audio set up that match with the living room interior style

Old August 4th 06, 08:08 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default audio set up that match with the living room interior style

Hi the

I'm looking for a mid to high-end audio system that is not too bulky,
and could match with our current living room interior style. For some
photos of our living room, please see:

http://www.picturetrail.com/hgtv2006

Click on the first photo album "Formal Living Room" and use "HGTV"
(without quotation mark) as password.

See picture #3 and #4 (from the left hand menu) to get some idea, I
probably will set up the audio on the small table next to the piano,
and the speakers could go side-by-side of the fireplace.

Usually I listen to jazz (vocal) music, and classical music, so the
audio music has good sound stage and quality for these two types of
music.

Budget is around $1000 (but I could probably bump it up a bit), any
suggestion for the setup I should be getting?? Many many thanks!

Old August 4th 06, 02:16 PM posted to rec.audio.opinion
MINe 109

In article . com>,
wrote:

> Hi the
>
> I'm looking for a mid to high-end audio system that is not too bulky,
> and could match with our current living room interior style. For some
> photos of our living room, please see:

http://www.picturetrail.com/hgtv2006

> Click on the first photo album "Formal Living Room" and use "HGTV"
> (without quotation mark) as password.
>
> See picture #3 and #4 (from the left hand menu) to get some idea, I
> probably will set up the audio on the small table next to the piano,
> and the speakers could go side-by-side of the fireplace.
>
> Usually I listen to jazz (vocal) music, and classical music, so the
> audio music has good sound stage and quality for these two types of
> music.
>
> Budget is around $1000 (but I could probably bump it up a bit), any
> suggestion for the setup I should be getting?? Many many thanks!

NAD L53 all-in-one cd/dvd/tuner/amp and whatever $300 speakers you like:
PSB, Paradigm, Epos, Infinity, etc. More money: better speakers.

http://www.nadelectronics.com/dvd_pl...53_framset.htm

Stephen
Old August 5th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion

Thanks Stephen for your reply!

By the way, is there any speaker review site for those PSB, Paradigm,
Epos, Infinity speakers?? Which brand/model might have the biggest bang
for the bucks for vocal jazz and classical music?? Thanks a lot!

Old August 5th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.audio.opinion
Bill Riel

In article .com>,
says...
> Thanks Stephen for your reply!
>
> By the way, is there any speaker review site for those PSB, Paradigm,
> Epos, Infinity speakers?? Which brand/model might have the biggest bang
> for the bucks for vocal jazz and classical music?? Thanks a lot!

Speaker preference can be a very personal thing - having said that all
of the above make fine speakers. For a nice sounding speaker that looks
attractive you might also consider something from B&W's 600 series. The
"sorrento" finish might just look quite nice in your room.

Check out
http://www.bwspeakers.com and navigate to the 600 series for
some examples.

If at all possible, you should get out and listen to any speakers you
are considering. Reviews are great to help you narrow the field (and I
agree with Stephen's recommendation of Bob Reina's reviews) but what you
like may be quite different than what he (or I) like.

Good luck,

Bill

Just for Ludovic Audio Opinions 64 November 19th 05 04:17 PM
OT Political Blind Joni Pro Audio 337 September 25th 04 03:34 AM