Paul Carmen

Default Expensive Roland manual

Hi there,

I am browsing the market for a digital multitracker now.

According to Mike the Roland VS 2000 CD might be too complicated
for an absolute beginner like me. Others told me that they seem
to be not too open with export formats.

So I wanted to check this information by reading the manual
of the device. As it was not findable on their website, I
asked Roland for a PDF or a link to such. No way.

They offered me the printed handbook for about $24 plus
shipping. They said they would give me back the money if
I buy one.
Welcome to the world of digital information exchange.

Now I had a look at the Korg D16XD. (Guess it was again Mike
who somewhere said "Korg is good".) By TCP/IP mystery PDF
version of the 208 page manual got moved to my computer.
Perhaps they should teach Roland how it works with that
PDF conversion and web content management.

As far as I can see the D16XD is what I need and what I
would be able to handle, and perhaps even to pay.
I hope the touchscreen technology is mature and not the
weak point. I searched newsgroups and websites for
trouble reports about this recorder but could not
identify such up to now. Looking forward to get one.

Anybody who wants to make me rethinking it?

PC