Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Andre Jute

Default What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

You clearly pontificate in the expectation that your opinions will be
treated with respect. It is a fair question to ask what you think you
might have done to earn that respect.

The rest of you guys, give Mr Krueger the same chance to answer you
would expect him to give you.

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Alan Rutlidge

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com...
What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

You clearly pontificate in the expectation that your opinions will be
treated with respect. It is a fair question to ask what you think you
might have done to earn that respect.

The rest of you guys, give Mr Krueger the same chance to answer you
would expect him to give you.

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review

Andre,

How's that saying go? "Get a life!"

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Arny Krueger

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

Globally? ABX.

Every time I mix another recording or live event I do a tiny little
*something* for audio, about the same as anybody else.

You clearly pontificate in the expectation that your
opinions will be treated with respect.

Not at all. Given that I post on RAO and AAPLS it is a sure thing that my
posts there will be treated with disrespect.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Margaret von B.

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

Globally? ABX.

Every time I mix another recording or live event I do a tiny little
*something* for audio, about the same as anybody else.

You clearly pontificate in the expectation that your
opinions will be treated with respect.

Not at all. Given that I post on RAO and AAPLS it is a sure thing that my
posts there will be treated with disrespect.

How about ProSoundWeb?

Cheers,

Margaret

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Arny Krueger

"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

Globally? ABX.

Every time I mix another recording or live event I do a
tiny little *something* for audio, about the same as
anybody else.
You clearly pontificate in the expectation that your
opinions will be treated with respect.

Not at all. Given that I post on RAO and AAPLS it is a
sure thing that my posts there will be treated with
disrespect.

How about ProSoundWeb?

It was fun while it lasted, but as usual around here idiocy, fear and hatred
prevailed.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Margaret von B.

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

Globally? ABX.

Every time I mix another recording or live event I do a
tiny little *something* for audio, about the same as
anybody else.
You clearly pontificate in the expectation that your
opinions will be treated with respect.

Not at all. Given that I post on RAO and AAPLS it is a
sure thing that my posts there will be treated with
disrespect.

How about ProSoundWeb?

It was fun while it lasted, but as usual around here idiocy, fear and
hatred prevailed.

Just how long/how many posts did it last?

Cheers,

Margaret

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Arny Krueger

"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

Globally? ABX.

Every time I mix another recording or live event I do a
tiny little *something* for audio, about the same as
anybody else.
You clearly pontificate in the expectation that your
opinions will be treated with respect.

Not at all. Given that I post on RAO and AAPLS it is a
sure thing that my posts there will be treated with
disrespect.

How about ProSoundWeb?

It was fun while it lasted, but as usual around here
idiocy, fear and hatred prevailed.

Just how long/how many posts did it last?

Go look for yourself.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Margaret von B.

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
news
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

Globally? ABX.

Every time I mix another recording or live event I do a
tiny little *something* for audio, about the same as
anybody else.
You clearly pontificate in the expectation that your
opinions will be treated with respect.

Not at all. Given that I post on RAO and AAPLS it is a
sure thing that my posts there will be treated with
disrespect.

How about ProSoundWeb?

It was fun while it lasted, but as usual around here
idiocy, fear and hatred prevailed.

Just how long/how many posts did it last?

Go look for yourself.

:-)

I'm sorry for your repeated failures to find a crowd that would tolerate
you. Have you tried a cemetary?

Cheers,

Margaret

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Arny Krueger

"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
news
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

Globally? ABX.

Every time I mix another recording or live event I
do a tiny little *something* for audio, about the
same as anybody else.
You clearly pontificate in the expectation that your
opinions will be treated with respect.

Not at all. Given that I post on RAO and AAPLS it is
a sure thing that my posts there will be treated with
disrespect.

How about ProSoundWeb?

It was fun while it lasted, but as usual around here
idiocy, fear and hatred prevailed.

Just how long/how many posts did it last?

Go look for yourself.

:-)

I'm sorry for your repeated failures to find a crowd that
would tolerate you. Have you tried a cemetary?

No Maggie I didn't try a cemetary, I didn't want to chance catching you "in
the act".

Now that's a scary thought!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Margaret von B.

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
news
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

[...]

Which act would that be? Please be more specific so no one misunderstands.

