that his son had left a gym bag
that was sitting in the back seat. They seized a $40,000 car over
about $1 worth of pot.

Al

-----
http://mindspring.com/~benbradley

play on

"Hev" wrote:

Didn't think so.

Fine, he http://www.v5v.ca/truth.htm

Cute. In the era of price fixing, contracts that screw artists over and
the industry seeking a monopoly strangle hold of the market THIS is the
best that you can come up with?

It seems your guilty on all fronts
your screwing artists out of income from the sales of their CD's
you have instituted a price fixing scheme at 0$
and you are subverting the artists contracts with your own twisted ideas
in effect creating a stranglehold on the market that renders music
worthless

So you wrote letters? Protested the labels when this was happening in the
80's and 90's?
Where the hell were you guys then?

on tour with the Dead, who encouraged the free exchange of live show
tapes, had over 350 at one point

And I bet they also were (are) totally behind the distribution of
their music on the internet.

Al
play on

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 23:15:51 GMT, "David Morgan \(MAMS\)"
wrote:

"Hev" wrote in message...

I buy just as many CD's as I ever have.

Which you've clearly stated earlier, is practically none. You're what, 23 or 24
years old now (?) and stated that you own approximately 300 CDs. That
equals roughly 1/4 of a CD per week of your lifetime, or roughly one CD per
living month since birth.

Come on... give it a rest. 300 CDs is over $4000 worth of music,
that's a pretty good amount for someone his age. I'm certain I didn't
own that many LPs when I was in my mid-20s.

Al
play on

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 03:03:44 GMT, "Troy"
wrote:

I live in Vancouver and never heard of this

That's not my fault... why do you think I am lying about it? It is
not an urban legend, I read it in the Seattle Times I beleive. I
think that it happened right after they made the seziure thing legal,
whenever that was, in the late 90s?

Al

play on wrote in message
.. .
Believe it. It was widely reported locally as the Blaine border
crossing is about 80 miles from here.

Al

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 15:55:16 GMT, "Troy"
wrote:

I don't beleive that.

.. .
wrote:

For some interesting reading, Google for this:
war on drugs asset forfeiture
and read any or all of the articles returned on the first page.

There was a local Seattle man who lost his Porche... when driving into
Canada, the authorities found a roach that his son had left a gym bag
that was sitting in the back seat. They seized a $40,000 car over
about $1 worth of pot.

Al

Hev

"George Gleason" wrote in message
So you wrote letters? Protested the labels when this was happening in the
80's and 90's?
Where the hell were you guys then?

on tour with the Dead, who encouraged the free exchange of live show
tapes, had over 350 at one point

I've always loved the Dead's live tape ethic. One of my favorite bands,
Sonic Youth, has that live taping ethic as well. And my good (drinking)
buddy in college was a dirty hippie who had traveled with the Dead. He took
me along to a hippie show once... old hippy twisting on the table-top and
passing it around. Every MF in the house.... I mean every MF was dancing.
Being used to punk/indie shows from the east it was quite the experience.

Remember, you hippies taught us free love and sesame street taught us to
share.

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me he
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com

Tracy Wintermute

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 22:00:56 GMT, "hev"
wrote:

If you didn't protest the way the industry behaved before p2p was around you
have absolutely NO RIGHT to criticize anyone now.

OK, so let's say I did "protest the way the industry behaved before
p2p was around"...

Now what? I have been granted the right to criticize now?

Well... if under those circumstances I do criticize, that means
exactly WHAT to you?
That changes everything?
You will say "Oh, _now_ I see what you're trying to say!"?

Hey, unlike a few others, I do understand some of the points you are
attempting to make concerning the current state of this issue...
however, we disagree on many of the precursory factors leading to that
state, and that's OK in that often folks will draw differing
conclusions when presented with seemingly the same information.

That being said, you have participated in the action, rather than just
report what your impression is of your peers' attitude towards that
action. This somewhat dilutes your objectivity as perceived by those
in opposition of your views.

