iamdom iamdom is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamdom

Hi folks, just joined this forum. I'm wondering if someone here is
familiar with an old bipolar transistor mic amp that I have had among my
collection for about 20 years.

Phil Allison[_3_] replied:

** Looks very much like something made specially for the ABC - probably
by AWA.

The 4 pin Canon mic input connector is an ABC standard.

AWA had a close business connection with RCA and the design is clearly by
RCA.

For the uninitiated:
AWA = Amalgamated Wireless Australia.
ABC = Australian Broadcasting Corporation.

Google is your friend.....
..... Phil
thanx for the reply, and especially the info, Phil.

i wasn't aware that ABC used 4 pin cannon plugs as a standard. it's wonderful to know and it helps to determine the ABC tag at the front is extremely likely made for, or, from the ABC [per as i thought].

Are you suggesting the design is RCA but the unit was built by AWA? i would have thought RCA designed and also made it? After all they had the facility, then. Could you clarify? please.

thanks,
Dom