Now that's a scary thought!

Ditto.

Cheers,

Margaret

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Arny Krueger

"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
news "Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

[...]

Normally Maggie, I'd say "Let your conscience be your guide", but you're so
proud of not having one. I just don't know what to say to someone with
ethics as low as yours.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Margaret von B.

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
news "Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

[...]

So in other words you're immersed in your own fantasies so perverse that you
haven't got the guts to describe them in a rare moment of sanity. But the
reality is that you've been rejected, and ejected, by yet another group of
people. Sad.

With a record like yours, you're unqualified to talk about ethics.

http://lnk.in/34k4

http://lnk.in/34k5

http://lnk.in/34k6

Cheers,

Margaret

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 12:28:33 GMT, "Margaret von B."
wrote:

I'm sorry for your repeated failures to find a crowd that would tolerate
you. Have you tried a cemetary?

Cheers,

Margaret

It works for Stewart:

"One of the joys of English country life, the 'ladies of a certain
age'are pretty darned 'earthy' "!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

wrote:

I'm sorry for your repeated failures to find a crowd that would tolerate
you. Have you tried a cemetary?

Cheers,

Margaret

It works for Stewart:

....Says our lonely Tennessean shoes shiner. :-D

--
"Nobody seemes to have actaully read what i wrote.
But what's new around here?"

Dave Weil, Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:57:15
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Robert Morein

"Margaret von B." wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
news "Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Margaret von B." wrote in
message
"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

[...]

We should also remember that, by Arny's account, he was severely beaten,
presumably starting with a verbal altercation. Yet all he remembers is the
medical outcome.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

wrote:

I'm sorry for your repeated failures to find a crowd that would tolerate
you. Have you tried a cemetary?

Cheers,

Margaret

It works for Stewart:

...Says our lonely Tennessean shoes shiner. :-D

Nice riposte, our little French cuckold...

Glad to have given you something to do as soon as you get home...

....shame that "lonely" isn't particularly accurate...

cue standard "onanism" palaver

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Peter Larsen

Andre Jute wrote:

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

As asked, in my opinbion: His web sites. His r.a.t. participation,
repair advice included.

Andre Jute

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
dave weil

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 19:55:45 +0100, Peter Larsen
wrote:

Andre Jute wrote:

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

As asked, in my opinbion: His web sites. His r.a.t. participation,
repair advice included.

Andre Jute

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

The question was what he had done FOR audio, not TO audio.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

dave weil a écrit :

...shame that "lonely" isn't particularly accurate...

Do you still have your mother at home ? :-)

--
Nobody seemes to have actaully read what i wrote.
But what's new around here?

Dave Weil - Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:57:15 -0500
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 20:08:36 +0100, Lionel
wrote:

dave weil a écrit :

...shame that "lonely" isn't particularly accurate...

Do you still have your mother at home ? :-)

I guess you've just lost the moral high ground...

....oh wait, you can't lose what you never had.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

wrote:

dave weil a écrit :

...shame that "lonely" isn't particularly accurate...

Do you still have your mother at home ? :-)

I guess you've just lost the moral high ground...

Says the guy who is insulting my family since several weeks on this NG...

...oh wait, you can't lose what you never had.

:-D

--
"Nobody seemes to have actaully read what i wrote.
But what's new around here?"

Dave Weil, Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:57:15
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo

wrote:

Andre Jute wrote:

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

As asked, in my opinbion: His web sites. His r.a.t. participation,
repair advice included.

Andre Jute

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

The question was what he had done FOR audio, not TO audio.

Arny does have some good knowledge and has made some useful contributions to
discussions at times

Sadly he is more well known today for the spectacular results of his mental
illness and his constant humiliation. Before that set in he was a respected
and well-known contributor on domestic hifi and computer soundcards. Since
then he has become nothing more than a figure of fun. Hopefully his friends
(if he has any left) or family will do an intervention on him some time soon
and he will get the help he needs so he can get back to being a useful
contributor, earning back the respect he once had.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

wrote:

dave weil a écrit :

...shame that "lonely" isn't particularly accurate...

Do you still have your mother at home ? :-)

I guess you've just lost the moral high ground...

Says the guy who is insulting my family since several weeks on this NG...

Yep.

