Lee Wasson

Default Floating ground to common ground question.

I've searched and searched.... Maybe has been asked a million times, but
maybe not so much in this low-voltage pre-amp format.... thanks in advance
for any help.
I have a 2004 Audi. I am replacing with an aftermarket head unit (Kenwood
DDX-7015). I want to run the front speakers from the speaker-level outs,
just like the factory (non-bose) system did. This is a floating ground
system so no problems there.
I do, however, want to use the factory rear amp. This amp drives rear door
speakers and a factory sub (not the best, I know, but I want to keep it for
now). I have the fronts hooked up to speaker-level outs of the new head unit
and they work great! Before I hook up the rear low-volt pre-amp outs to the
factory rear amp, I need to know:
1. The factory rear amp has l/r (+) ins but common ground (-) "ins". The
"outs" from this amp are, however, floating ground, so obviously the amp
converts them internally. Also, on this new head unit, you CAN use speaker
level outs from front/rear and also pre-amp outs of front/rear at the same
time (don't have to use on or the other).
Knowing this, am I able to combine/splice together the rear low-level
pre-amp (-) l/r outs of my aftermarket head unit to the single common l/r
(-) in of the factory amp? Especially knowing that they convert to floating
ground within the amp before getting higher wattage output to the rear
speakers?
So, you see, while most want to ask about converting floating ground to
common from speaker level direct to speakers (using an adapter), I want to
know about doing that from a low-level pre-amp out to an "in" of an amp that
will then convert it's input signal to floating ground before sending it
back out.
Thanks!

--
Lee and Missy Wasson