Margaret von Busenhalter

Default Blaupunkt Chicago IVDM-7002 & DX-V navigation unit opinions needed

I'm thinking of getting one of these installed in my SUV with the optional
navigation unit and Sirius tuner. How does this unit measure against the
competition? Is the Blaupunkt navigation unit any good? Are the Blaupunkt
tuners good at pulling in distant stations? I've tried to find reviews of
this unit on the net but cannot come up with any. I like its clean styling
and full feature set.

On a side note, how does one implement a center channel in a SUV without
cutting up the dash.

Thanks!

Margaret

Paul Vina

I've founf the Blaupunkt tuners to be some of, if not the, best on the
market. Their Navi is really nice as well. Is it as polished as the Alpine
or Pioneer? No. Will it get you from point A to point B? Yes.

Paul Vina

"Margaret von Busenhalter" wrote in message
I'm thinking of getting one of these installed in my SUV with the optional
navigation unit and Sirius tuner. How does this unit measure against the
competition? Is the Blaupunkt navigation unit any good? Are the Blaupunkt
tuners good at pulling in distant stations? I've tried to find reviews of
this unit on the net but cannot come up with any. I like its clean styling
and full feature set.

On a side note, how does one implement a center channel in a SUV without
cutting up the dash.

Thanks!

Margaret

John Opezdol

Default Blaupunkt Chicago IVDM-7002 & DX-V navigation unit opinions needed [OT]

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
I've founf the Blaupunkt tuners to be some of, if not the, best on the
market. Their Navi is really nice as well. Is it as polished as the

Alpine
or Pioneer? No. Will it get you from point A to point B? Yes.

They also make one of the crappiest MP3 players I've seen though. I have a
second generation
San Jose that HEAVILY distorts some mp3s just as the first generation San
Jose reportedly did.
Unlike my old AIWA it does not skip _on mp3 tracks_! (How did Aiwa managed
to make a unit
that skipped while playing mp3s is beyond my understanding).

John Opezdol

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
newsYeYb.47042$_44.45909@attbi_s52...
I don't think too many people looking for an in-dash dvd player/screen

will
be terribly concerned with mp3 playback.

But if they eventually to try out that function would not they be terribly
****ed about
artifacts they'd find after having spent $1k ?

It's not just slightly distorted audio mind you. It actually literally
_hurts_ my ears at the low volume.
I don't know how to describe it. It sounds kind of like when a player skips
or when there is a faulty connection. At first I thought it's a problem with
my mp3s, but they play fine
on PC. Then I thought it's a problem with my unit, but nope, a coworker of
mine that
has the first generation San Jose told me his is the same. It's broken as
designed.
Why the heck did not he tell me when I was planning to buy the same player
as his??? :-(
Anyhow, so much for Blaupunkt mp3 playback.