Posted to rec.audio.pro
joe h joe h is offline

Default AKG 214 ... anybody try it?

Hello,

There have been a lot of 414 iterations over the years. I thought the
214 looked like a good buy at $399. The spec sheet says it outputs a
very strong 20mv/PA:

http://www.akg.com/site/products/pow...iew,specs.html

After finding (much to my surprise) how low of an output a Shure SM7B
has, I'm pretty excited about this 20mv/PA.

It comes with a foam windscreen and a shockmount. I'm getting
interested in this mic for basic spoken word podcasting stuff. I saw

If anybody has tried this mic, I'd love to hear what the pros around
here think about it.

I was also thinking about this Sterling Audio one, since it can run
cardioid, figure 8, and omni:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-a...71356000000000

But I think most people would talk me into using cardioid for spoken-
word-near-a-notebook-computer work, so then the 214 starts looking
like more sensible.