SmilingSinner

Default bridging and output question

would someone please explain with examples of two and four channels how
bridging affects power outut? what is the formula or pattern for the end
resulting watts?

R-P

Well looking at http://go.to/bcae should explain all your questions, but
I will try to explain with a carbattery analogy.

See an ampchannel as a carbattery of 100Ah

One 12 volt battery can deliver a maximum of 100A before the voltage
drops below 10 volts, where we take those 10 volts as the norm.

This means one battery can deliver 10 volts times 100Amperes = 1000W

Now we put two batteries in series. We now have essentially a 24V
battery (we 'bridged' the batteries) which is still able to supply 100A
before the total voltage drops below 20 volts

This means we now have two batteries that can deliver 20 volts times
100Amperes = 2000W

Essentially each battery still delivers 1000W.....Nothing has changed,
other than that you HAVE TO BE CAREFUL not to use the same load on the
single battery as on the dual battery!

What manufacturers normally do is show you the 4 ohm power of each
ampchannel (compare a 50A draw on the above mentioned carbattery. Nice
for the battery, but if you want to push it, you COULD get double that
out of it...)

Then they mention the 2 ohm power of the ampchannel (compare the 100A
draw on the carbattery, the maximum before it gets too low)

And then the bridged power on a 4 ohm load (compare the dual battery
with a 100A draw)

There is no quadrupling of power, nothing fancy.

Most amps will put out (almost) the same bridged in a single 4 ohm
speaker as they would into two seperate 2 ohm speakers.
Don't forget to add up the power of BOTH channels in the latter case.

To answer your question: Bridging DOES NOT affect outputpower.
--
R-P
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/vbb2/sh...hreadid=151108