Echols

Default Wireless from mixer to Camcorder??

I am doing some free video work. Recording musicians in clubs and other
venues for a local Wayne's World type tv show. I would like to plug
into the sound system/mixer and send it wirelessly to a Canon zr25
minidv camcorder. I am getting too much crowd noise using the built in
mic. I will probably have to buy this with my own money, so ......
thanks for the help.
Steve

Scott Dorsey

Echols wrote:
I am doing some free video work. Recording musicians in clubs and other
venues for a local Wayne's World type tv show. I would like to plug
into the sound system/mixer and send it wirelessly to a Canon zr25
minidv camcorder. I am getting too much crowd noise using the built in
mic. I will probably have to buy this with my own money, so ......

So, what kind of inputs do you have on the Canon? What is your budget?

Good wireless is not cheap and cheap wireless is not good.
Echols

Just a 1/8 stereo jack.
Steve

Scott Dorsey

Echols wrote:
Just a 1/8 stereo jack.

And you can't turn the AVC off, can you?

I suggest you go double-system. Ask the PA guy to record the concert for you,
and dub it over to the video in post, using the camcorder mike as a guide
track. If he records on DAT or some other digital format, it will stay
synched up nicely once you get it locked in originally.

Your chance of getting something that actually sounds decent will be better
this way.