Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
muzician21 muzician21 is offline

Default Why is live sound always, always so #^@!%! loud?

I was at a fundraiser at a bar tonight, and it made me once again
wonder what is this code of live sound in every bar, lounge, honky
tonk everywhere that the music has to be at least 20 db over what's
necessary to cause hearing damage, with bass aimed at gelatinizing
vital organs?

I must have hearing far more sensitive than the average person, I
*can't* go into one of these places without wearing earplugs or some
homemade facsimile - rolled up toilet paper or the like. I don't get
how it doesn't bother the many people who listen to it without hearing
protection. For that matter, premature hearing loss must be rampant
among the staff at these places.

Seriously, wth?