Eric

Default P-mount cartridges

I am trying to breath life into and old linear tracking turntable.
Last chore is finding a new P-mount cartridge. Does anyone make a
"high end" P-mount cartridge? Audio Technica used to have a couple,
but I can't find any. HELP?
Gene Poon

Eric wrote:

I am trying to breath life into and old linear tracking turntable.
Last chore is finding a new P-mount cartridge. Does anyone make a
"high end" P-mount cartridge? Audio Technica used to have a couple,
but I can't find any. HELP?

MCM Electronics has the Audio-Technica TM3, a good all-round P-mount
cartridge with elliptical stylus. It costs a bit less than MCM's
minimum order, so you may want to buy something else to make up the
difference.

www.mcmelectronics.com

(800) 543-4330
Scott Drysdale

On 14 Jun 2005 23:48:04 GMT, Eric wrote:

I am trying to breath life into and old linear tracking turntable.
Last chore is finding a new P-mount cartridge. Does anyone make a
"high end" P-mount cartridge? Audio Technica used to have a couple,
but I can't find any. HELP?

sumiko's "blue point" high-output MC cartridge is p-mount, but i don't
see it listed on their web page any more. however, various cartridge
outlets may still have them in stock. try a google search.

there are also versions of the shure v-15 that are p-mount.

http://www.needledoctor.com is a good place to start.
--
// scott drysdale //
// amigas and panheads and guns, oh my!

Eric wrote:
I am trying to breath life into and old linear tracking turntable.
Last chore is finding a new P-mount cartridge. Does anyone make a
"high end" P-mount cartridge? Audio Technica used to have a couple,
but I can't find any. HELP?

I believe Grado makes universal mounts, at least at the lower end of
their line.

bob
Eric

I am trying to breath life into and old linear tracking turntable.
Last chore is finding a new P-mount cartridge. Does anyone make a
"high end" P-mount cartridge? Audio Technica used to have a couple,
but I can't find any. HELP?

MCM Electronics has the Audio-Technica TM3...

sumiko's "blue point" high-output MC cartridge is p-mount, but i don't
see it listed on their web page any more....

there are also versions of the shure v-15 that are p-mount...

I believe Grado makes universal mounts, at least at the lower end of
their line...

Thanks for all of your input. The search for the Holy Grail is
never ending.

Jocelyn Major

Hello Eric,
Simply go to http://www.garage-a-records.com/
They have everything you need.
And from LP Gears
http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merc...ory_Co de=T4P

Also don't forget that some linear tracking turntable (mainly Japanese
one like Technics, Mitsubishi, sansui) where far from being *high-end*
so installing a high quality cartridge could sometime give so so
result.So if you have a japanese Linear Tracking Turntable better stick
with a regular P-Mount like the Ortofon OMP-10, the Audio-Technica
AT301EP or a Shure M92E.
Regard

Jocelyn

Eric a écrit :
I am trying to breath life into and old linear tracking turntable.
Last chore is finding a new P-mount cartridge. Does anyone make a
"high end" P-mount cartridge? Audio Technica used to have a couple,
but I can't find any. HELP?

Eric

Jocelyn Major wrote:

Hello Eric,
Simply go to http://www.garage-a-records.com/
They have everything you need.
And from LP Gears
http://www.lpgear.com/Merchant2/merc...ory_Co de=T4P

Thanks. URLs saved.

Also don't forget that some linear tracking turntable (mainly Japanese
one like Technics, Mitsubishi, sansui) where far from being *high-end*
so installing a high quality cartridge could sometime give so so
result.So if you have a japanese Linear Tracking Turntable better stick
with a regular P-Mount like the Ortofon OMP-10, the Audio-Technica
AT301EP or a Shure M92E.

This is a Sony (PL-7?) It currently has an Audio Technica in it.
A 152LP perhaps?

I've got a shoe box full of cartridges from my 1970s search for the
"Holy Grail" (AKG, Shure V15, etc.,) but none of them are P-mount.

Thanks again.