Thomas Bishop

Default Hammond Organ

I was just donated a Hammond organ and was curious as to some information
about it. I work at a music store in my town, and someone came in that
owned some rent property. The people moved out but left behind this organ
and the owner of the house wondered if I wanted it, for free!. So of course
I said yes (what a great addition to a home studio) and we moved it into my
house.

It is labeled as a Model D, serial number 5409. There are two Jensen
speakers, model A12 Concert Speaker. All together there are 9 tubes in it,
which all glow red when powered on. I haven't been able to get sound out of
it, but I don't know if it's because it's broken, or if I just don't know
what I'm doing (or both). Any information or links to helpful sites would
be great. And of course, in the meantime I will Google it.

Thanks a lot.
Thomas

Ricky Hunt

"Thomas Bishop" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

http://www.google.com/search?biw=125...=hammond+organ

Thomas Bishop

"Ricky Hunt" wrote in message
http://www.google.com/search?biw=125...=hammond+organ

Thanks for that generic answer. As I said in my post (the last sentence,
you probably lost interest by then), I planned on searching Google, and I
did.

So, Ricky got to the "try searching Google because I don't have an answer"
response first, so only post if it is different information. I'm glad we
got that out of the way quickly.

Oh, and I'll add: anyone know of some folks in the Memphis area who work on
organs? Thanks again.

Ben Bradley

On Sun, 26 Jun 2005 23:30:31 GMT, "Thomas Bishop"
wrote:

"Ricky Hunt" wrote in message
http://www.google.com/search?biw=125...=hammond+organ

Thanks for that generic answer. As I said in my post (the last sentence,
you probably lost interest by then), I planned on searching Google, and I
did.

So, Ricky got to the "try searching Google because I don't have an answer"
response first, so only post if it is different information. I'm glad we
got that out of the way quickly.

Oh, and I'll add: anyone know of some folks in the Memphis area who work on
organs? Thanks again.

Isn't there at least one newsgroup with the word Hammond in it?
Yes, there's alt.music.hammond-organ, and like much of Usenet it
appears to be begging for on-topic content...

-----
http://www.mindspring.com/~benbradley
Ricky Hunt

"Thomas Bishop" wrote in message
. ..
"Ricky Hunt" wrote in message
http://www.google.com/search?biw=125...=hammond+organ

Thanks for that generic answer. As I said in my post (the last sentence,
you probably lost interest by then), I planned on searching Google, and I
did.

So, Ricky got to the "try searching Google because I don't have an answer"
response first, so only post if it is different information. I'm glad we
got that out of the way quickly.

Oh, and I'll add: anyone know of some folks in the Memphis area who work
on organs? Thanks again.

I did read your entire post. I had just been looking for this same
information a few weeks ago and the search I used turned up about all one
could need to know about how they work and how to operate one (or those
pages contained links to it). So instead of posting the links individually
(since most of the ones on the first page are good) I just posted that for
simplicity. If my post was useless then what does that make your response to
it?

weekend warriors!

wow...i forgot what douchebags inhabit these lands....

Roger W. Norman

I believe there's a Hammond mail-list, Thomas, but John Vengrouskie
(jssconmag) would know better, since you'd have to subscribe to it. As I
recall it's well worth the trouble to find it.

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio
[...]

polymod

"Ricky Hunt" wrote in message
http://www.google.com/search?biw=125...=hammond+organ

Thanks for that generic answer. As I said in my post (the last sentence,
you probably lost interest by then), I planned on searching Google, and I
did.

So, Ricky got to the "try searching Google because I don't have an answer"
response first, so only post if it is different information. I'm glad we
got that out of the way quickly.

You don't know Ricky.
If he got paid for his generosity, he'd be a rich man.

Poly

james

Thomas Bishop wrote:

It is labeled as a Model D, serial number 5409. There are two Jensen
speakers, model A12 Concert Speaker.

The only thing I know about these early Hammond consoles is that they
have just a preamp. Should have the same 11-pin connector as later
models.

http://www.cs.uidaho.edu/~rinker/msckt.pdf
james

Thomas Bishop wrote:

I was just donated a Hammond organ and was curious as to some information
about it.

Go to the mountaintop and see the holy man, Al Goff.

http://www.goffprof.com/

Ray Abbitt

In article _HYve.5125$8o.534@fed1read03,
james wrote:
In article ,
Thomas Bishop wrote:

It is labeled as a Model D, serial number 5409. There are two Jensen
speakers, model A12 Concert Speaker.

The only thing I know about these early Hammond consoles is that they
have just a preamp. Should have the same 11-pin connector as later
models.

Nope. If it is an original Model D, it has a 6 pin connector. The 11 pin
came MUCH later. However, if it has speakers built into the cabinet, it is
probably a D100 series rather than a Model D (and does in fact have
built in amplifiers-3 of them-rather than just a preamp). Model D was
built from 1939 to 1942. D100 series was built from 1963 to 1969.

Pictures and information can be found in the hammond FAQ.
http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/faq/

-ray
(I have a Model D)

http://www.cs.uidaho.edu/~rinker/msckt.pdf