Steven R. Rochlin

Default World First! Halcro dm10 pre-amplifier review!

World premiere review of Halcro dm10 pre-amplifier and dm68 power
amplifier by longstanding and well respected reviewer Alvin Gold. We also
have articles by Dick Olsher and many other well-established reviewers.

See the review at:

http://www.enjoythemusic.com/magazine/

Enjoy the Music,

Steven R. Rochlin
http://www.EnjoyTheMusic.com

Where you can find:

Ultimate Audio, The Absolute Sound,
Review Magazine, The $ensible Sound,
Audiophile Audition, The Audiophile Voice...
....and MUCH more!

Powell

"Steven R. Rochlin" wrote

World premiere review of Halcro dm10
pre-amplifier...

Nice article. If Halcro could come up with a
consumers version ($8 K) of the dm10
pre-amplifier... I’d pursue a trial hearing.
“Distortion: unmeasurable, below noise floor.”
Worthy technical achievement, if true.

Arny Krueger

"Powell" wrote in message

"Steven R. Rochlin" wrote

World premiere review of Halcro dm10
pre-amplifier...

Nice article. If Halcro could come up with a
consumers version ($8 K) of the dm10
pre-amplifier... I'd pursue a trial hearing.

"Distortion: unmeasurable, below noise floor."
Worthy technical achievement, if true.

It is hardly difficult to measure distortion below the noise floor, so this
claim as stated is meaningless. It reflects poorly on the technical
competence of the reviewer.

The statement suggesting that current mode inputs are immune to cable
differences is equally false. If anything its resistant to differences in
cable resistance, but it is if anything more susceptible to differences in
cable capacitance.

The article as usual avoids the use of proper listening tests and presents
no technical test results. Therefore, it is basically a non-review. Pretty
pictures, though. One wonders if they were provided by the manufacturer.

Powell

"Arny Krueger" wrote

Nice article. If Halcro could come up with a
consumers version ($8 K) of the dm10
pre-amplifier... I'd pursue a trial hearing.

"Distortion: unmeasurable, below noise floor."
Worthy technical achievement, if true.

It is hardly difficult to measure distortion below the
noise floor, so this claim as stated is meaningless.
It reflects poorly on the technical competence of the
reviewer.

Are you by comparison any more “technical competence?”
Can you measure the “noise floor” of a Halcro dm10, if
presented to you you today? I’m doubtful you are in
possession of the equipment or the E.E. competency for
the riggers of such as task (meaningful). I’m also doubtful
that 3rd world computer assembly has prepared you for
britches that big to fill, Arny .

The statement suggesting that current mode inputs are
immune to cable differences is equally false. If anything
its resistant to differences in cable resistance, but it is if
anything more susceptible to differences in cable
capacitance.

Empirical experience lacking, you postulation can be
measured by examining the distance between your
elbow and the dimpled armchair rest .

The article as usual avoids the use of proper listening
tests and presents no technical test results.

So? Are you worried someone is going spend
money you don’t have... or that if they do they will
be harmed in some fashion?

Therefore, it is basically a non-review.

Thank you, mr. Critic.

S.P.

Never mind all that mentioned above. I just got one, the dm8 (no
phono). I use it with the dCS trio and with Halcro's amps. I had
been using the dSC Elgar's volume, thinking that anything else would
spoil the picture. Well, that thinking was wrong. I now crank up the
Elgar volume to the max and use the dm8 to turn it back down. Damn!
Well, forget about measurements. There is nothing to measure!