Add to that the above statement you made...
I can equate that emotionalized statement by telling "the Story of
Chuck and Pam".
===============
Chuck is 8 years old; Pam, his sister, is 10 years old. In this
version, you are Chuck.

Mom: Chuck! Why are you writing on the wall with my lipstick?

Chuck: But.... but.... I... well, I .....

Mom: I mean it Charles! I want an explanation, and I want it NOW!

Chuck: I... well... I didn't mean to make you mad...............
but, PAM FLUSHED A TENNIS BALL DOWN THE TOILET!!!
================
No, I don't expect everyone to connect with the analogy...

====================
Tracy Wintermute

Rushcreek Ranch
====================
Tracy Wintermute

On Mon, 07 Mar 2005 11:45:31 -0800, Kurt Albershardt
wrote:

Many of us were assigned several Internets worth of IPv6 address space (personally) years ago. Suddenly the IPv4 address space crisis got less urgent and I don't know when (or if) we'll finally have real use of it.

Hey Kurt,
This is off topic to, well, everything.... but, is in reference to all
of your posts: Does that Mozilla thing have an option called "line
length" or something like that?
No offense meant, but;
If so, please learn to use it.
Thanks!

====================
Tracy Wintermute

Rushcreek Ranch
====================
David Morgan \(MAMS\)

wrote:

Many of us were assigned several Internets worth of IPv6 address space (personally) years ago. Suddenly the IPv4 address space

crisis got less urgent and I don't know when (or if) we'll finally have real use of it.

Hey Kurt,
This is off topic to, well, everything.... but, is in reference to all
of your posts: Does that Mozilla thing have an option called "line
length" or something like that?
No offense meant, but;
If so, please learn to use it.
Thanks!

I'm certain he knows how to use it... it's probably a case of getting
him to slow down long enough to add a key.

He's probably typing in a small window and watching it wrap nicely.
It's definitely not coming in HTML... so the old carriage return (enter)
maybe needs to be activated after every hundred or so characters.

;-)

Actually, just getting him to keep hanging around is worth reading
the long lines, even though they don't quote so well.

I think PC users on Outlook or Outlook Express who only enable
72 character lines are tougher to read and quote than long ones
which auto-wrap to the window size.

Tracy Wintermute

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:43:10 -0800, play_on
wrote:

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:55:31 -0600, Tracy Wintermute
wrote:

An honest-to-goodness no **** story:
In a small town about an hour east of here, some kid got busted for
operating his 'boom car' in violation of a noise ordinance.
The judge sentenced him to (I think it was12 hours) locked in a room
with loud non-stop polka music piped in.

I heard about that. Here in Seattle (snip)

You heard about that in Seattle? Wow, blows me away, seriously!
I happened to be in Cambridge, OH (location of the offense) on
business the day of the sentencing, and heard about it on the local
radio station noon-time news report in my car. I nearly ****ed myself
laughing, especially considering the vocal mannerism of the
newscaster; his inflections were the same matter-of-fact presentation
as his 'so-and-so was sentenced to 15 years for gross sexual
imposition' announcements... had no idea the story went national.

====================
Tracy Wintermute

Rushcreek Ranch
====================

Mike Rivers

In article writes:

I still think there is a solution on the horizon that will allow music to
float around the internet for use but still preserves the industry somehow.

Sure there is - you just limit the amount of music that floats around
the Internet to that which is intended to be free as determined by the
owners of the copyright (not by the owners of a CD or other
recording). But if an independ artist (or even a major record lable)
puts up some free samples on his web site, it would be even better
publicity if people passed around a link to the web site rather than
just a copy of the music. That way someone who liked the music
wouldn't have to try to figure out who it was and find the web site to
buy the CD (assuming it wasn't so popular that he couldn't miss it in
a store).

Just like the day when you won't run software off of your hard drive,
instead we will run software located on the net.

Someone proposed that once, but it didn't pan out. The idea was that
you subscribed and could run the software until your subscription ran
out - just like a membership porn web site.

For now I am happy with my Rhapsody account. Lets me preview a lot of great,
current music.

I guess that means you're paying for your music. Once you buy it, do
you give it away to others, or do you protect the artist by keeping it
off the P2P networks?

--
I'm really Mike Rivers )
George Gleason

Hev wrote:
"George Gleason" wrote in message

So you wrote letters? Protested the labels when this was happening in the
80's and 90's?
Where the hell were you guys then?

on tour with the Dead, who encouraged the free exchange of live show
tapes, had over 350 at one point

I've always loved the Dead's live tape ethic. One of my favorite bands,
Sonic Youth, has that live taping ethic as well. And my good (drinking)
buddy in college was a dirty hippie who had traveled with the Dead. He took
me along to a hippie show once... old hippy twisting on the table-top and
passing it around. Every MF in the house.... I mean every MF was dancing.
Being used to punk/indie shows from the east it was quite the experience.

Remember, you hippies taught us free love and sesame street taught us to
share.

I never was , and am too young to have been a "hippy"
I was the manager of a thriving audio-visual company, and a regional
sales manager for NEC electronics during those years as well
brush cut, brooks brothers suits. the whole coporate thing
George
George Gleason

wrote:

"Hev" wrote in message...

I buy just as many CD's as I ever have.

Which you've clearly stated earlier, is practically none. You're what, 23 or 24
years old now (?) and stated that you own approximately 300 CDs. That
equals roughly 1/4 of a CD per week of your lifetime, or roughly one CD per
living month since birth.

Come on... give it a rest. 300 CDs is over $4000 worth of music,
that's a pretty good amount for someone his age. I'm certain I didn't
own that many LPs when I was in my mid-20s.

Al

I had well over 2000 lps by the time cds came out(when I was 22)
I had about 800 cd's last time I bothered to count them
George
George Gleason

"Hev" wrote:

[...]

I don't do music on the net
I have no idea where the dead stand on this
I have moved from listening /buying music to creating by the time the
net came to my life
I have tens of thousands of hours of music to listen to. If I want any
more I go to the store and buy it
George

Tommy B

Well that's because they need to get that phasey high end crap that
Auto-tune does better than anything, and is on everything.
But not for the pitch!!!
I heard this female singer, who sounds alot like Billie.
Anyone know who she is?

Tom

"Willie K.Yee, M.D." wrote in message
On 2 Mar 2005 12:14:36 -0500, (Mike Rivers) wrote:

In article et

writes:

Ella don't need no stinking Auto-tune, EVER!!!!

But if it had been invented while she was actively recording, would
they have used it anyway? Probably so, sadly.

And they DEFINITELY would have used it to "fix" Billie Holiday.

Can you imagine?????

Willie K. Yee, M.D.
http://users.bestweb.net/~wkyee
Developer of Problem Knowledge Couplers for Psychiatry http://www.pkc.com
Webmaster and Guitarist for the Big Blue Big Band

http://www.bigbluebigband.org

Hev

"Mike Rivers" wrote in message

In article
writes:

I still think there is a solution on the horizon that will allow music to
float around the internet for use but still preserves the industry
somehow.

Sure there is - you just limit the amount of music that floats around
the Internet to that which is intended to be free as determined by the
owners of the copyright (not by the owners of a CD or other
recording). But if an independ artist (or even a major record lable)
puts up some free samples on his web site, it would be even better
publicity if people passed around a link to the web site rather than
just a copy of the music. That way someone who liked the music
wouldn't have to try to figure out who it was and find the web site to
buy the CD (assuming it wasn't so popular that he couldn't miss it in
a store).

Sure, people would go to the site to download a song or two. Record label
sites do this regularly today but I think they need to take it a step
farther.

Just like the day when you won't run software off of your hard drive,
instead we will run software located on the net.

Someone proposed that once, but it didn't pan out. The idea was that
you subscribed and could run the software until your subscription ran
out - just like a membership porn web site.

The bandwidth of a CAT 5 ethernet network system is barely capable of this
currently. We are a good ten years away (or more) from being able to do it
via an internet connection.

For now I am happy with my Rhapsody account. Lets me preview a lot of
great,
current music.

