Posted to rec.audio.pro,alt.music.home-studio
muzician21 muzician21 is offline

Default Any SoundForge gurus here? Issue with saving Soundforge Plugins - notbehaving like it used to

In the past when I've saved a preset on a 3rd party VST plugin, it
brought up the "Save As" field and made it available in the preset
dropdown menu just like it does with bundled FX.

After an O/S reinstall and reloading the third-party freeware VST
plugins in the "VST Plugins" folder, now when I save presets, it
brings up the "Save As" field but then brings up another window to
save the file as an .fxp file. The preset isn't saved in the dropdown
menu. To retrieve a preset, I now have to go into the folder where
the .fxp file is stored and retrieve it. Besides being an inconvenient
annoyance, it also makes it impossible to quickly A/B presets.

How do I get it to go back to the previous behavior - i.e. just save
the preset and make it available in the dropdown menu without going
through this extra step to save and retrieve the preset?

Running SF8 under XP Pro SP3 if it makes a difference.

Thanks