Posted to rec.audio.pro
Some One Some One is offline

Default Nuendo insert preset automation

Hey Nuendo users!

Perhaps someone on here can help me out... I'm trying to automate a
preset change on a plugin. I'm using Nuendo 3, I've saved two presets
on an eq plugin. I've tried everything I can think of to write the
change into the automation. I fail to see how this is such a problem
since the Insert "program" is supposedly automateable (?). In any
instance where I can seemingly manipulate the preset, only the
currently selected preset is visible. The other preset I saved is not
selectable (ie in the Channel window with the insert view set to
"presets"). I hope there's something I'm missing (not too obvioius,
though) because I'd rather do all the eq changes in one step than do
all of the parameters individually.

Thanks for the help!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] is offline

How about making two instances of the plug and just
turn one off and the other on.

peace
dawg
"Some One" wrote in message
ps.com...
: Hey Nuendo users!
:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Some One Some One is offline

Thanks for the reply, but I already tried that and the switch between
the two causes too much audible weirdness. I'd really like to avoid
that if at all possible. I hope someone can help me figure this one
out!

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 21 Mar 2007 12:39:24 -0700, "Some One" wrote:

Hey Nuendo users!

Perhaps someone on here can help me out... I'm trying to automate a
preset change on a plugin. I'm using Nuendo 3, I've saved two presets
on an eq plugin. I've tried everything I can think of to write the
change into the automation. I fail to see how this is such a problem
since the Insert "program" is supposedly automateable (?). In any
instance where I can seemingly manipulate the preset, only the
currently selected preset is visible. The other preset I saved is not
selectable (ie in the Channel window with the insert view set to
"presets"). I hope there's something I'm missing (not too obvioius,
though) because I'd rather do all the eq changes in one step than do
all of the parameters individually.

Thanks for the help!

Duplicate the track, insert the plugin on both with different presets.
Mix between the two tracks.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
WillStG WillStG is offline

On Mar 21, 2:39 pm, "Some One" wrote:
Hey Nuendo users!

Perhaps someone on here can help me out... I'm trying to automate a
preset change on a plugin. I'm using Nuendo 3, I've saved two presets
on an eq plugin. I've tried everything I can think of to write the
change into the automation. I fail to see how this is such a problem
since the Insert "program" is supposedly automateable (?). In any
instance where I can seemingly manipulate the preset, only the
currently selected preset is visible. The other preset I saved is not
selectable (ie in the Channel window with the insert view set to
"presets"). I hope there's something I'm missing (not too obvioius,
though) because I'd rather do all the eq changes in one step than do
all of the parameters individually.

Thanks for the help!

I don't have my Nuendo in front of me, but try this. Open the
plugin edit window. There should be automation read and write buttons
there on the plugin window. Select your preset, and click on the W to
enable write and start recording from the transport. At the
appropriate moment, change your plugin preset in real time. Hit stop
and deselect write and select R for playback. Your preset should
change where you changed it. In Cubase there are little arrows that
advance the preset to the next or previous program, they can be useful
for tight preset changes. (Cubase and Nuendo basic features are
pretty much the same.)

Will Miho
NY TV/Audio Post/Music/Live Sound Guy

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] is offline

"Laurence Payne" lpayne1NOSPAM@dslDOTpipexDOTcom
wrote in message for the
:
: Duplicate the track, insert the plugin on both with
different presets.
: Mix between the two tracks.

That was going to be my next suggestion.

peace
dawg

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] Deputy Dumbya Dawg[_2_] is offline

"Some One" wrote in message
oups.com...
: Thanks for the reply, but I already tried that and
the switch between
: the two causes too much audible weirdness. I'd
really like to avoid
: that if at all possible. I hope someone can help me
figure this one
: out!

I had that problem too with a waves C4 turning on and
then off. I wound up putting a click in a track I was
mastering and then thought it must have been in the
original and got called on it. opps. I know why cant
this **** just work? Someday I am sure it will until
then we need to be creative.

peace
dawg
:

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Some One Some One is offline

Ok. I'm getting closer to understanding the problem if not fixing
it. I guess the problem is how the presets are saved. I was able to
automate the "program selection" parameter on another plugin. I guess
what I don't understand is why when I "store preset" for the plugin
I'm trying to automate (URS N12 EQ), this preset is not available in
the drop-down menu the way factory presets are. Can this be an issue
specifically with this plugin?

I guess what I'm trying to get answered is how can I properly save the
preset to automate it.

Thanks again!

Posted to rec.audio.pro
WillStG WillStG is offline

On Mar 21, 9:28 pm, "Some One" wrote:
Thanks for the reply, but I already tried that and the switch between
the two causes too much audible weirdness. I'd really like to avoid
that if at all possible. I hope someone can help me figure this one
out!

Well that can certainly happen, depending on the effect you are
automating. Sometimes you can get zipper noise or clicking depending
on the effect, but I have automated individual C4 parameters and not
had a problem (never the whole preset though!). Anyway depending on
what kind of effect you are talking about, it is often it is better
to automate the send to the effects. You can bring back the track to
2 faders with the different settings on each and just turn one on and
the other off. Or with echo FXs you can buss a channel to two
additional faders with plugins at 100% wet, and push one buss fader
one up and one down, a typical technique with delay reverb FXs.

Will Miho
NY TV/Audio Post/Music/Live Sound Guy
"The large print giveth and the small print takeh away..." Tom Waits

Preset Radio station Suzanne Car Audio 1 June 28th 05 01:25 AM
Compression using spaced pair - channel insert or post fade insert? karambos Pro Audio 11 September 2nd 04 07:56 PM
Argh VS3 Preset saving? alabaster Pro Audio 0 March 14th 04 12:23 AM
FS:Steinberg Nuendo Media Package with Nuendo Sound card VGardner Pro Audio 3 November 13th 03 05:28 AM
Roland R-880 preset FX cards Blind Joni Pro Audio 0 September 9th 03 05:54 PM