I guess that means you're paying for your music. Once you buy it, do
you give it away to others, or do you protect the artist by keeping it
off the P2P networks?

I don't download anything through Rhapsody since it costs per download. I
use it like a radio.

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me he
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com

Hev

wrote:

"Hev" wrote in message...

I buy just as many CD's as I ever have.

Which you've clearly stated earlier, is practically none. You're what,
23 or 24
years old now (?) and stated that you own approximately 300 CDs. That
equals roughly 1/4 of a CD per week of your lifetime, or roughly one CD
per
living month since birth.

Come on... give it a rest. 300 CDs is over $4000 worth of music,
that's a pretty good amount for someone his age. I'm certain I didn't
own that many LPs when I was in my mid-20s.

Al

I had well over 2000 lps by the time cds came out(when I was 22)
I had about 800 cd's last time I bothered to count them

So if you divide time by CD length ... hmmm. Something doesn't add up. You
using them for coasters?
I did own some cassette before my CD's as well.

--

-Hev
remove your opinion to find me he
www.michaelYOURspringerOPINION.com

Scott Dorsey

David Morgan \(MAMS\) wrote:
I think PC users on Outlook or Outlook Express who only enable
72 character lines are tougher to read and quote than long ones
which auto-wrap to the window size.

Actually, regular newsreaders give you 80 column lines and give a warning
on any lines longer than 72 characters. With regular-style quoting it is
much easier to do this than it is to deal with super-long lines that have
to be broken up.

This is addressed in the Emily Postnews article, I believe.

George Gleason

wrote:

"Hev" wrote in message...

I buy just as many CD's as I ever have.

Which you've clearly stated earlier, is practically none. You're what,
23 or 24
years old now (?) and stated that you own approximately 300 CDs. That
equals roughly 1/4 of a CD per week of your lifetime, or roughly one CD
per
living month since birth.

Come on... give it a rest. 300 CDs is over $4000 worth of music,
that's a pretty good amount for someone his age. I'm certain I didn't
own that many LPs when I was in my mid-20s.

Al

I had well over 2000 lps by the time cds came out(when I was 22)
I had about 800 cd's last time I bothered to count them

So if you divide time by CD length ... hmmm. Something doesn't add up. You
using them for coasters?
I did own some cassette before my CD's as well.

i am not sure what you implying but many cd's were of lps I liked but
wanted the cd version
often as little as 25 minutes of music on the cd
George
Hev

wrote:

"Hev" wrote in message...

[...]

Not implying anything.... well other than that is a whole lotta music to
listen to. Where did you find the time? Nice collection.

-hev

George Gleason

wrote:

"Hev" wrote in message...

[...]

I had two older brothers who left me theirs when they left home
cut out bins record clubs and jobs from the age of about 10 yo
also owned a yashica slr before 10th grade
George
Paul Stamler

wrote:

An honest-to-goodness no **** story:
In a small town about an hour east of here, some kid got busted for
operating his 'boom car' in violation of a noise ordinance.
The judge sentenced him to (I think it was12 hours) locked in a room
with loud non-stop polka music piped in.

I heard about that. Here in Seattle (snip)

You heard about that in Seattle? Wow, blows me away, seriously!
I happened to be in Cambridge, OH (location of the offense) on
business the day of the sentencing, and heard about it on the local
radio station noon-time news report in my car. I nearly ****ed myself
laughing, especially considering the vocal mannerism of the
newscaster; his inflections were the same matter-of-fact presentation
as his 'so-and-so was sentenced to 15 years for gross sexual
imposition' announcements... had no idea the story went national.

In ten years, look for the kid's new punk polka band to sweep the nation.

Peace,
Paul

Dave Martin

"Hev" wrote in message

I don't download anything through Rhapsody since it costs per download. I
use it like a radio.

OK, I'm done.

This dip**** was talking about how he sees using services like Rhapsody as
his version of 'supporting legitimate downloading', and now says that he
doesn't download from Rhapsody because it costs money. He listens to
Rhapsody and then looks for free versions online. What a maroon.

--
Dave Martin
DMA, Inc