How's the wife these days?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Lionel

wrote:

dave weil a écrit :

...shame that "lonely" isn't particularly accurate...

Do you still have your mother at home ? :-)

I guess you've just lost the moral high ground...

Says the guy who is insulting my family since several weeks on this NG...

Yep.

How's the wife these days?

Well. Your mother ?

--
"Nobody seemes to have actaully read what i wrote.
But what's new around here?"

Dave Weil, Sun, 05 Oct 2003 00:57:15
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Arny Krueger

"Phildo" wrote in message

Sadly he is more well known today for the spectacular
results of his mental illness and his constant
humiliation.

I'll only tell this to you once, for pretty obvious reasons. So Phildo
listen up!

People who make a bit point of going around calling other people mentally
ill often are a bit unnh overstressed themselves.

People who make a habit of regularly bragging about how they have humiliated
other people obviously have some pretty severe personality issues of their
own.

The hidden irony of that phrase "Paranoid Personality Disorder" is that one
strong symptom of PPD is talking about it all the time, and accusing others
of having it.

If the shoe fits, wear it!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Peter Larsen

Arny Krueger wrote:

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

Globally? ABX.

Arny, I am not _really_ sure you invented that concept, but you
certainly promoted it and made it easy to do it computer based.

Kind regards & Seasons Greetings

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Bret Ludwig

Arny Krueger wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

Globally? ABX.

ABX is a nonsolution to a nonproblem of noninterest to anyone. Why
don't you build a tube amp and have some fun? You will never convince
anyone they don't sound better, any more than you will convince the
Pope the Immaculate Conception is not in the Bible and that Mary was
not beamed up to the celestial starship. Or Margaret that she has a
fishy issue to deal with.

Why don't you build something useful like a car that doesn't rust or a
homebuilt airplane that doesn't take a piece of **** Lycoming engine?
If audio is a solved problem, listen to your QSC amps and do something
different.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

wrote:

dave weil a écrit :

...shame that "lonely" isn't particularly accurate...

Do you still have your mother at home ? :-)

I guess you've just lost the moral high ground...

Says the guy who is insulting my family since several weeks on this NG...

Yep.

How's the wife these days?

Well. Your mother ?

As you already know, she's been dead for a few years now.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
dave weil

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 16:01:47 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

The hidden irony of that phrase "Paranoid Personality Disorder" is that one
strong symptom of PPD is talking about it all the time, and accusing others
of having it.

You mean, like now?

Or like this:

Dr. Gindi: PARANOID PERSONALITY DISORDER

A. pervasive distrust and suspiciousness of others such that their
motives are interpreted as malevolent, beginning by early adulthood
and present
in a variety of contexts, as indicated by four (or more) of the
following:

1-suspects, without sufficient basis, that others are exploiting,
harming, or deceiving him or her
2- is preoccupied with unjustified doubts about the loyalty or
trustworthiness of friends or associates
3- is reluctant to confide in others because of unwarranted fear
that the information will be used maliciously against him or her
4- reads hidden demeaning or threatening meanings into benign
remarks or events
5-persistently bears grudges, i.e., is unforgiving of insults,
injuries, or slights
6- perceives attacks on his or her character or reputation that are
not apparent to others and is quick to react angrily or to
counterattack
7-has recurrent suspicions, without justification, regarding
fidelity of spouse or sexual partner

Arnold: Is that your excuse, Dr. Gindi?

I guess, in this case, he's just aking acue from a former Detroit
mayor, who conspicuously talked about paranoia...

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Phildo

wrote:

The hidden irony of that phrase "Paranoid Personality Disorder" is that
one
strong symptom of PPD is talking about it all the time, and accusing
others
of having it.

No it isn't Arny. You just love to project your faults on to other people.
There are a number of symptoms though, most of which you fit perfectly:

"The person with a Paranoid Personality Disorder essentially has an ongoing,
unbased suspiciousness and distrust of people. Along with this, they are
emotionally detached. In order to have this diagnosis, the person would have
to have seen others as having malevolent intentions, by early adulthood in
different situations, as indicated by a number of different factors. These
factors include: suspicion that others are exploiting, or deceiving them,
that others may not be loyal or trustworthy, believes there are threats or
attacks on their character in innocent statements that others do not see,
and bears persistent grudges. Additionally, this is not a diagnosis which
would be used if the person also has Paranoid Schizophrenia, a separate
diagnosis, for example, among other diagnosis which would exclude it.

