Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

Default question for Middius

wrote in message
ups.com...

George M. Middius wrote:
Robert Morein said:

You recently denigrated Starbucks, remarking that what they do to a
bean is
criminal. Unfortunately, what I do to a bean is worse. I got myself a
Starbucks Barista machine, which makes coffee not as good as Starbucks
in-store coffee. It still makes me happy, yet I realize that I am
distant
from the Coffee High End.

Are you familiar with espresso issues, ie., pressurized portafilters
vs.
nonpressurized, how to avoid bitter shots, etc. ?

Sorry, I'm not an espresso hound. Check out alt.coffee and look for a
post from Randy something or other. He has a website with a
comprehensive overview of homemade espresso.

I will tell you that from what I've seen, the pursuit of the perfect
espresso is every bit as obsessive as the search for the perfect audio
system. Much less costly, though, and much more hands-on.

I stumbled upon this group again by some horrible mistake, and I am
just astounded to see Middius et al still here (I believe I dropped out
about five years ago). It is devastatingly frightning to think that
these inane arguments about audio have been going on (without me) for
all this time.

Happy New Year, George!

Marc Blank

what do you do for espresso?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

wrote in message
ups.com...
Jesus Christ, Arny, you're still here too?? It's mind-boggling!

Marc Blank

Give credit where credit is due.
He stopped trolling with Nate a few years ago,
and it has been "at least" six months since he last accused
one of his 'sockpuppet' 'enemies' of sending hem kiddie porn

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

wrote in message
ups.com...
I stumbled upon this group again by some horrible mistake, and I am
just astounded to see Middius et al still here (I believe I dropped out
about five years ago). It is devastatingly frightning to think that
these inane arguments about audio have been going on (without me) for
all this time.

Yes, Middius is still doing all he can to bring the level of discussion down
to the middle school level.

Happy New Year, George!

Marc Blank

Hi Marc!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

wrote in message
ups.com...

Jesus Christ, Arny, you're still here too?? It's mind-boggling!

I drop in from time to time to feed the animals. I mostly post elsewhere -
my audio hobby has largely turned to live sound and recording.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 06:42:50 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

Jesus Christ, Arny, you're still here too?? It's mind-boggling!

I drop in from time to time to feed the animals.

Tell the truth, Arnie. You look in to see if anyone's disagreed with
you. it's an obsession.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Arny Krueger

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 06:42:50 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...

Jesus Christ, Arny, you're still here too?? It's mind-boggling!

I drop in from time to time to feed the animals.

Tell the truth, Arnie. You look in to see if anyone's disagreed with
you. it's an obsession.

Not at all. People disagree with me here all the time, and often I just
ignore them. For example, I systematically ignore all of Weil's posts, and
have done so for years. I ignore a large percentage of George's and Art's
posts.

Contrary to your ego-centric view of life Paul, RAO is not much of an
interest of mine any more. I really don't put that much effort into
discussing DBTs and "Great debate" issues. No Golden ear has said anything
new or interesting in those areas for years.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
dave weil

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 08:56:20 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Not at all. People disagree with me here all the time, and often I just
ignore them. For example, I systematically ignore all of Weil's posts, and
have done so for years.

Well, over a year, perhaps.

I guess the fear was just too great, especially after getting your
butt kicked regularly...
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
. ..

"paul packer" wrote in message
On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 06:42:50 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

wrote in message
groups.com...

Jesus Christ, Arny, you're still here too?? It's mind-boggling!

I drop in from time to time to feed the animals.

Tell the truth, Arnie. You look in to see if anyone's disagreed with
you. it's an obsession.

Not at all. People disagree with me here all the time, and often I just
ignore them. For example, I systematically ignore all of Weil's posts, and
have done so for years. I ignore a large percentage of George's and Art's
posts.

Contrary to your ego-centric view of life Paul, RAO is not much of an
interest of mine any more. I really don't put that much effort into
discussing DBTs and "Great debate" issues. No Golden ear has said anything
new or interesting in those areas for years.

IT's so simple, DBT's are stupid on the face of it
AS far as arguments go, been there, done that!

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
paul packer

wrote:

Contrary to your ego-centric view of life Paul, RAO is not much of an
interest of mine any more. I really don't put that much effort into
discussing DBTs and "Great debate" issues. No Golden ear has said anything
new or interesting in those areas for years.

Not sure what my egocentricity has to do with it, but I'm not
surprised you've tired of the game. How long has it been now that
you've been sparring with the same people about the same things in the
same way? Even small children tire of repetition eventually.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

Contrary to your ego-centric view of life Paul, RAO is not much of an
interest of mine any more. I really don't put that much effort into
discussing DBTs and "Great debate" issues. No Golden ear has said anything
new or interesting in those areas for years.

Not sure what my egocentricity has to do with it, but I'm not
surprised you've tired of the game. How long has it been now that
you've been sparring with the same people about the same things in the
same way?

My last major change of tactics was building www.pcabx.com which continues
to be massivly sucessful. That was about 4 years ago.

Even small children tire of repetition eventually.

Why mess with success?