Bob Business

Default How to make system sound better for rock music.

Hello,
I just put together a system for my small toyota truck. Nothing
special ( $200 no including the HU) , just stock size 4" in the front
and 6.5" (Infinity 6002i) in the extended cab back powered by the head
unit, and a 12" sub (Infinity 1230W in 1.25cu sealed encl.) and amp
(Sony XM-280GTX). I put it all together and popped in a autosound
test cd I had and the bass and stuff sounds awesome. The problem is I
don't listen to that kind of music. When I listen to my CDs, which is
mostly punk rock it just doesn't sound good. The bass is boomy, and
seems to be missing some frequency's just above that of the sub. I
got the system to sound better after turning up the Low Pass Filter to
300Hz, but what I want is the bass guitar to sound like it does on my
stereo.

So what can I do? Do I need to get a smaller Sub and/or enclosure? Or
do I need better mid-range speakers.
Thanks in advance.
Brian
Daniel Snooks

Bob Business wrote
[...]

If you put the 6002i's up front and power them with an amp (another 280 for
example) I think you would get what you want. Don't even bother with rear
speakers, you don't need them.

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks