JR

Default Opinions needed on Tac Scorpion II console....

How is the sound quality of these boards...I have not worked on one in
say 15 years or so and at that time I was in awe at anything bigger than
8 channels...so I am trying to replace my digital o2R's with my Logic
system and just need inputs, talkback and monitoring, not using it to
mix at all...any ideas on if this will work for me? Can anyone compare
it to a Ramsa 820B? Now that I used for a few years...noisy but nice
fat sound....this may be an option for me as well as I have found a few
very cheap.

JR
Fill X

you might do a google search on this, there's plenty that's been said already.

P h i l i p

______________________________

"I'm too ****ing busy and vice-versa"

- Dorothy Parker

reddred

"JR" wrote in message
How is the sound quality of these boards...I have not worked on one in
say 15 years or so and at that time I was in awe at anything bigger than
8 channels...so I am trying to replace my digital o2R's with my Logic
system and just need inputs, talkback and monitoring,

Why do you want to replace both 02r's? It seems to me you could use an 02r
as a front end just fine. What is it, the sample rate?

jb

JR

Why do you want to replace both 02r's? It seems to me you could use an 02r
as a front end just fine. What is it, the sample rate?

Exactly...and I don't wanna replace them with 96K boards just to replace
them again in a few years for a 192K board....

JR

JR

Put analog I/O cards into your console. That never goes out of date,
and you already have an investment both in money and learning in the
02R.

Huh? What good will that do....lets see....I am recording at 192K, then
going into my digital board at....48K, why record at 192K? Or...what if
I wanna go into my computer from the board...take my keyboards, go into
my console at 48K....1 A/D, then go out of the console into the computer
interface...a D/A at 48K and another A/D at 192K...That's 3
conversions...I would rather have an analog console, that would allow me
to use my keyboards and route them to my computer...at 192K without
extra A/D/A conversions in between and that won't truncate my audio at
any of those stages.

JR