Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default The web's prime bore

I haven't a clue what this message ( see below)is mumbling to
convey and no intention of of poring over it.
No change in this yappers modus operandi. He sleuthes for a
pretext to start snapping at someone's ankles hoping to ignite a
pointless endless exchange about nothing very much except for messages
trumpeting " Its me ScottW. Can you hear me?"
Nothing ever about audio. Plenty about grade IV "science" TM
ScottW. Plenty also about his fascinating views of how to treat Latinos
whom Californians allow to enter to do their less pleasant chores and
then are upset when they don't want to leave.
He's invited to go and snap somewhere else. I won't enter his
idiot game. SHP is at least entertaining at times. ScottW is just an
ultimate, audio illiterate, obnoxious bore.
If he buzzes again I'll just repeat this mesage
and add evidence of his illiteracy to boot.
Ludovic Mirabel

"Note to Shovels" thread, April 20
ScottW. says:'
wrote:
Apologies,I underestimated your literacy.
It took you just 15 minutes to figure out that semiliterate bore, that
I tactfully refrained from naming, spouting his political views to a
captive RAO audience was you Mr. WScott.

Is the concept of replying to a post really that far over your head?

I'll try to remember that your rants are often generally rather
than specifically addressed and posts that may appear to be a
response are really
simply random post placement out of your control.

You're a splatter poster which ranks you just below troll and
just above spammer.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

The irony of creating a new thread simply to complain about
me is kind of hypocritical...don't you think?

On an audio note I recently got to hear a 2 watt SET amp driving a pair of
ZU MK4 Druids. Amazing ability to put an image in space.
Better than my Quads in this regard. I wonder if this was due to the
single full range driver design (the tweeter crosses in at 12K) of the
Druids.
With individual vocals and and single instruments the ability to
present an illusion of it happening right there was quite incredible.

Happy now deLudo? ooop...almost forgot .

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
soundhaspriority

"ScottW" wrote in message
newszt2g.5129$fG3.811@dukeread09...

" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Probably the room. Of course, if you give your Quads a lube job with my
special Audio Chassis Morphic Extreme Pressure Grease, the image will just
snap right in for you.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
soundhaspriority

"ScottW" wrote in message
newszt2g.5129$fG3.811@dukeread09...

" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Not necessarily. It strikes me as odd for someone who really can and does
contribute, such as yourself, that you rely so much on sarcasm.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

"soundhaspriority" wrote in message

"ScottW" wrote in message
newszt2g.5129$fG3.811@dukeread09...

" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Would you prefer I explicitly called you a dumb ass when warranted
rather than sarcastically inferring it, Bob?

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
George M. Middius

Scooter tries to validate Shovels' inadequate language and thinking
skills.

Would you prefer I explicitly called you a dumb ass when warranted
rather than sarcastically inferring it, Bob?

I think I have this figured out, Scottie -- you're a plant. That's it,
right? You inhale carbon dioxide and exhale oxygen, just the opposite of
animals.

If there's another explanation for your spastic spattering of language
fragments, I'm all ears.

--
A day without Krooger is like a day without arsenic.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Scooter tries to validate Shovels' inadequate language and thinking
skills.

Would you prefer I explicitly called you a dumb ass when warranted
rather than sarcastically inferring it, Bob?

I think I have this figured out, Scottie -- you're a plant. That's it,
right? You inhale carbon dioxide and exhale oxygen, just the opposite of
animals.

That would make me far more desirable than you who consumes oxygen
and produces the equivalent of sulfur dioxide and methane.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
soundhaspriority

"ScottW" wrote in message
newszt2g.5129$fG3.811@dukeread09...

" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Scott, in spite of your recurring impoliteness, I refuse to retract the
observation that you say a lot of interesting things. Maybe you should
reconsider your "schtick."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
soundhaspriority

"George M. Middius" cmndr [underscore] george [at] comcast [dot] net wrote
in message ...

Scooter tries to validate Shovels' inadequate language and thinking
skills.

Would you prefer I explicitly called you a dumb ass when warranted
rather than sarcastically inferring it, Bob?

I think I have this figured out, Scottie -- you're a plant. That's it,
right? You inhale carbon dioxide and exhale oxygen, just the opposite of
animals.

If there's another explanation for your spastic spattering of language
fragments, I'm all ears.