As a rule, those with paranoid personality disorders can be very draining to
be around, as their constant habit of blame and suspicion makes one feel the
need to reassure them on an ongoing basis. Unfortunately, when reassurances
are made, those with this disorder hear contradictory evidence. They view it
as more evidence that harm will be done to them.

They tend to think in hierarchy: who controls the power. They want to know
who has the power in any given situation. They tend to drive people away
from them, and thus have few friends, proving to themselves even more that
there is a conspiracy afoot against them. This leads them to have a very
lonely life.

Treatment of Paranoid Personality Disorder is difficult because they
automatically distrust the therapist. A business-like approach, without
"insight oriented therapy" is best indicated."

The sooner you admit you have a problem and get help Arny, the sooner you
can get well.

Phildo

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
George M. Middius

Peter Larsen said:

Arny, I am not _really_ sure you invented that concept [aBxism], but you
certainly promoted it and made it easy to do it computer based.

..... if all you want to test is computer-based snippets of sounds
without an actual audio system.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Margaret von B.

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
Arny Krueger wrote:

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

Globally? ABX.

Arny, I am not _really_ sure you invented that concept, but you
certainly promoted it and made it easy to do it computer based.

Well, at least he stole it globally.

Cheers,

Margaret

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
dave weil a écrit :

...shame that "lonely" isn't particularly accurate...

Do you still have your mother at home ? :-)

Will yours have you?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Peter Larsen

"George M. Middius" wrote:

Peter Larsen said:

Arny, I am not _really_ sure you invented that concept [aBxism],
but you certainly promoted it and made it easy to do it computer
based.

.... if all you want to test is computer-based snippets of sounds
without an actual audio system.

Quality audio today is computer based and an actual audio system
consisting of a computer, a power amp and a pair of loudspeakers is very
cost efficient. You are however quite right that it is for comparing
digitized audio. Some months ago I was on a listening panel listening to
alternative versions of the new Elberg MD12 MK2, see:

http://vadlyd.dk/English/RIAA_and_78_RPM_preamp.html

tests were blind and remote, ie. all participants listened to a couple
of CD's with audio from the different versions that were betatested and
rated them. A very procedure because the entire panel could listen on
each their preferred playback systems.

Kind regards & Seasons Greetings

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Arny Krueger

"Peter Larsen" wrote in
message
Arny Krueger wrote:

"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

Globally? ABX.

Arny, I am not _really_ sure you invented that concept,
but you certainly promoted it and made it easy to do it
computer based.

Check the ABX JAES paper by Clark. I'm in it.

Ask Clark - he'll tell you that I built the first ABX Comparator and did the
first ABX test. You can find Clark's phone at his DLC Design web site:

http://www.dlcdesignaudio.com/

Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes,alt.audio.pro.live-sound
Arny Krueger

"Bret Ludwig" wrote in message
oups.com
Arny Krueger wrote:
"Andre Jute" wrote in message
oups.com

What have you ever done for audio, Arny?

Globally? ABX.

ABX is a nonsolution to a nonproblem of noninterest to
anyone.

Yeah sure. That's why all those 1,000's of people have downloaded software
and test files from www.pcabx.com. That's why the origional ABX Compartor
article was referred and published in the JAES.

Why don't you build a tube amp and have some fun?

By the time we built the 60 or so comparators that we sold in the 80s, we
already had good SS amps.

BTW some of our earliest tests compared good tubed amps (not SETs) to good
SS amps.

You will never convince anyone they don't sound better,
any more than you will convince the Pope the Immaculate
Conception is not in the Bible and that Mary was not
beamed up to the celestial starship. Or Margaret that she
has a fishy issue to deal with.

We've already convinced 1,000's of people. If you are not convinced, well
good for you!

Why don't you build something useful like a car that
doesn't rust or a homebuilt airplane that doesn't take a
piece of **** Lycoming engine? If audio is a solved
problem, listen to your QSC amps and do something
different.

After we did the original ABX work we got really interested in loudspeakers
and rooms.