Posted to rec.audio.pro
Martin Doppelbauer Martin Doppelbauer is offline

Default Music Store in Las Vegas/Santa Fe/Albuquerque

Next week I'm going on vacation, starting in Las Vegas then going to Santa
Fe / Albuquerque and back to Las Vegas.
I'm looking for a professional music store which carries Audio Technica
microphones (specifically the AT4073A shotgun).
Anybody knows such a store in one of these cities (or elsewhere along the
route) ?
I know B&H carries the mike for less than $600 but we're not stopping in New
York.
Thanks.
Martin

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Martin Doppelbauer wrote:
Next week I'm going on vacation, starting in Las Vegas then going to Santa
Fe / Albuquerque and back to Las Vegas.
I'm looking for a professional music store which carries Audio Technica
microphones (specifically the AT4073A shotgun).

You will not find shotguns in a music store. You are going to need to
go to a special purpose store that sells film sound gear.

Anybody knows such a store in one of these cities (or elsewhere along the
route) ?
I know B&H carries the mike for less than $600 but we're not stopping in New
York.

How about musicians-gear.de?
--scot
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Aug 4, 3:14 pm, "Martin Doppelbauer"
wrote:
Next week I'm going on vacation, starting in Las Vegas then going to Santa
Fe / Albuquerque and back to Las Vegas.
I'm looking for a professional music store which carries Audio Technica
microphones (specifically the AT4073A shotgun).

Yeah, that's a real hub of professional audio production there. Sure
you don't want to go to Los Angeles instead of going to Las Vegas
twice? Honestly, I don't think you'll find an A-T shotgun at any store
you can walk into other than in New York, San Francisco, or Los
Angeles.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] sheltech@yahoo.com is offline

On Aug 4, 1:14 pm, "Martin Doppelbauer"
wrote:
Next week I'm going on vacation, starting in Las Vegas then going to Santa
Fe / Albuquerque and back to Las Vegas.
I'm looking for a professional music store which carries Audio Technica
microphones (specifically the AT4073A shotgun).
Anybody knows such a store in one of these cities (or elsewhere along the
route) ?
I know B&H carries the mike for less than $600 but we're not stopping in New
York.
Thanks.
Martin

Grandma's Music & Sound is the biggest store around NM , and you can
shop online to see if they have what you want . Should show up easy in
a search.

Dar

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Martin Doppelbauer Martin Doppelbauer is offline

Thanks, I found them.
I doubt they'll have the mike but I'm going to stop by anyhow.
I know Los Angeles is a much better place for shopping for a shotgun but
we're not getting there this time.
Martin

oups.com...
wrote:
Next week I'm going on vacation, starting in Las Vegas then going to
Santa
Fe / Albuquerque and back to Las Vegas.
I'm looking for a professional music store which carries Audio Technica
microphones (specifically the AT4073A shotgun).
Anybody knows such a store in one of these cities (or elsewhere along the
route) ?
I know B&H carries the mike for less than $600 but we're not stopping in
New
York.
Thanks.
Martin

Grandma's Music & Sound is the biggest store around NM , and you can
shop online to see if they have what you want . Should show up easy in
a search.

Dar

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Aug 5, 12:22 am, wrote:

Grandma's Music & Sound is the biggest store around NM , and you can
shop online to see if they have what you want .

Is it an actual store with stock and displays, that an actual person
can visit? I know it started out that way, but I thought that they
became a mail-order-only operation. While Grandma's got praise for
good service and good prices, I stopped paying attention to them
(years ago) when they instuted a "no returns for refund" policy. I
can't do business that way.

And I also doubt that they'd have a specialized mic like a shotgun,
unless (and I didn't check the model number) it's that little one
that's intended to attach to a consumer type camcorder.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Peter A. Stoll[_2_] Peter A. Stoll[_2_] is offline

Mike Rivers wrote in news:1186312270.049533.13110@
19g2000hsx.googlegroups.com:

On Aug 5, 12:22 am, wrote:

Grandma's Music & Sound is the biggest store around NM , and you can
shop online to see if they have what you want .