It strikes me, as it probably strikes Ludovic, that Scott's schtick is so
purposeless, he's the equivalent of a molecule being kicked about by
Brownian Motion.

Scott is an irritable molecule.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 18:05:23 -0400, "soundhaspriority"
wrote:

Scott, in spite of your recurring impoliteness, I refuse to retract the
observation that you say a lot of interesting things.

Especially if you're interested in US politics. Zzzzzzzzzzz...........

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

"ScottW" wrote in message
newszt2g.5129$fG3.811@dukeread09...

" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Awww shucks...ok....

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default The wit and wisdom of Scott W.

THE WIT:
"Only in America... How DID you get in?
I fear you are a bovine spongiform encephalitis risk to
the nation. ScottW
Schoolyard humour " Would you prefer I explicitly
called you a dumb ass when warranted
rather than sarcastically inferring it, Bob?"
Clever puns: Happy now DeLudo?
THE WISDOM:

Instructing someone defenceless: "NoNoNo... it must be
salicylic
acid ... aspirin is only converted to
pain reliever in the intestine... but salicylic acid is
the real pain killer and it can act as mild acid flux.
.Wart remover will do in a pinch.
"aspirin is only converted to
pain reliever in the intestine... but salicylic acid is
the real pain killer and it can act as mild acid flux."

Of course aspirin IS acetyl salicylic
acid (ASA for short)- and so is "wart remover". No need
for "conversion in the intestine" and
"mild acid flux". No prizes for the NoNoNo shrill science.

--------------------------------------
CLEAR THINKING , PENETRATING EXPOSITION, EXEMPLARY STYLE
The irony of creating a new thread simply to complain about
me is kind of hypocritical...don't you think?

Yes this irony does feel very hypocritical. Hypocrisy of this irony is
very ironic.
.. Anyone feels a little unwell? I'll stop for
now. But there is plenty more should the need arise
Ludovic Mirabel

ScottW wrote:
" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"ScottW" wrote in message
newszt2g.5129$fG3.811@dukeread09...

" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

you might as well tell what was wrong with all this.
I'm surprised you're so positive right now.

There wasn't much bass, there wasn't much treble.
Lord knows, I worship the importance
of sweet and fluid mid range, but....
Hey, I know a torture test we forgot to impose on them
Rap or Hip Hop!!! all bass and treble, litlte mids.
I would be surprised if any sound got through at all!

Come to think of it,
Marc's set up would work great as a noise cancelling device
for rap music.

Somehow, I still enjoyed them, though I would never choose to own them.
What there was certainly wasn't everything, but what there was, was nice.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

" wrote in message
ups.com...
THE WISDOM:

Instructing someone defenceless: "NoNoNo... it must be
salicylic
acid ... aspirin is only converted to
pain reliever in the intestine...

You're right deLudo...I was wrong..its the liver
where conversion takes place.
http://health.howstuffworks.com/aspirin1.htm

but salicylic acid is
the real pain killer and it can act as mild acid flux.
.Wart remover will do in a pinch.
"aspirin is only converted to
pain reliever in the intestine... but salicylic acid is
the real pain killer and it can act as mild acid flux."

Of course aspirin IS acetyl salicylic
acid (ASA for short)-

Which isn't the same as salicylic acid, see above
for chemical structures.

and so is "wart remover".

Nope sorry... I'm looking at a bottle of Tinamed wart
remover and it is 17% salicylic acid. Not ASA.

Sorry for being a stickler for the facts deLudo, I know that
sucks for someone like you who.....well lets just
say you have less devotion to the truth than your own agenda.
Ooops...damn that sarcasm is creeping in again.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message
.. .

"ScottW" wrote in message
newszt2g.5129$fG3.811@dukeread09...

" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

He said he intends to add a sub.... and there is the
possibility that his preamp (which was wan't working)
provided some HF compensation so....

I was still very impressed with the ability to create
that illusion of voice or single strings plucked right there
in space.
Was it the speakers or the SET?
The good news is I know my preamp doesn't prevent that
sound from coming through so I need to look elsewhere
in my system. I'm starting with my speaker tweeks.

Lord knows, I worship the importance
of sweet and fluid mid range, but....
Hey, I know a torture test we forgot to impose on them
Rap or Hip Hop!!! all bass and treble, litlte mids.
I would be surprised if any sound got through at all!