Is it an actual store with stock and displays, that an actual person
can visit? I know it started out that way, but I thought that they
became a mail-order-only operation. While Grandma's got praise for
good service and good prices,

Yes, they physical store is pretty large actually. They did move location
to Coors Blvd. on the west side of the river from their long-previous
location in the Northeast Heights a few years ago.

I'd not trust a web search to check their stock--on a previous trial I
found the web site listed far less than what they had on the floor for the
category of interest. A phone call would do far better.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] vdubreeze@earthlink.net is offline

wrote:

Next week I'm going on vacation, starting in Las Vegas then going to Santa
Fe / Albuquerque and back to Las Vegas.
I'm looking for a professional music store which carries Audio Technica
microphones (specifically the AT4073A shotgun).

Yeah, that's a real hub of professional audio production there. Sure
you don't want to go to Los Angeles instead of going to Las Vegas
twice?

Mike, actually there's plenty of video production in Las Vegas, at
least in the way of crew shoots. Friends of mine have been on
several shoots there for a variety of subjects (poker tourney at a
hotel, local profiles, tabloid misc) and didn't have any trouble
renting shotgun mics. I'm assuming that the ease of renting them
means it's at least not that hard to buy one there.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Aug 5, 1:34 pm, wrote:

Mike, actually there's plenty of video production in Las Vegas, at
least in the way of crew shoots. Friends of mine have been on
several shoots there for a variety of subjects (poker tourney at a
hotel, local profiles, tabloid misc) and didn't have any trouble
renting shotgun mics.

That's a totally different thing from retail sales. I've only been to
Las Vegas for NAB shows so I don't get out in the burbs much, but I
never even saw a place to buy guitar strings.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Stu Nevitt Stu Nevitt is offline

"Martin Doppelbauer" wrote in message
Next week I'm going on vacation, starting in Las Vegas then going to Santa
Fe / Albuquerque and back to Las Vegas.
I'm looking for a professional music store which carries Audio Technica
microphones (specifically the AT4073A shotgun).
Anybody knows such a store in one of these cities (or elsewhere along the
route) ?
I know B&H carries the mike for less than $600 but we're not stopping in
New York.
Thanks.
Martin

Martin,
Grandma's is probably your best bet here in ABQ. You would have to call
them to see if they have that particular mic in stock.

Grandma's Music & Sound
9310 Coors Blvd. NW
Albuquerque, NM 87114

Toll-Free 800-444-5252
Local 505-292-0341
Fax 505-293-6184

Stu Nevitt
http://StuNevitt.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Martin Doppelbauer Martin Doppelbauer is offline

Thanks for all your help.
I've mailed Grandma's Music&Sound and waiting for their answer.
The point is, this mike is very hard to get here in Europe and horribly
expensive as well (about twice as much as in the US).
That's why I'm trying to pick one up during my vacation.
Martin

"Stu Nevitt" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Martin Doppelbauer wrote:
Thanks for all your help.
I've mailed Grandma's Music&Sound and waiting for their answer.
The point is, this mike is very hard to get here in Europe and horribly
expensive as well (about twice as much as in the US).
That's why I'm trying to pick one up during my vacation.

So call B&H Photo in NYC and have them ship one to your hotel in Vegas.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:
Martin Doppelbauer wrote:
Thanks for all your help.
I've mailed Grandma's Music&Sound and waiting for their answer.
The point is, this mike is very hard to get here in Europe and horribly
expensive as well (about twice as much as in the US).
That's why I'm trying to pick one up during my vacation.

So call B&H Photo in NYC and have them ship one to your hotel in Vegas.

Oh... OR buy a used Sennheiser MKH 416. You're probably going to wind up
doing that in a few years anyway so you might as well just get it over now.