Come to think of it,
Marc's set up would work great as a noise cancelling device
for rap music.

Somehow, I still enjoyed them, though I would never choose to own them.
What there was certainly wasn't everything, but what there was, was nice.

Yup.... and I want it all..... and I want it now.

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

I would not clutter up the forum debating medicine and biochemistry
with functional illiterates but I have a warning. His web source,
obviously written by an MD researcher rather than a practicing
gastro-enterologist may convey the impression that aspirin is
completely safe.
Aspirin was and still is a platelet ie. clotting inhibitor.
In large doses or in sensitive individuals it may cause bleeding. In
fact it was unusual to see severe peptic ulcer bleed (rare nowadays
because of effective newer drugs) that was not precipitated by alcohol
or aspirin abuse.

In the "How aspirin works" thread our own biochemistry-
gastroenterology ( and audio, and immigration policy and....)expert
WScott"
had said... "NoNoNo....aspirin is only converted to pain
reliever in the intestine... but salicylic acid is the real pain
killer and it can act as mild acid flux."
I pointed out that aspirin IS the "real pain killer" and
"conversion", liver or intestine or wherever, is just the usual
processing to which the body subjects everything ingested .

No thanks from ScottW. Instead he now attempts to
manipulate the tracks- something like the squid releasing ink to
confuse the issue:
He found a web source
" Of course aspirin IS acetyl salicylic acid (ASA for
short)- Which isn't the same as salicylic acid, see above for chemical
structures."

And so what Mr. Scott? Who wants it to be?
A quote from his own web research (page 1): ".
He.. (discoverer of aspirin) found that ASA not only could reduce fever
and relieve pain and swelling, but he believed it was better for the
stomach and worked EVEN BETTER THAN SALICYLIC ACID"

No thanks from ScottW. for my gentle red pencil. Instead
he now attempts to sidetrack trhe engine- something like the squid
releasing ink to cloud the context:

He quotes me: " Of course aspirin IS acetyl salicylic
acid (ASA for short)"-
And harumphs " Which isn't the same as salicylic acid, see above for
chemical structures."

Quite Mr. Scott, quite. And your point is?

May be I'm misjudging him. Maybe his real problem is
inability to comprehend anything beyond an RAO posting.
" It is... broken down in the liver"
Liver or gut; those who learnt human physiology not from the
web but from textbooks, lab work and exams. know that almost
everything that we ingest (other than fibre) gets broken down
somewhere in the body:by the enzymes in the saliva, stomach, liver,
kidneys, intestine before it gets excreted. What matters is the
active ingredient or pleasing taste: Meat is broken down to proteins
and fats and eventually to even simpler chemicals. And it is still
meat when we eat it. Aspirin is the active ingredient in aspirin BEFORE
it gets broken down to salicylic acid.

Next, awaiting a lesson in cardiology from this
bumbling web researcher. It adds to the hilarity of the nation.
Alternatively he could attend an evening course in understanding
printed text

I give him the composition of his one patent brand of
wart remover Salicylic acid is OK.... on warts. 17% of it like in the
brand he stumbled on or more.

There is progress though. He no longer screams: "You're a
liar" like he used to when at a loss.
Nowadays he uses clever, clever innuendo,
Nor does he does repeat his "You two old farts" subtle debating
ploy.
Who knows - given time even he will cotton onto decent kindergarten
manners before the teacher sends him out to wash his mouth out.
Ludovic Mirabel
-------------------

ScottW wrote:
" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
ScottW

" wrote in message
oups.com...

I would not clutter up the forum

but you did.... again.... and for no other purpose
than to obfuscate around your own ineptitude.

Retirement didn't come too soon for you, did it?

ScottW

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

ScottW wrote:
" wrote in message
oups.com...

I would not clutter up the forum

but you did.... again.... and for no other purpose
than to obfuscate around your own ineptitude.

Retirement didn't come too soon for you, did it?

ScottW

My favourite illiterate discovered the Webster. He found
there
two lovely long words- new to him. "Obfuscate" and "ineptitude?
He puts them together. But "to obfuscate your ineptitude"
is too simple for him. For added punch and stylistic felicity he
inserts
"around"
..... and coins new usage for Fowler Thesaurus to accept.
A barrel of laughs ScottW. is and no mistake.
Ludovic Mirabel